Operation "Blue Flag" - 24/7 PvP Campaign - ROUND 9

gregzagk

Its not the point. My point is you can't really comment about balance until you've played on both side. If I'm not mistaken, I haven't seen Reaper squad played on Red side.

See what RVE guys post about balance in the previous post. Those are more valid than someone who has only ever play on blue side only....I'm sorry to say

I don't buy that theory. Balance is something that can be evaluated without playing the game at all. Maybe there's data for the last few rounds that we can analyse, I'm happy to take that on. No point in arguing about stuff without having hard data. Blue Flag admins, do you have tracks or something we can look at?

I personally always choose blue because I now know a few people on there and they always choose blue. The last few rounds has been pretty one-sided towards both Blue and Red.

My opinion is that Blue Flag has more issues than just the balance. There's also the glaring issue of server performance (prob hardware and software related), causing crazy lag and the associated poor missile performance.

Please CrashO, I dare you to play on the Red side next round and don't forget to bring your whole Reaper Squad. After that I'd listen what you say about balance. :D

Reaper doesn't fly RED, mainly, because most (if not, all) our strikers fly the A-10C.

So in RED they would have to buy & learn the KA-50 first.

As for myself, I don't fly FC3 on combat servers, if I want arcade cockpits i'll fly Battlefield. So that leaves only the L-39 and Mirage to fly, airplane wise from the RED side. Going to the helicopters, I fly 75% of the time in the Huey and 25% Gazelle. RED only has the Huey at farps, not at airfields (afaik) and no gazelle. So I would have to learn the MI-8 to be useful in my current role of transport (> 50% of my time on blueflag).

So no, I don't plan on flying red anytime soon. Not unless they get some different (non-FC3) airframes.

Edited by CrashO

Reaper doesn't fly RED, mainly, because most (if not, all) our strikers fly the A-10C.

So in RED they would have to buy & learn the KA-50 first.

As for myself, I don't fly FC3 on combat servers, if I want arcade cockpits i'll fly Battlefield. So that leaves only the L-39 and Mirage to fly, airplane wise from the RED side. Going to the helicopters, I fly 75% of the time in the Huey and 25% Gazelle. RED only has the Huey at farps, not at airfields (afaik) and no gazelle. So I would have to learn the MI-8 to be useful in my current role of transport (> 50% of my time on blueflag).

So no, I don't plan on flying red anytime soon. Not unless they get some different (non-FC3) airframes.

So FC3 Airframe is Arcade ?? i just couldn't resist asking

The balance issue isn't like it was in the past few rounds. The balance issue now is the server is never balanced at any one time. Very rarely are the teams even remotely close to being even. Sometimes red has a vast majority while other times it's Blue. I don't think the issue anymore is red or blue vastly outnumber. I think the issue is now that red or blue at different times in the same rounnd vastly out number the other.

No idea if that is even fixable. No idea if it's even a problem. The problem I see with it currently is that the AI interceptors don't work. Another issue that I see that I think contributes to this, and I think it is being addressed, is that most Americans will go blue and a lot of eastern Europeans and Russians will go red. This leads to the issues above because of time zone differences. The way to fix this is to have the majorty, if not all of the airframes on both teams. Even if it's just the a10c and ka50 I think we will have michore even numbers.

I know some​ people don't want that, but that is how it was all the way through round 6 or 7 and those rounds were great and fairly balanced. Just 2 cents here.

But not hitting on the point about lives.

I think they should just remove the Su33 completely, make Mirage Blue only, remove troop transport from Gazelle, Huey Blue, Mi8 Red, and make R-27ER available for the 27 and 29. This will address some inbalance issues regarding capability, improve SA for Blue aircraft and be much closer to a true Blue v Red scenario.

+1

I would be okay with the SU-33 being around but currently the Viggen RB-04 seem to be passing through the carriers. Without a method to sink the carrier... and unlimited lives... it is a bit OP. Now if we could sink the carrier, especially towards the very end of a match, the SU-33 would be a valuable asset, but not one that couldn't be dealt with.

On another note, I noticed extreme lag a few times in the server and granted this occurs when the slots are nearly full, but I was wondering if this is only me? My Ping is usually around 100 at these times. When this is happening often the missiles do not track or get lag jinked at the last second and as such is very discouraging. Could I have a bandwidth issue or is this something others are experiencing too?

The balance issue isn't like it was in the past few rounds. The balance issue now is the server is never balanced at any one time. Very rarely are the teams even remotely close to being even. Sometimes red has a vast majority while other times it's Blue. I don't think the issue anymore is red or blue vastly outnumber. I think the issue is now that red or blue at different times in the same rounnd vastly out number the other.

No idea if that is even fixable. No idea if it's even a problem. The problem I see with it currently is that the AI interceptors don't work. Another issue that I see that I think contributes to this, and I think it is being addressed, is that most Americans will go blue and a lot of eastern Europeans and Russians will go red. This leads to the issues above because of time zone differences. The way to fix this is to have the majorty, if not all of the airframes on both teams. Even if it's just the a10c and ka50 I think we will have michore even numbers.

I know some​ people don't want that, but that is how it was all the way through round 6 or 7 and those rounds were great and fairly balanced. Just 2 cents here.

Maybe it was that way before round 5 or 6. That's when I started and I've never seen the exact same aircraft on both sides. The realism and challenge of it is what drew me and a lot of people to BF. If this ends up going to an arcade, same planes on both sides thing, we may as well go to the 104th imo. From what I can tell, most of the regular red veterans don't care about Blue having more people on the team. We still push when there are less of us. It seems like, for the most part, the people that are complaining about balance are the once that rarely show up.

I9 9900k @ 5ghz water cooled, 32gb ram, GTX 2080ti, 1tb M.2, 2tb hdd, 1000 watt psu TrackIR 5, TM Warthog Stick and Throttle, CH Pedals

:thumbup:

Im not talking about having the Fighters on both. All rounds before 7 or so had all of the strikers and helis on both teams.

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

#I've been dreaming about an unlicensed version of the MIG-31...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Most heli runs are 20-40 mins unless you go on a really crazy mission, what else should you expect?

Not really. Much, much more time. 40 minutes is probably a CAP mission.

You can tell you take 40 minutes to reach somewhere with a helicopter... maybe. Not finishing a mission.

Sent from Tapatalk.

ASUS N552VX | i7-6700HQ @ 2.59GHz | 16 GB DDR3 | NVIDIA GF GTX 950M 4 Gb | 250 Gb SSD | 1 Tb HD SATA II Backup | TIR4 | Microsoft S. FF 2+X52 Throttle+Saitek Pedals | Win 10 64 bits

Not really. Much, much more time. 40 minutes is probably a CAP mission.

You can tell you take 40 minutes to reach somewhere with a helicopter... maybe. Not finishing a mission.

Sent from Tapatalk.

When I go to a farp or airbase with a chopper there is no such thing as a return flight because i'm taking over that sht. ;)

"[51☭] FROSTIE" #55

51st PVO "BISONS"

Fastest MiG pilot in the world - TCR'10

https://100kiap.org

This. The SU-33 doesn't outperform the blue planes. Blue has mirages, Mirages with 530's. 530's I tell you!. Those puppy's can hit you from even further then the ET and ER's can. And they got all the people, all of them, the people, they are all blue. Red needs the SU-33 to make it fair. It can just barely make it against all those overpowered blue things.

*Just a recap of the opinions from the last 20 pages bundled into one

Just look at this poor poor red player, barely managing to keep up against those pesky outnumbered blue's. They really need it for balance and fairness.

The problem is not the SU-33, but the availability of all missile types in the russian carrier, they should edit the kuznetsov storage and leave only the R-27R, T, 73 and R-60, thats all.

Aside from what server you like to play or what air frame you wish to fly , But its really annoying when people diss the FC3 aircraft just because it has no clickable cockpit or because the work load is flushed out compared to other DCS level aircraft ( clickable ) . well the work load of course is much higher when you are preparing for take off lets say in M2000 compared to F15 , but once you are in the fight the work load should be the same if you know how to use your HOTAS .

bottom line is an FC3 aircraft is no difference to clickable aircraft once you are in the air and into a fight ( im not talking about weapon , im talking about working the system and using ur Hotas and Keyboard) .

Edit : typo mistake

Has nothing to do with the FC3 Aircraft...My post was not meant as a diss on FC3 aircraft and I apologize if it was taken as such...I am quite fond of the F-15C and look forward to the future.

It has EVERYTHING to do with a side having aircraft slots that because of scripting issues, have unlimited lives.

The moment it was discovered Su33 pilots lives were not limited the same as everyone else in the server and that they spawn ready to fly those aircraft should have been removed until the issue was resolved. Why? Because I've watched Su33 pilots do things they simply wouldn't be doing if they had the same restrictions as everyone else.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Primary Computer

ASUS Z390-P, i7-9700K CPU @ 5.0Ghz, 32GB Patriot Viper Steel DDR4 @ 3200Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce 1070 Ti AMP Extreme, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe drives (1Tb & 500 Gb), Windows 10 Professional, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Warthog Stick, Thrustmaster Cougar Throttle, Cougar MFDs x3, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals and TrackIR 5.

-={TAC}=-DCS Server

Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3, i7-3770K CPU @ 3.90GHz, 32GB G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR3 @ 1600Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce® GTX 970.

Has nothing to do with the FC3 Aircraft...My post was not meant as a diss on FC3 aircraft and I apologize if it was taken as such...I am quite fond of the F-15C and look forward to the future.

It has EVERYTHING to do with a side having aircraft slots that because of scripting issues, have unlimited lives.

The moment it was discovered Su33 pilots lives were not limited the same as everyone else in the server and that they spawn ready to fly those aircraft should have been removed until the issue was resolved. Why? Because I've watched Su33 pilots do things they simply wouldn't be doing if they had the same restrictions as everyone else.

You're still ignoring the fact that blue can reset their lives so I'm not sure why you're still stuck on anything concerning the Su33...

I9 9900k @ 5ghz water cooled, 32gb ram, GTX 2080ti, 1tb M.2, 2tb hdd, 1000 watt psu TrackIR 5, TM Warthog Stick and Throttle, CH Pedals

Can an admin please reset coalitions. I want to do some testing Regarding what Sniper mentioned before we start a fire.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

?, What are you talking about?

JD

AKA_MattE

He's talking about an exploit only available to the Blue team to regain all your lost lives.

BSS_Sniper, don't spread it, otherwise the 1 million strong Blue horde will look like 2 million or 3 million.

He's talking about an exploit only available to the Blue team to regain all your lost lives.

BSS_Sniper, don't spread it, otherwise the 1 million strong Blue horde will look like 2 million or 3 million.

:megalol:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]