Operation "Blue Flag" - 24/7 PvP Campaign - ROUND 9

gregzagk

. So much fun can be had with choppers and timewise it doesn't take too long like you believe.

that is, if all goes well more often it is/was like:

a) the a10/ka50 destroyed the farp 20min ago...we know what happens when you land...

b) you are in place but your team does not manage to clear out the thing

'controlling' the Ka50 feels like a discussion with the Autopilot and trim system about the flight direction.

Just a quick question. Is the Sabre (and mig15) allowed in the Blue Flag?

| A-10C | MiG-21bis | Hawk T1.A | L-39 Albatros | F-5E | Ka-50 | Mi-8 | NTTR | CA | SU27 | M2000C | F-86F | AV-8B | F/A-18C | Mig 15 | Mig 19|

Specs

Intel i7-9700k

msi GTX 2060 Gaming Z

msi Z390 Gaming PLUS

16gb RAM

Hotas Warthog

Is it just me or is the KB pod for Viggen's flare/chaff not allowed on the server? Every pre-made loadout I try to equip with the KB pod ends up not including it on the wings and I can't add it manually.

Is this a "balance" thing or a bug?

Found the cause for this bug...version mismatch between client/server running DCS open beta and DCS stable respectively. Moving to stable version (or whatever the server you're on is using) has solved the loadout restrictions on the Viggen.

Small update for the mission files:

- Added A-10C's slots for Red side

- Moved SU-33s to Anapa AB

- Removed Carriers (Kuznetsov & Carl Vinson)

- Added Belougas for Mirages

More fixes & updates to come after a team meeting during the week.

Greg

"ARGO" DCS UH-1H DLC SP Campaign

373vFS DCS World squadron (Greece) - www.buddyspike.net

"ARGO 2.0 Project Phoenix" UH-1H DLC Campaign - WIP

Blue Flag is still a thing? With Round 10 in testing for what feels like a year now it just got boring. To me it was a campaing that ran for up to 20 days where you need to stay sharp from the beginning to the end and give everything you got in your playbook. Then there was a time of calm and recreation when all the heat settled down so we can look at each other again without scratching and biting each other. Now it just became another form of air quake. One side got defeated? Wait a day or two and it's back to square one. Or: "Let's make a speed run, I wanna finish them within three days!".

Round 6 was the best round. There where almost no restrictions and with more long range engagements it got more tactical where you could win if you were outnumbered 2:1 but impossible with only short range weapons like 27R and AIM-7 we are forced to use since round 7. And this coming from a guy that never goes out without 2 sparrows even when 120s are allowed.

Yes these are no official Blue Flag rounds. It's just the server running instead of having it down. We didn't have the time to bring a good concept up due to real life priorities. Working on it again now.

Greg

Yes these are no official Blue Flag rounds. It's just the server running instead of having it down. We didn't have the time to bring a good concept up due to real life priorities. Working on it again now.

Greg

make it without fc3 crapcrafts *cogh*

• Like 1

| A-10C | MiG-21bis | Hawk T1.A | L-39 Albatros | F-5E | Ka-50 | Mi-8 | NTTR | CA | SU27 | M2000C | F-86F | AV-8B | F/A-18C | Mig 15 | Mig 19|

Specs

Intel i7-9700k

msi GTX 2060 Gaming Z

msi Z390 Gaming PLUS

16gb RAM

Hotas Warthog

:huh:

Small update for the mission files:

- Added A-10C's slots for Red side

- Moved SU-33s to Anapa AB

- Removed Carriers (Kuznetsov & Carl Vinson)

- Added Belougas for Mirages

More fixes & updates to come after a team meeting during the week.

Greg

OH man, A10C's on red? At this point, we may as well have exactly the same thing on both sides.

I9 9900k @ 5ghz water cooled, 32gb ram, GTX 2080ti, 1tb M.2, 2tb hdd, 1000 watt psu TrackIR 5, TM Warthog Stick and Throttle, CH Pedals

Is it necessary for the Mistral on the blue side to be able to both call in a bomber and carry troops? One Gazelle Mistral can take out and capture a farp on its own this way. I haven't found anything similiar on the red side yet. Is it the same for the other types of gazelle as well?

Edited by Snowman

Intel i7-7700K @ 5.1GHz, Gigabyte Z170XP SLI

32 GB Corsair Vengeance @ 2666 Mhz (Stock 2400 Mhz), Gigabyte GTX 1080 Windfoce OC , PSU 650W Seasonic

EK Watercooling (Open loop)

Windows 10 Pro x64

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog + MFG Crosswind + Thrustmaster MFD

Is it necessary for the Mistral on the red side to be able to both call in a bomber and carry troops? One Gazelle Mistral can take out and capture a farp on its own this way. I haven't found anything similiar on the red side yet. Is it the same for the other types of gazelle as well?

Yes that one is gone get a tweak as it's an overkill. We don't plan to add it on Red though.

As far for the aircraft we have currently:

On both sides: Mirages, SU-25T, Viggens, A-10C, UH-1H, Mi-8.

Red only: SU-27, MiG-29, SU-33, MiG-21, L-39, SU-25A, KA-50

Blue only: F-15C, F-5, HAWK, A-10A, Gazelle

Edited by gregzagk

I just flew a couple rounds on Red and want to hook up with a friend tomorrow to fly on blue. Not thinking much about it, I locked myself on red and can't swtich.

May an admin of Buddy Spike please switch 'Sawamura' to blue? Would be very appreciated. :)

I just flew a couple rounds on Red and want to hook up with a friend tomorrow to fly on blue. Not thinking much about it, I locked myself on red and can't swtich.

May an admin of Buddy Spike please switch 'Sawamura' to blue? Would be very appreciated. :)

Should be ok now ;)

Greg

• Like 1

Well, Oceandar was moaning that reaper never flies Red so we where not allowed to complain, being blue biased.

So we decided to join red for a round. :D

Cheers and now Red has the A-10C. Should little bit different I guess...

Edited by Oceandar

Mastering others is strength. Mastering yourself is true power. - Lao Tze