Operation "Blue Flag" - 24/7 PvP Campaign - ROUND 9

gregzagk

I think the skins need looking at, they used to be separated by sides, now I think they've become forgotten. For example Mirage and Viggen have same skins for Red and Blue as far as I can tell.

well, if that is the case, definitely

'Shadow'

Everybody gotta be offended and take it personally now-a-days

RED nailed it on the head.

you check his markings

i want your eys or you screen or whatever....

how people can ID planes by skin is a mystery for me unless one is red and one white(maybe)...

all i can see is a sign "if you are this close you are in trouble"

'controlling' the Ka50 feels like a discussion with the Autopilot and trim system about the flight direction.

RED nailed it on the head.

i want your eys or you screen or whatever....

how people can ID planes by skin is a mystery for me unless one is red and one white(maybe)...

all i can see is a sign "if you are this close you are in trouble"

If you don't have a radar suitable for identifying threats then you really should be using gci, getting cap, a buddy or staying away from threats. Harriers, A10s and Su25s etc. are not A2A platforms. If you visually spot an aircraft within your vicinity that you can't determine then you treat it as hostile and have to decide whether to run for cover or get in close to visual id aircraft colour in this instance. Mirages were brown or blue and this should be brought back, it's not easy but still possible, this is the gauntlet you choose when you enter the combat area without CAP, GCI or even a buddy.

DCS is made easy to spot contacts from ridiculous ranges allowing non radar aircraft to home in on the contact until you can recognise the type of aircraft, this in my opinion is utter bollocks but is how so many Harrier, F5, MiG21, Viggen, A10 and Su25 pilots get their kills.

"[51☭] FROSTIE" #55

51st PVO "BISONS"

Fastest MiG pilot in the world - TCR'10

https://100kiap.org

Web gadget appears to be not available: 500 internal server error

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Is datalink working for Ka-50 on the server?

It should be as it is not dependent on server options?

It definitely worked some month ago. Haven't used it lately.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

Tornado3 small.jpg

I would like to propose to make the targets visible on F-10 map. Not necessarily all units but just a "flag" (command vehicle) indicating location and ownership of the target - a system similar to the dynamic Caucasus server.

The rationale is that the targets and status are well known through the online map. Pilots flying planes like A-10C, Mirage or any other with navigation system don't really care. Others have to find the target on the map in order to plan the route - for instance just to see the heading and range to use the TACAN. Having to find the location on F-10 map by moving mouse cursor to a specific lat/long is just a frustrating formality and a waste of time.

User labels help to some extend but in many occasions there are the self righteousness simmers that feel a huge urge to delete them. It's not cheating - today I had marked a target to use the ruler to get the range and a bearing to setup TACAN in F-5. Before I got the ruler someone has deleted the comment marking target position.

However, to make it more realistic the own position should be disabled from F-10 map.

F/A-18, F-16, F-14, M-2000C, A-10C, AV-8B, AJS-37 Viggen, F-5E-3, F-86F, MiG-21bis, MiG-15bis, L-39 Albatros, C-101 Aviojet, P-51D, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Bf 109 4-K, UH-1H, Mi-8, Ka-50, NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf... and not enough time to fully enjoy it all

Today we had around 50 players on the server for a long time, it seems stable and we are going to add more and more features slowly to make sure we don't kill stabilization.

We need to do some tweaking to the mission file, that's for sure.

Hopefully we can do it during new years whenever there's some time and allow all of you to enjoy it.

Today we had around 50 players on the server for a long time, it seems stable and we are going to add more and more features slowly to make sure we don't kill stabilization.

We need to do some tweaking to the mission file, that's for sure.

Hopefully we can do it during new years whenever there's some time and allow all of you to enjoy it.

That's great to hear! What features do you have in mind?

Tornado3 small.jpg

I have seen some bad Lag the last two days, not just on BF but another server as well. Rubber banding aircraft, and the amount of folks on the server was not that many, last night it was about 10 and this evening it was a little over 20. I checked my connection right after and it was going full speed so I dont think it was on my end.

Just an FYI

JD

AKA_MattE

We just had a flight of two, most of the time it was great, we didn’t feel anything. But we had A-10 warping when he was engaged, F-15 dissapeared after splash so we couldn’t confirm kill for a few moments, and we allmost warped into eachother while standing still on sochi lined up.

I didn’t count players but im guessing there was max 20-30.

We are very happy that mission is back online. Its just not soo smooth as we remember with server at half capacity of players.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

These are important feedback!

Can anyone give any feedback from yesterday when the server was full?

And we need to understand what is LAG, it's when all players rubber band at the same time, not just one which could indicate a problem specifically.

This can mainly be seen by whoever does MAGIC etc...

I did not experience much warping yesterday when the server was full, but I can confirm the crazy warping two days ago, before the reset, when just a few players were online. I was sitting on the ground in Anapa, starting my jet, when I was watching other players warping wildly on the airbase while taxiing and taking off/landing.

Tornado3 small.jpg

BTW, when flying the A-10 and switching the TGP to either FLIR, I get a massive stuter. I flew on the 104th yesterday, and had no such issues, tho the mission was trough the night time. Maybe I just have to adjust my settings

'Shadow'

Everybody gotta be offended and take it personally now-a-days

Ok, now from about 30 min before restart till restart - im getting 10 fps, its unplayable and there is no “return life” in comms menu, also last message for restart is when it was 20 min till restart.

There was about 25 players online, I’ve asked if others are experiencing this, but noone answered.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Guys, I can't see server in list... but site is normally working... what's happen?

Су-27 Flanker | Су-30 Flanker-C | Су-33 Flanker-D | Су-34 Fullback | Су-24 Fencer | МиГ-29 Fulcrum | F-14A/B/D Tomcat | F/A-18C/D Hornet | F/A-18E/F Super Hornet | F-16C Fighting Falcon | F-15C Eagle | Eurofighter Typhoon | Tornado IDS | JAS-39 Gripen | AJ/JA(S)-37 Viggen | Rafale | M-2000 Mirage | Mirage F1

Ka-52 Hokum | Mi-28N Havoc | Mi-35M Hind | Mi-24P Hind | AH-64D Apache | AH-1W SuperCobra

Guys, I can't see server in list... but site is normally working... what's happen?

Nope, the site is showing mission time 2:40:00 for good 30 minutes. The server is half dead. You can't see it in server list, but the people who joined the server beforehand can still fly there, but just don't see anyone else moving.

Server restarted - instead of crashing it hung, which means it didnt get restarted automatically

Should be back up shortly :)

Server IP is 91.205.184.66:10308 and at the bottom of the http://gadget.buddyspike.net/ if it doesnt appear in the server list

Edited by Ciribob

Scripts: Complete Transport And Logistics Deployment - CTLD / CTLD Examples - Lots of example of how to use CTLD

CSAR Script - Downed Pilot Rescue / Dedicated Server Script - Automatically launch DCS Multiplayer server at startup

Range Scoring Script - Get scores and counts hits on targets for gunnery or bombs / SimpleSlotBlock - Multiplayer dynamic Slot Blocking Script

Projects: DCS-SimpleRadio Standalone - DCS Radio Integration for All Aircraft - NO TeamSpeak Required! :)

DCS-SimpleRadio Troubleshooting Post / DCS-SimpleRadio Free Support Channel on Discord

Heres the example of the warping aircraft happening on the server atm:

Played today shortly after midnight CEST, around 40 players on server.

Do you have your network config properly setup (autoexec.cfg)?

Do you play on a wireless or wired connection?

Do you have a good ping to the server?

Did you sacrifice 10 cats to the LAG god?

If you or the player that destroyed you didn't do any of the above things it is up to the LAG god to decide who wins. Sadly with 40 players it cannot be avoided as the DCS netcode is just a mess.

Edited by levanoga