Operation "Blue Flag" - 24/7 PvP Campaign - ROUND 9

gregzagk

Bug report for the stats:

For example =RvE=Windmills got 9 airkills, also according to kill log, but for some reason only 3 of them are counted as airkills, the rest is ground kills.

Also null as a result for K/D if a player hasnt died yet.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

*unexpected flight behaviour* Oh shiii*** ! What ? Why ? What is happening ?

Bug report for the stats:

For example =RvE=Windmills got 9 airkills, also according to kill log, but for some reason only 3 of them are counted as airkills, the rest is ground kills.

Also null as a result for K/D if a player hasnt died yet.

I can also confirm this, if you need a track, i have a 35 min track with an engagement at the ~30 mark with 2 kills. one was counted air one was counted ground. one kill was S530 one was Magic. The Su-27 remained in cockpit until uncontrolled flight into terrain. This maybe the cause, because technically he was destroyed on the ground? Also, Dino Might, how could you do a damaged bird like that? heartless...

The Viggen start at Ambrolauri is a bit forward of the area where rearm can be preformed. Might be easier to move the "crew" vehicle to the east somewhere between 50-100 meters... its probably easier to pull up to the truck rather than reverse to it. However, knee-board rearm is working!

Just out of curiosity. What is the reason for locking someone to a side?

The top two I can think of is you're supposed to pick a side and that's how the round is played. The other would be to stop people from flipping to see what the other is up to and flipping back.

If locking isn't for the first reason I listed couldn't the team locks be time based like a number of hours after you join a side they reset automatically?

Join blue and 3 hrs later it's auto reset allowing a player to play red. Or if you type a msg in chat it locks you out from all teams for 30 mins and then resets your side.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just out of curiosity. What is the reason for locking someone to a side?

The top two I can think of is you're supposed to pick a side and that's how the round is played. The other would be to stop people from flipping to see what the other is up to and flipping back.

If locking isn't for the first reason I listed couldn't the team locks be time based like a number of hours after you join a side they reset automatically?

Join blue and 3 hrs later it's auto reset allowing a player to play red. Or if you type a msg in chat it locks you out from all teams for 30 mins and then resets your side.

Any of that would be better than what we have now, it's just not working because the numbers fluctuate so much depending on time of day. You can't seem to draw any kind of conclusions from the total numbers, which are actually fairly balanced.

I would hate for people to switch sides every 3 hours when the round actually gets going. There is an element of camaradie and achievement when you capture or defend an airbase with people you get to know over the 2 weeks of a round. By now I know most of the veteran Red pilots.

This has been diluted somewhat since the testing phase has been ongoing for so long but im sure it will still be there when round 10 actually starts.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

64th "Scorpions" Aggressor Squadron

Discord: 64th Aggressor Squadron

TS: 195.201.110.22

I would hate for people to switch sides every 3 hours when the round actually gets going. There is an element of camaradie and achievement when you capture or defend an airbase with people you get to know over the 2 weeks of a round. By now I know most of the veteran Red pilots.

This has been diluted somewhat since the testing phase has been ongoing for so long but im sure it will still be there when round 10 actually starts.

Why would people switch sides every 3 hours? And there is not much achievement in rolling up base after base because it's 30 to 5.

Why do you nerds always lock onto something and not the idea.

FFS who cares about how many hours it is I had to put some number.

It's nice of you to want camaraderie but at what cost and is it realistically possible? How do you balance sides, enjoyment for the users, and the point of the server in a plausible fashion.

If people cant switch sides like I suggested then I wish the sever would just start disallowing people to join when a side has a 5+ people advantage. That would suck wouldn't it? But the camaraderie!

Blue flag is about team achievement. There is no team if players can just hop sides every time they feel like it. There are other servers that cater for that.

Its fine during the testing phase, but once the round actually starts, Teams need to be locked down.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

64th "Scorpions" Aggressor Squadron

Discord: 64th Aggressor Squadron

TS: 195.201.110.22

Distances- are set too far for any flights. Especially choppers or CAS. Who will fly 300km to the zone and then got shot and anything brought is going to disappear in 20min? Units brought needs to stay. That's the real deal. Even if server needs to stay awake for months or deployed units needs to be saved by type/coordinates in file on restart. In this case nothing will be conquered anytime soon, booth sides. It's too hard and there's not enough hard core players to do that.

Team switching - I think that number of registered users have set that right and core of this game is sense of companionship, team power. That's what is the best in BF. Teamwork. Don't screw that.

Thumbs up. Keep working. More airframes wee need. ;)

Distances- are set too far for any flights. Especially choppers or CAS. Who will fly 300km to the zone and then got shot and anything brought is going to disappear in 20min? Units brought needs to stay. That's the real deal. Even if server needs to stay awake for months or deployed units needs to be saved by type/coordinates in file on restart. In this case nothing will be conquered anytime soon, booth sides. It's too hard and there's not enough hard core players to do that.

Team switching - I think that number of registered users have set that right and core of this game is sense of companionship, team power. That's what is the best in BF. Teamwork. Don't screw that.

Most of the slots haven't been enabled yet. There is only a small number of bases active at the moment, so you'll need to find closish targets for now ;-)

The whole Caucasus map is too small for proper air warfare, you can be lucky that helos even have a role to play because of the lack of a ground war.

Edited by levanoga

Ok. Sochi captured for test. No rearm/refuel tools for choppers there since base is 0% on capture event. Base is north some 50ish km or less but no slots yet. I noticed that mirages booth have same skins. Hard to distinguish FoF visually. That shoud be fixed.

Can you guys (on T-10min game save) export file with unit type and coordinates and then restore that deployed ground units back on server after restart? Wipe the dead ones and SAM limit is set anyway so there wont be much units to restore. It would be so much fun that way.

Recommend Mirages come out of fighter lives and not interceptor lives (interceptors are MiG21 and F5 last I looked). The M2k is probably the most capable fighter, and it should start unfueled and require alignment. It should be limited in the pool of the fighters with a total of 3 or 4 lives, because 1 M2k easily equals 1 F-15, and is even better than 1 Su-27.

And "MiG-28" skin F5s on red side, please!

I would actually like to see many more MiG-21 and F-5 slots so that F-15s, Su-27s, and M2ks are less common - keep them flying from the far bases, but don't give too many slots to any base. Limit each base to 3 or 4 of each and that's it. Each blue base should have more F-5 slots than F-15/M2k slots. Each red base should have more MiG-21/F-5 slots than Su-27/M2k slots.

Recommend Mirages come out of fighter lives and not interceptor lives (interceptors are MiG21 and F5 last I looked). The M2k is probably the most capable fighter, and it should start unfueled and require alignment. It should be limited in the pool of the fighters with a total of 3 or 4 lives, because 1 M2k easily equals 1 F-15, and is even better than 1 Su-27.

And "MiG-28" skin F5s on red side, please!

I would actually like to see many more MiG-21 and F-5 slots so that F-15s, Su-27s, and M2ks are less common - keep them flying from the far bases, but don't give too many slots to any base. Limit each base to 3 or 4 of each and that's it. Each blue base should have more F-5 slots than F-15/M2k slots. Each red base should have more MiG-21/F-5 slots than Su-27/M2k slots.

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

#I've been dreaming about an unlicensed version of the MIG-31...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Changing the majority of aircraft to MiG21 and F5 wouldn't promote a healthy population imo. I have neither and have no interest in flying either.

Mirage is too common though and should be considered as a standard fighter...there is no true "interceptor" role in blue flag. Naming a group that is a bit of a misnomer.