Operation "Blue Flag" - 24/7 PvP Campaign - ROUND 9

gregzagk

Replacing the Hawk and L-39 for the Mig-15 and F-86 for Bomber calls would be very nice.

Anyone?

I like flying the L39. But I'd like to see those two aircrafts

| A-10C | MiG-21bis | Hawk T1.A | L-39 Albatros | F-5E | Ka-50 | Mi-8 | NTTR | CA | SU27 | M2000C | F-86F | AV-8B | F/A-18C | Mig 15 | Mig 19|

Specs

Intel i7-9700k

msi GTX 2060 Gaming Z

msi Z390 Gaming PLUS

16gb RAM

Hotas Warthog

Replacing the Hawk and L-39 for the Mig-15 and F-86 for Bomber calls would be very nice.

Anyone?

I like the idea to give recon capabilities to some more popular planes… Although it makes me wonder: why not give the F5s and MiG-21s recon ability (maybe not to the ones spawning at captured bases to prevent some kind of bomber-spam). Seems like we barely see those planes since only the toughest guys risk losing one of their precious lives by flying CAP in an inferior plane. Personally I don’t dare flying the MiG-21 to provide cap… However for a recon mission I would most definitely fly it!

Working on new scripts, hopefully you guys will like the new stuff :)

It is great to read that you are working on some new (and hopefully awesome) stuff for Blue Flag! Any idea when some of it will be added to the server for testing? Or, in case it is too early to say, can you tell us what kind of features we can expect in the future?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I like the idea to give recon capabilities to some more popular planes… Although it makes me wonder: why not give the F5s and MiG-21s recon ability (maybe not to the ones spawning at captured bases to prevent some kind of bomber-spam). Seems like we barely see those planes since only the toughest guys risk losing one of their precious lives by flying CAP in an inferior plane. Personally I don’t dare flying the MiG-21 to provide cap… However for a recon mission I would most definitely fly it!

It is great to read that you are working on some new (and hopefully awesome) stuff for Blue Flag! Any idea when some of it will be added to the server for testing? Or, in case it is too early to say, can you tell us what kind of features we can expect in the future?

Dont want to say too much yet - a lot of work still to go.

All the core scripts have been redone - going to trial some changes to the map as well which is now possible due to the core rewrite

Very early WIP Attached

Capture.JPG.2c8bad8150651d2c9972ac53c9a1a394.JPG

Edited by Ciribob

Scripts: Complete Transport And Logistics Deployment - CTLD / CTLD Examples - Lots of example of how to use CTLD

CSAR Script - Downed Pilot Rescue / Dedicated Server Script - Automatically launch DCS Multiplayer server at startup

Range Scoring Script - Get scores and counts hits on targets for gunnery or bombs / SimpleSlotBlock - Multiplayer dynamic Slot Blocking Script

Projects: DCS-SimpleRadio Standalone - DCS Radio Integration for All Aircraft - NO TeamSpeak Required! :)

DCS-SimpleRadio Troubleshooting Post / DCS-SimpleRadio Free Support Channel on Discord

Is there a reason that the Mirage doesn't have to refuel when spawned? Seems weird that this is the only fighter that can get in the air in less than two minutes. I feel cheap getting shot down and coming right back up so quickly.

Can you make it even with the other aircraft or is there a special reason it starts with a full tank?

The SU25 and A10 also start with full fuel tanks and can be in the air in 2 minutes. I suppose the difference with those is you usually have to wait for the fuel to be taken OUT before you can take off.

Is there a reason that the Mirage doesn't have to refuel when spawned? Seems weird that this is the only fighter that can get in the air in less than two minutes. I feel cheap getting shot down and coming right back up so quickly.

Can you make it even with the other aircraft or is there a special reason it starts with a full tank?

Considering it can fuel while starting up and needs to take on only half of what the 15C needs, it cannot be made 'even' by starting empty. It's the 15C and 27 that need to start all fuelled up to make it balanced.

The only time the refueling time is of consequence is when you need to scramble a jet. You can put fuel tanks on the F15 and take off, the fuel will transfer into the main tank then you can drop the tanks. Gives you some play time for scrambles. In other cases you may as well sit tight and wait, you're going to do a lot of that in the F15 either way while the strikers / helos does their thing. Take the fuel out of all of them.

this again?

If you feel the mirage is having a advantage, go and fly the mirage.. both teams have it. Enjoy

The Mirage does have an advantage because of this, that's not opinion that's fact. And you can't make it go away by changing the Mirage, you need to change the FC3 planes.

That why I and quite a few others fly barely anything else. The advantage of being up in a few minutes, and do rearm/refuel in a few minutes is extremely advantageous. It would be nice to have a reason to fly the 15 and the 27 again, but maybe you don't care about that.

Well. It's a property of the aircraft.. small engine, small fuel tank. F-15, big engines, big fuel tank.

I agree that the mirage should be empty on start. But to start the arcade planes on a full tank (and the mirage empty) to compensate for the small and nimble intercept jet being able to do a fast startup and re-arm does not seem reasonable.

Or we can conclude that in the eternity the Mirage has been in blue flag, its ability to take off very quickly caused no real issues. Considering it can't be 'fixed', why not extend the same option to the FC3 planes.

The M2K still has the advantage in the 530 and rearming, which the FC3 planes still need to wait ages for, but at least they can take off in about the same timeframe.

The FC3 aircraft doesn't have a 'startup sequence'. You switch on power, left engine, right engine and off you go. The M2000, like all other full modules, require you to remember the full sequence of a few dozen things to make it go. The refueling of the FC3 aircraft is a way to meta-simulate this, AFAIK. IMO the auto-start should be disabled. I never use it but I know some people do. It really shouldn't bother you to be able to be airborne quickly, its a very small part of your sortie time, unless your standard sortie results in you being shot down very quickly.

Or we can conclude that in the eternity the Mirage has been in blue flag, its ability to take off very quickly caused no real issues. Considering it can't be 'fixed', why not extend the same option to the FC3 planes.

The M2K still has the advantage in the 530 and rearming, which the FC3 planes still need to wait ages for, but at least they can take off in about the same timeframe.

Still don't see a problem with an interceptor being able to do a faster turnaround then a air-superiority fighter.

But if you want to level the advantages and make everything nice and even. Sure, empty the mirages tank and give the FC3 planes a full one.

Whilst your leveling stuff to be nice and even, also limit the FC3 planes to carrying 2 fox-1 missiles and 2 fox-2 missiles maximum. Since we can conclude that in the eternity the Mirage has been in blue flag, its ability to cary very few missiles caused no real issues.

Considering it can't be 'fixed', why not extend the same option to the FC3 planes.

The FC3 aircraft doesn't have a 'startup sequence'. You switch on power, left engine, right engine and off you go. The M2000, like all other full modules, require you to remember the full sequence of a few dozen things to make it go.
:thumbup:

Apart form F-15 can shot 8 Amrams on one target and get almost 100% kill, everything else is ok ;)

Gigabyte Z390 Gaming X | i7 9700K@5.0GHz | Asus TUF OC RTX 4090 | 32GB DDR4@3200MHz | HP Reverb G2 | TrackIR 5 | TM Warthog HOTAS | MFG Croswinds

Still don't see a problem with an interceptor being able to do a faster turnaround then a air-superiority fighter.

But if you want to level the advantages and make everything nice and even. Sure, empty the mirages tank and give the FC3 planes a full one.

Whilst your leveling stuff to be nice and even, also limit the FC3 planes to carrying 2 fox-1 missiles and 2 fox-2 missiles maximum. Since we can conclude that in the eternity the Mirage has been in blue flag, its ability to cary very few missiles caused no real issues.

Considering it can't be 'fixed', why not extend the same option to the FC3 planes.

530 is still superior to AIM7. Also the M2K has plenty of edges over the FC3 planes, the fuel issue does not need to be stacked on top of this.

The FC3 aircraft doesn't have a 'startup sequence'. You switch on power, left engine, right engine and off you go. The M2000, like all other full modules, require you to remember the full sequence of a few dozen things to make it go. The refueling of the FC3 aircraft is a way to meta-simulate this, AFAIK. IMO the auto-start should be disabled. I never use it but I know some people do. It really shouldn't bother you to be able to be airborne quickly, its a very small part of your sortie time, unless your standard sortie results in you being shot down very quickly.

Right, that's why I advocated for 70% of fuel to make the start up times about similar. This should actually nerf the FC3 ability to do instant vertical take off that the 27 can do with 20% fuel and 15 with fuel tanks only.

It doesn't bother me that you can be airborne quick, it bothers me that the FC3 planes need to sit and snore for 7 some minutes for no reason. While there is no real gameplay or balance reason for it.

That will then allow you to save time at refuelling by taking a new plane.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So you'd have about the same time it would take as the M2K for refuel/rearm?

Refuelling is mostly relevant for forward captured airfields anyway, where you can't respawn even if you wanted to.

The whole refueling-thing was introduced to prevent fighter-spam and make the players value their airframe. I was perfectly fine with it: Knowing that after being shot down you have to wait some time before you can take off again makes you fly less suicidal.

Unfortunately in the current setup this results in a Mirage-spam. Seems like most of the time both teams just field M2Ks as fighters. It can take off quickly, can outrun most (all?) other planes and has the best BVR missile… so yeah, of course everyone flies the Mirage.

Maybe the whole refueling system should be dropped and changed to something else:

Let all planes spawn with full fuel tank but force everyone to sit out in spectator slot for 5-10 minutes after dying in a modern Fighter. No idea if it would reduce the M2K-spam but at least everybody is punished in the same way after being shot down…

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

One solution would be to limit airframes. Each player still gets their 4 lives but there's a total per base too, which gets replenished at some rate (one airframe per slot per hour?)

Easiest short term solution is to make the Mirage refuel too. It does refuel quicker though, because it has a small tank.