Operation "Blue Flag" - 24/7 PvP Campaign - ROUND 9

gregzagk

I was more adressing the SRS specific problems on disconnects and insta death that jackmckay was alluding to (never expirienced them myself). If you are dead you have the time to alt-tab and reconnect to SRS.

And yes I am on TS and SRS, and sometimes even relay messages to people who refuse to use one or the other.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"DCS World is the main public build, it has nothing to do with being stable" -Bignewy

I joined red this time

Traitor! ;)

The red teamspeak is kept to brevity. It can sometimes be hard because the Russians don't speak English, so we occasionally need a translator to play the middle man. It does work. You just have to be willing to give it a try.

Last time I tried Red they were all sitting in a squadron specific channel. That's what kept me away, giving me the impression they want to stay on their own. Is it ok to join?

SRS is not simple as TS is. SRS kicks you out on game crash (and they are often lately) and also on instant kill so you get banned from SRS easily. On TS you stay constantly. There should be feature on SRS to auto load general comms channel by default action, something like lobby channel. Then SRS could be more useful so player is about to setup extra freqs (for CAP or CAS etc.) and not base (lobby) one.

Guys, what about life balancing feature?

There IS a lobby feature, it's just turned off for BlueFlag. It activates when you're in spectator mode of Multiplayer.

The issue is the lobby is shared as as soon as you're in spectator mode (which is where you are put when you die on BlueFlag) you'll end up in a Lobby with Red & Blue.

If you guys want a feature, you can just ask. :)

Would you want a lobby feature where you can pick a side, once in spectator mode, BUT also a list of players (like teamspeak) so if a player is listening in you can see?

The lobby currently works in SRS the same as in game, you get 3 radios with frequencies so if you all agree not to abuse it, I can turn it on now and Red sticks to Red channels and Blue to Blue :thumbup:

The lobby clients will NOT be able to talk to the flying clients, but if you want to plan before jumping into slots, you can.

Thats because theres an SRS update every 5 mins as good as it is, I cant be bothered to keep updating or fix it or copy i.p addresses book over then test it before i get into game.

Edit: Its a shame ED cant implement it into dcsw full stop with permission from Ciri of coarse.

SRS removing the favourites on updates bug is fixed (report if not!), and I know you don't mean to but its slightly frustrating to see that you're annoyed about the updates.... I work pretty hard on it to make up for the lack of updates since before Christmas (due to a lack of home).

There won't be updates for a while now anyway, as we're starting work on new BlueFlag scripts which will take up a lot of time instead... :)

Even the blue Reapers would disagree with you. SRS becomes a pain in the rear when you are trying to coordinate and the server is down. Or when the server just came back up and everyone is trying to figure out what to do. Unless you join a slot and power up, you can't talk to others (there is no lobby feature.)

Enter Teamspeak and this problem is solved. I prefer SRS, but I also sit in teamspeak because sometimes I want to coordinate next steps without having to be in a slot. I love SRS and the immersion it adds, but it complicates the coordination before the attack.

For the blue players who won't switch sides because red doesn't use SRS: I joined red this time and the red teamspeak is kept to brevity. It can sometimes be hard because the Russians don't speak English, so we occasionally need a translator to play the middle man. It does work. You just have to be willing to give it a try.

TJ

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The idea for SRS was always that it would be used in tandem with TeamSpeak, TS for planning. SRS for comms exactly as you describe :)

But see comment on Lobby above ^

I was more adressing the SRS specific problems on disconnects and insta death that jackmckay was alluding to (never expirienced them myself). If you are dead you have the time to alt-tab and reconnect to SRS.

And yes I am on TS and SRS, and sometimes even relay messages to people who refuse to use one or the other.

SRS should not ever disconnect you on death, if it is, please report it as i've never seen that happen!

Scripts: Complete Transport And Logistics Deployment - CTLD / CTLD Examples - Lots of example of how to use CTLD

CSAR Script - Downed Pilot Rescue / Dedicated Server Script - Automatically launch DCS Multiplayer server at startup

Range Scoring Script - Get scores and counts hits on targets for gunnery or bombs / SimpleSlotBlock - Multiplayer dynamic Slot Blocking Script

Projects: DCS-SimpleRadio Standalone - DCS Radio Integration for All Aircraft - NO TeamSpeak Required! :)

DCS-SimpleRadio Troubleshooting Post / DCS-SimpleRadio Free Support Channel on Discord

Traitor! ;)

Last time I tried Red they were all sitting in a squadron specific channel. That's what kept me away, giving me the impression they want to stay on their own. Is it ok to join?

I know. But I picked up the ka50 on sale and have been loving learning it. That means red though... :(

I do enjoy watching the blue twitch feeds though to see if I am going to die. That was a lot of fun yesterday. :)

In my experience the squadron specific channels don't speak English. Or at least when I tried to join they didn't. Maybe that was one time, maybe that's how it's always been, I don't know as I've only been red for three days.

TJ

There IS a lobby feature, it's just turned off for BlueFlag. It activates when you're in spectator mode of Multiplayer.

The issue is the lobby is shared as as soon as you're in spectator mode (which is where you are put when you die on BlueFlag) you'll end up in a Lobby with Red & Blue.

Would you want a lobby feature where you can pick a side, once in spectator mode, BUT also a list of players (like teamspeak) so if a player is listening in you can see?

The lobby currently works in SRS the same as in game, you get 3 radios with frequencies so if you all agree not to abuse it, I can turn it on now and Red sticks to Red channels and Blue to Blue :thumbup:

The lobby clients will NOT be able to talk to the flying clients, but if you want to plan before jumping into slots, you can.

The idea for SRS was always that it would be used in tandem with TeamSpeak, TS for planning. SRS for comms exactly as you describe :)

This is awesome! Anyway to prevent the lobby from allowing red to listen to blue and vice versa? I personally think TS is the answer to this, so I'd probably stay away from custom coding something just for Blue Flag. I don't know if another server that requires you to pick sides like Blue Flag, but I'll be honest and say I primarily only fly Blue Flag and 104th.

Ps: I love building objects on maps. I suck at scripting (still learning- I'm still new at DCS), but if you ever need someone to help place objects and do some of that grunt work, just let me know.

TJ

SRS should not ever disconnect you on death, if it is, please report it as i've never seen that happen!

Me neither, but apparently people expirience all kinds of trouble, when using SRS, that I'm not having, but that could be an excuse of course (;

Edited by kobeshow

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"DCS World is the main public build, it has nothing to do with being stable" -Bignewy

I think that people just mean that they get back to "default freq" - the server do not actually kick people out. But you do have to set up your frequency(ies) again after spawning in new module.

Language barriers are surely a great deal in DCS :P

Force GCI to use SR and see the shift from TS to SR right in front of your eyes

Me neither, but apparently people expirience all kinds of trouble when using SRS that I'm not having, but that could be an excuse of course (;

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

As a player who predominantly flies choppers, I find it quite tedious to get to some places across the mountains. It takes 25minutes just to fly there which will get quite boring after you have done this 4 times, since the map is not progressing.

Proposal:

How about introducing a mobile FARP? I mean, that's what they are meant for, to be quickly established at forward positions. Just make it in a way that it takes a bit of effort, like 4 crates in total to set one up. You have to place four crates to set up a FARP in a one location to create it and the FARP does not count as a objective so it is not captureable. Once all units are destroyed the FARP will just disappear. And limit the numbers to just one ore two.

As a player who predominantly flies choppers, I find it quite tedious to get to some places across the mountains. It takes 25minutes just to fly there which will get quite boring after you have done this 4 times, since the map is not progressing.

Proposal:

How about introducing a mobile FARP? I mean, that's what they are meant for, to be quickly established at forward positions. Just make it in a way that it takes a bit of effort, like 4 crates in total to set one up. You have to place four crates to set up a FARP in a one location to create it and the FARP does not count as a objective so it is not captureable. Once all units are destroyed the FARP will just disappear. And limit the numbers to just one ore two.

I like this idea!

TJ

Anyway to prevent the lobby from allowing red to listen to blue and vice versa? I personally think TS is the answer to this, so I'd probably stay away from custom coding something just for Blue Flag.
...agree! The best way is the original intended one:

Teamspeak for pre-planning+chit-chat & SRS for inflight-radio-comms+GCI. Period.

Stick to that!

No need for any kind of a "lobby"-something. This would only lead to confusion.

PS: I am every day for several hours on Bluflag using SRS and have more or less NEVER any kind of disconnect or crash or whatever (besides occasional DCS crash, what I am pretty sure is DCS-related and not SRS; it's very seldom whatsoever).

Edited by -Painter-

Regards

REAPER 31 | Painter

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Proposal:

Maybe not even a full farp as choppers and STOL planes could rearm from a road-side setup. I'm not entirely sure, but I wonder if you can alter the stores for the included road-side team included with the Viggen so that choppers could rearm at them as well. Getting troops from one of these locations might be a bit OP but rearm/refuel would allow a helo pilot to drop troops and then refit for support. This system would also make the Viggen incredibly dangerous! I think the BF team is already trying to implement roadside rearm/refuel, BTW.

Proposal:

4 crates, so 8 trips at anywhere between 10-20min flight one way to save making a 25 min flight to an airbase/farp that will be cleared and waiting for troops within an hour. Sorry I must be missing something because I don't get it.

"[51☭] FROSTIE" #55

51st PVO "BISONS"

Fastest MiG pilot in the world - TCR'10

https://100kiap.org

I just think that chopper pilots feel alone most of the time, so they want to have something they can do on their own time, but I think Blueflag is not the place for that.

Blueflag is also not the place for fighters to just fly towards the enemy and kill them.

If you are not covering something you are not doing anything.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The only way Redfor is ever going to use SRS is if they stop using TS period. There is always one player who can't get SRS to work, and in instead of fixing it they just use TS. This in turn causes everyone else to use TS.

There isn't always just a "fix". While I like srs, it isn't the end all be all. There are people that are having problems that can be fixed. There are others that have problems that seem to be beyond fixing. I've been testing my srs for weeks now. It's causing dcs to crash more often than when I'm not using it. If it comes between being able to fly for any length of time and using srs, I will be flying and using TS instead.

SRS isn't going to make or break a team, using comms is and it really doesn't matter what the comms are.

I9 9900k @ 5ghz water cooled, 32gb ram, GTX 2080ti, 1tb M.2, 2tb hdd, 1000 watt psu TrackIR 5, TM Warthog Stick and Throttle, CH Pedals

Even the blue Reapers would disagree with you. SRS becomes a pain in the rear when you are trying to coordinate and the server is down. Or when the server just came back up and everyone is trying to figure out what to do. Unless you join a slot and power up, you can't talk to others (there is no lobby feature.)

Enter Teamspeak and this problem is solved. I prefer SRS, but I also sit in teamspeak because sometimes I want to coordinate next steps without having to be in a slot. I love SRS and the immersion it adds, but it complicates the coordination before the attack.

For the blue players who won't switch sides because red doesn't use SRS: I joined red this time and the red teamspeak is kept to brevity. It can sometimes be hard because the Russians don't speak English, so we occasionally need a translator to play the middle man. It does work. You just have to be willing to give it a try.

TJ

Exactly and I've been saying the same thing for months. You can't use SRS alone. SRS is a radio. You can't coordinate when everyone is on a different freq, not to mention you have to be in an aircraft. You have to be on TS along with SRS or you can be on TS alone, but SRS by itself is not enough. There are too many people that have never actually had to use a radio in real life that thinks srs is realistic and refuse to get on TS. If it helps, people go to briefings in real life prior to a mission. They aren't separated and sitting on a radio, they are in the same room coordinating. That's TS.

I9 9900k @ 5ghz water cooled, 32gb ram, GTX 2080ti, 1tb M.2, 2tb hdd, 1000 watt psu TrackIR 5, TM Warthog Stick and Throttle, CH Pedals

SRS removing the favourites on updates bug is fixed (report if not!), and I know you don't mean to but its slightly frustrating to see that you're annoyed about the updates.... I work pretty hard on it to make up for the lack of updates since before Christmas (due to a lack of home).

There won't be updates for a while now anyway, as we're starting work on new BlueFlag scripts which will take up a lot of time instead... :)

But see comment on Lobby above ^

Would this lobby mode really make much of a difference? I mean, if only the people that aren't actually in an aircraft can hear those in the "lobby mode", it's kind of pointless.

It's causing dcs to crash more often than when I'm not using it.
...are you really sure about that? I mean there are dozens of people using it, including me, for hours and hours and hours on Blueflag without any crash. So from my point of view it seems really like more than surprising SRS causes DCS crashes. Have you reported it and send the log of SRS to Ciribob?

It is the combination of TS and SRS what really makes the difference - TS=ready-room/briefing-room/chit-chat-room | SRS=inflight reallife-like radio-comms

Regards

REAPER 31 | Painter

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

4 crates, so 8 trips at anywhere between 10-20min flight one way to save making a 25 min flight to an airbase/farp that will be cleared and waiting for troops within an hour. Sorry I must be missing something because I don't get it.

The idea would be not to do it on you own, so not 8 trips by only one pilot. And a FARP would be something that lasts till the endt of the round, so potentially saving time for following attacks and other players.

Would this lobby mode really make much of a difference? I mean, if only the people that aren't actually in an aircraft can hear those in the "lobby mode", it's kind of pointless.

That was the exact point - That it only works for those not in an aircraft as it was intended to cover the briefing while the server is spooling up, before you've jumped into an aircraft. That was what was asked for. :)

I'm happy to leave as is, or turn it on - it's up to you guys.

But as mentioned by a few, and yourself. The idea is that SRS is used in tandem with TS.

TS provides a magical god channel used for banter & planning.

SRS provides realistic in game comms for in aircraft. It would be more realistic if we turned on all the realism options but I think for now it's a good balance.

SRS will not cause DCS to crash, as data is pulled from DCS in a passive way (unless you use in game overlay). If SimpleRadio isn't running, but you haven't removed the scripts, its literally the same as if SimpleRadio is running as DCS is still exporting data the same way regardless.

Scripts: Complete Transport And Logistics Deployment - CTLD / CTLD Examples - Lots of example of how to use CTLD

CSAR Script - Downed Pilot Rescue / Dedicated Server Script - Automatically launch DCS Multiplayer server at startup

Range Scoring Script - Get scores and counts hits on targets for gunnery or bombs / SimpleSlotBlock - Multiplayer dynamic Slot Blocking Script

Projects: DCS-SimpleRadio Standalone - DCS Radio Integration for All Aircraft - NO TeamSpeak Required! :)

DCS-SimpleRadio Troubleshooting Post / DCS-SimpleRadio Free Support Channel on Discord