Operation "Blue Flag" - 24/7 PvP Campaign - ROUND 9

gregzagk

...I personally do NOT wanna see this. Because it leads to the situation that this "coordinator channel" developes within 1 day to the new Battle-Net/GCI-channel because people are just lazy as hell and do not feel any need to tune the correct frequency.

Sorry Gentlemen, but besides all "gameplay"-ideas this is a simulation still! And one if the things really everybody should be able to manage is: use the radio of the aircraft you fly in the proper way like it is done in reallife. DCS is not meant to be a "game" for arcade-style players as of "jump-in-and-fly" and "jump-in-and-talk" kind. So - no - people shouldn't be able to talk this way.

Use Teamspeak for this things, but let the simulator be what it is: an aircraft simulator (and SRS is the addon what adds the aircraft radios in the reallife like proper way to all aircraft, not more and not less)!

(PS: Still more or less no crashes at all here. Maybe once in 2 weeks and I wouldn't blame that on SRS.)

+100 :P

If you think there is an easy way into DCS YOU ARE WRONG and at the wrong place

Gigabyte Aorus X570S Master - Ryzen 5900X - Gskill 64GB 3200/CL14@3600/CL14 - Asus 1080ti EK-waterblock - 4x Samsung 980Pro 1TB - 1x Samsung 870 Evo 1TB - 1x SanDisc 120GB SSD - Heatkiller IV - MoRa3-360LT@9x120mm Noctua F12 - Corsair AXi-1200 - TiR5-Pro - Warthog Hotas - Saitek Combat Pedals - Asus PG278Q 27" QHD Gsync 144Hz - Corsair K70 RGB Pro - Win11 Pro/Linux - Phanteks Evolv-X 

Hey, there could be a feature for each server IP like 'set server default freq', right? Like in real world VHF radio comms. People press one button to talk on emergency freq channel becouse they have cannel selector or preset channels. Don't tell me that every one has to set freq manually like in SRS because it's not true in RL. Many people don't like to exit game (Alt+Enter, Alt+tab) and select def. freq for SRS each time they go to spectator or on game crash? And it crashes a lot.

And if there are too many people on 'coordinator channel' and can't talk they just shift to their own freq in another radio slot and there are more than one. It's like TS but with way much channels.

I propose people to try that first and then conclude before judging this concept if chiribob has nothing against that. Anyway its just an idea and if someone have better one spit it.

121.5 baby.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aircraft_emergency_frequency

Edited by jackmckay

People need to remember that this is the Internet/online gamers we're dealing with...a universal channel/lobby would be a horrible idea given the track record of humanity coupled with anonymity.

Don't say trolling in DCS doesn't exist...had a run-in with someone the other night that wanted to fill freq 264 with requests for everyone to forcefully perform oral sex on him because the 8 of us weren't jumping in GCI slots and moving his JTAC.

People need to remember that this is the Internet/online gamers we're dealing with...a universal channel/lobby would be a horrible idea given the track record of humanity coupled with anonymity.

Don't say trolling in DCS doesn't exist...had a run-in with someone the other night that wanted to fill freq 264 with requests for everyone to forcefully perform oral sex on him because the 8 of us weren't jumping in GCI slots and moving his JTAC.

:megalol::megalol::megalol::megalol:

I think being able to spawn in closed airfields wouldn't add much and could be counterproductive but that's my personal opinion :thumbup:

If you mean this below, Ciribob means units will spawn to defend the base.

On the list :)

Defenders will spawn when the airbase is closed to make it a little exciting but again this is all subject to change as wags says.

"[51☭] FROSTIE" #55

51st PVO "BISONS"

Fastest MiG pilot in the world - TCR'10

https://100kiap.org

...guard frequency is implemented already. Also the preset-channels, as long as the mission-designer set them up in the mission (as I do usually). No need for something different/else regarding SRS.

Further: The reallife emergency/guard frequency in reallife isn't used for the coordination/planning stuff you had been talking about in your previous post.

Use Teamspeak for pre-planning.

For switching frequency also there is no need for Alt-Tab. You tune it from within your cockpit.

Regards

REAPER 31 | Painter

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hey, there could be a feature for each server IP like 'set server default freq', right? Like in real world VHF radio comms. People press one button to talk on emergency freq channel becouse they have cannel selector or preset channels. Don't tell me that every one has to set freq manually like in SRS because it's not true in RL. Many people don't like to exit game (Alt+Enter, Alt+tab) and select def. freq for SRS each time they go to spectator or on game crash? And it crashes a lot.

And if there are too many people on 'coordinator channel' and can't talk they just shift to their own freq in another radio slot and there are more than one. It's like TS but with way much channels.

I propose people to try that first and then conclude before judging this concept if chiribob has nothing against that. Anyway its just an idea and if someone have better one spit it.

121.5 baby.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aircraft_emergency_frequency

Real world radios, there isn't a one button emergency/whatever you're talking about for guard. You tune a second radio to 121.5 and listen while you're using your main frequency for the flight. If you need to talk on guard then you switch to the radio with 121.5 and talk on it.

Also, teamspeak is what anyone should be using for coordination as has been stated so many times. Use SRS when you break off into flights for a mission.

I9 9900k @ 5ghz water cooled, 32gb ram, GTX 2080ti, 1tb M.2, 2tb hdd, 1000 watt psu TrackIR 5, TM Warthog Stick and Throttle, CH Pedals

realsim argument:

Americans do it all the time with thier Spysatelites, Drones and...actual spys. Checking where stuff is bevor takeoff that is.

gameplay argument:

some people are good at remembering stuff, others have good at dogfighting instincts. I for example have bad Situational Awareness and anything related to BFMs, but i enjoy doing preperation for a flight.

You've seen too many movies. lol Targets still have to be visually verified before dropping anything. It's nothing like what happens in BF where some have the coordinates saved and kill a farp or base in minutes without any verification what so ever. It's fly in, slew to mark point, drop, rinse repeat.

• Like 1

I9 9900k @ 5ghz water cooled, 32gb ram, GTX 2080ti, 1tb M.2, 2tb hdd, 1000 watt psu TrackIR 5, TM Warthog Stick and Throttle, CH Pedals

You knowthis all started out as I said it would be nice to have them random. Then a bunch of nerds joined in and started nit picking the scenarios I gave for why I wanted them to be random. Not one tried to argue with whether they should be random or not.

Now you come in and further skew my post even further by insinuating that I was saying its easy.

Since you brought up the difficulties in what it would require I'll switch subjects and take a stab at it.

I hate LUA and I don't feel like refreshing my DCS command syntax ATM since I'm at work so you're going to get this in Python. Its not difficult to template out random locations. Even semi-random which is what my example uses.

class UnitDef(object):
 '''

'''

def __init__(unitId, spawnLocations, probablity):
   self._id = unitId
   self._spawns = spawnLocations
   self._probability = probability

def id(self):
   '''

'''

return self._id

def locations(self):
   '''

'''

return list(self._spawns)

def spawn(self, team):
   '''

'''

do_create = random.random() <= self._probability

if do_create == True:
     location = random.choice(self._spawns)

DCS.createGroup(location, team)

def unitDefsForCapturePoint(capturePoint, team):
 return UNIT_DEFS[capturePoint][team]

def initializeCapturePoint(capturePoint, team)
 '''

'''

setBaseToTeam(team)

for unit in unitDefsForCapturePoint(capturePoint, team):
   unit.spawn(team)

initializeCapturePoint(RED_TEAM)

You aren't the only one that's brought this up and it was brought up quite a long time ago. The only ones that seem to be against it are the guys on the blue side, then again, if they want the Su25, they get it, or the Mi8 or no data link for red or...

You knowthis all started out as I said it would be nice to have them random. Then a bunch of nerds joined in and started nit picking the scenarios I gave for why I wanted them to be random. Not one tried to argue with whether they should be random or not.

Now you come in and further skew my post even further by insinuating that I was saying its easy.

Since you brought up the difficulties in what it would require I'll switch subjects and take a stab at it.

I hate LUA and I don't feel like refreshing my DCS command syntax ATM since I'm at work so you're going to get this in Python. Its not difficult to template out random locations. Even semi-random which is what my example uses.

class UnitDef(object):
 '''

'''

def __init__(unitId, spawnLocations, probablity):
   self._id = unitId
   self._spawns = spawnLocations
   self._probability = probability

def id(self):
   '''

'''

return self._id

def locations(self):
   '''

'''

return list(self._spawns)

def spawn(self, team):
   '''

'''

do_create = random.random() <= self._probability

if do_create == True:
     location = random.choice(self._spawns)

DCS.createGroup(location, team)

def unitDefsForCapturePoint(capturePoint, team):
 return UNIT_DEFS[capturePoint][team]

def initializeCapturePoint(capturePoint, team)
 '''

'''

setBaseToTeam(team)

for unit in unitDefsForCapturePoint(capturePoint, team):
   unit.spawn(team)

initializeCapturePoint(RED_TEAM)

...I personally do NOT wanna see this. Because it leads to the situation that this "coordinator channel" developes within 1 day to the new Battle-Net/GCI-channel because people are just lazy as hell and do not feel any need to tune the correct frequency.

Sorry Gentlemen, but besides all "gameplay"-ideas this is a simulation still! And one if the things really everybody should be able to manage is: use the radio of the aircraft you fly in the proper way like it is done in reallife. DCS is not meant to be a "game" for arcade-style players as of "jump-in-and-fly" and "jump-in-and-talk" kind. So - no - people shouldn't be able to talk this way.

Use Teamspeak for this things, but let the simulator be what it is: an aircraft simulator (and SRS is the addon what adds the aircraft radios in the reallife like proper way to all aircraft, not more and not less)!

(PS: Still more or less no crashes at all here. Maybe once in 2 weeks and I wouldn't blame that on SRS.)

That's fortunate for you, but some of us aren't that lucky. I love using SRS, I mean for flights, I still use TS at the same time, however, I've stopped using it for now because I have noticed that I crash more often than if I don't use it. There are already enough timeouts or crashes in general in BF and just trying to get into the server sometimes takes 30-60 minutes because of timeouts. I'd really look into my own system if it was just me, but everything I've mentioned happens to more than just a handful of people unfortunately.

You've seen too many movies. lol Targets still have to be visually verified before dropping anything. It's nothing like what happens in BF where some have the coordinates saved and kill a farp or base in minutes without any verification what so ever. It's fly in, slew to mark point, drop, rinse repeat.

You don't have to have the coordinates saved in the A10C. You fly to the target area, you can see all the targets on the TGP, and mark them. Then you switch the steerpoint mode to MARK and ripple your mavs and GBU-38s. Done right you can release 10 PGMs in one pass, if you use that loadout. Verification on BF is moot because we know that there are no friendlies. FARPs pose little danger to strikers if there aren't any KUBs or fighters in the area, which is why this tactic works.

just trying to get into the server sometimes takes 30-60 minutes because of timeouts.
...this never ever happened to me. The only time when I get timeouts during the establishment of connection is when the server is full or not fully up after restart.

What ping do you have to the BF-server?

(Maybe disable some mods ;) ).

Regards

REAPER 31 | Painter

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Can I get flipped to the red team? Feel like I should try and even the numbers when I normally play in the afternoons and evenings in the US.

We welcome all defectors with open arms! :thumbup:

I have been wanting to play blue side for a while to get some F-5 action, but I have high hopes they'll throw a couple F-5 slots on red side soon. I just feel too guilty to not keep signing up for Red given the numbers when I play.

I would like to see the overall total numbers (not just registered on the forum, because I never register there anymore). And for all other blues thinking about having more targets to shoot, come on over! :helpsmilie:

[...] but I have high hopes they'll throw a couple F-5 slots on red side soon.

Make them red, call them MiGs! - Dangerzone!:D:P

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Looking forward to it, Belsimtek!:thumbup:

With the Harrier and Hornet and F14 coming soon™, I think the thing to do would be to change these things up a bit.

Red:

F14, Mirage, Su25, Mi8, Mig21, Mig29, Su27, Ka50

Blue:

F15, F18, Harrier, A10, F5, Huey, Gazelle, AJS37

Or something like this. It would be great to have completely asymmetric forces and having full fidelity, popular and capable modules on both sides could lead to larger and more balanced numbers on both sides.