Operation "Blue Flag" - 24/7 PvP Campaign - ROUND 9

gregzagk

Su-27/33 + MiG-29 + Su-25T + Ka-50 +Mi-8 is on par with Mirage + F-15C + Harrier (low key trash) + A-10C + Huey/Gazelle

In a SARH environment all of these planes can carry the same missions and it comes down to the skill of the pilots and the guys on Red tend to be more skillful than the guys on Blue (especially those harrier guys)

In some aspect the aircraft on Red are even more capable.

I have been flying on Blue Flag since I think Round 5. I don't think it is a matter of the Red guys being more skillful pilots, I think it is more of an issue of the Red team tends to organize better to perform the tasks at hand. I have always played on Blue, and have been flying on the server with 20 or more folks on Blue side, all on simple radio (or most) according to the web map, and not one person is saying a thing. Many times there is no GCI on blue, and everyone is just out doing their own thing and refuse to communicate. While Red team typically seems to be much more coordinated...which is why they tend to appear to be more skilled. The current map is a perfect example, a loaded Blue team, but no movement capturing anything Red.

I also think this is the issue with most of the Harrier pilots, it is not that the plane is not useful, I fly it a lot and can do quite well. It comes down to a Harrier pilot flying off by himself, with no CAP and then they getting taken out by a fighter as an easy target. Communication is a huge key to being successful in Blue Flag, and many times, for what ever reason, the Blue side does not have it. Now I know that when an actual round is going that tends to be different, but day to day it seems to be true.

Just my two cents

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Huh, I have the a theory about this which I had developed long time ago about the alliance and the horde. Pretty similar if you think about it, but I won't go into it, as some people might get offended (and it will probably be the people who shouldn't be offended)

'Shadow'

Everybody gotta be offended and take it personally now-a-days

Guys I think that now we have to wait till 2.5RV get released.

I am also not logging in so much atm because of the bugs...

About the mirage, let's see if it's fine like this, or if we don't get enough players to the red side. If it goes wrong, we can put it in both coalition (with very different skins at least) till f18 comes out...

For the rest of the separations for me is +10000

SILVER 11 | Dedde

DCS MODULES: A-10C; F-15C ; M2000C; AV-8B N/A; F/A-18C; SA342; CA.

Asus PRIME Z490-P Intel Core i7 10700K @4.9 GHzNvidia GeForce GTX1070 8GbCorsair Vengeance LPX Black 32Gb (2x16Gb) DDR4 @3200MHzSamsung 850 EVO 256GbSamsung 24" 1920x1080 @60HzTrackIr 5; Hotas Warthog; Thrustmaster TFRP; Turtle Beach PX22;

Please fix Harrier , FARPs don`t have weapons and the radio frequencies and not good for SRS there

IAF.Tomer

My Rig:

Core i7 6700K + Corsair Hydro H100i GTX

Gigabyte Z170X Gaming 7,G.Skill 32GB DDR4 3000Mhz

Gigabyte GTX 980 OC

Samsung 840EVO 250GB + 3xCrucial 275GB in RAID 0 (1500 MB/s)

Asus MG279Q | TM Warthog + Saitek Combat Pedals + TrackIR 5

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I'm flying in Blue Flag pretty much since round one in 2015 and participated in most of the real rounds since then (including Case Blue). The balance discussion has been there from the beginning of Blue Flag and keeps running in circles since than. I've seen all kind of setups and situations, both regarding player distribution as well as aircraft distribution and what I learned from that is that the outcome is decided by player actions and cooperation more than anything, regardless of the numbers and airframes available.

You've saved me some writings! Exactly my thoughts and exactly my experience with BlueFlag.

+1

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Cold War 1947 - 1991                                       Discord
Helicopters Tournaments
Combined Arms Tournaments

You can help me with keeping up the server via PayPal donations: hokumyounis@yahoo.com

I found if you jump it onto the actual pads you can rearm

Problem is once you do this a vertical takeoff gets.... risky

For the harriers, thats the idea, you need to move to the farp to rearm.

Unfortunately there is no other way to do it at a roadbase as the harrier doesn't have the same system as the viggen.

Fixed the radio frequencies last night so they should be fine now.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Scripts: Complete Transport And Logistics Deployment - CTLD / CTLD Examples - Lots of example of how to use CTLD

CSAR Script - Downed Pilot Rescue / Dedicated Server Script - Automatically launch DCS Multiplayer server at startup

Range Scoring Script - Get scores and counts hits on targets for gunnery or bombs / SimpleSlotBlock - Multiplayer dynamic Slot Blocking Script

Projects: DCS-SimpleRadio Standalone - DCS Radio Integration for All Aircraft - NO TeamSpeak Required! :)

DCS-SimpleRadio Troubleshooting Post / DCS-SimpleRadio Free Support Channel on Discord

We've been talking among ourselves about good ways to allow RED to make up for the number imbalance but keep the 100% asymmetric airframes.

Some ideas:

* Allow reds to deploy SA-10 and SA-15 (maybe 4 crates and 2 crates)

* Move M2000 to red

* Reactivate Datalink (if it doesn't cause lag)

* ERs / ETs

* More lives

My personal vote is for SA-10 / SA-15 and maybe more lives. This will allow RED to construct a powerful safety umbrella under which to use the SU25 and KA50 for attack. Blue will then have to coordinate for SEAD because they lack a long range missile for the task. Could make for an interesting scenario. It also enables two different play styles for the two teams without breaking the asymmetry.

DcS is still broken ito invisible units so the registration numbers may not reflect typical numbers.

+100500:thumbup:

We've been talking among ourselves about good ways to allow RED to make up for the number imbalance but keep the 100% asymmetric airframes.

Some ideas:

* Allow reds to deploy SA-10 and SA-15 (maybe 4 crates and 2 crates)

* Move M2000 to red

* Reactivate Datalink (if it doesn't cause lag)

* ERs / ETs

* More lives

My personal vote is for SA-10 / SA-15 and maybe more lives. This will allow RED to construct a powerful safety umbrella under which to use the SU25 and KA50 for attack. Blue will then have to coordinate for SEAD because they lack a long range missile for the task. Could make for an interesting scenario. It also enables two different play styles for the two teams without breaking the asymmetry.

DcS is still broken ito invisible units so the registration numbers may not reflect typical numbers.

I vote for reactivate datalink, dont care for anything else, sorry.

+100500

★ВАРЯГ★

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Server is updated to the latest 2.5 hotfix 2 update.

This should eliminate the crashes that have been happening, but still not eliminate the issues with static units spawning invisible, hopefully that will be resolved in next patches by ED.

Please give us some feedback on stability and Lag.

Update -

We have optimized the server performance and we are getting good and stable 40 players so far.

Notice that there are still server crashes due to a bug we have already reported to ED, so when flying in the server currently, you can expect the server to crash unexpectedly until ED fixes this bug.

For the harriers, thats the idea, you need to move to the farp to rearm.

Unfortunately there is no other way to do it at a roadbase as the harrier doesn't have the same system as the viggen.

Fixed the radio frequencies last night so they should be fine now.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Can you reduce the fuel for the Harriers on the road ? at the moment they are too heavy for vertical take off and its really time consuming and risky to move from road to the map if we cant even hover

IAF.Tomer

My Rig:

Core i7 6700K + Corsair Hydro H100i GTX

Gigabyte Z170X Gaming 7,G.Skill 32GB DDR4 3000Mhz

Gigabyte GTX 980 OC

Samsung 840EVO 250GB + 3xCrucial 275GB in RAID 0 (1500 MB/s)

Asus MG279Q | TM Warthog + Saitek Combat Pedals + TrackIR 5

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Two sorties from Tblisi today in an A-10C. Fly all the way up to Beslan area, peek over the mountains, get target in TGP, and....game freeze / server crash.

This has been happening for days. Server seems good for about 30 minutes, then it's a crapshoot. I suspect it's just 2.5 woes, but I am starting to not want to fly this anymore because it's just a spool up, take off, and fence in simulator at this point.

[...]Fly all the way up to Beslan area, peek over the mountains, get target in TGP, and....game freeze / server crash[...]

This happens to me since the 2.5 was released. Now I'm avoiding MP and hope for the fix.

Bullseye-Training

Hardware: TrackIR5 | Buddy-Fox UFC | TM Warthog | Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals | i7-4790k | GTX 980 | 32GB RAM

Modules: F/A-18C | A-10C | M-2000C | F-5 Tiger II | UH-1H

Update -

Crashing has been mostly fixed, it was identified to be related to units dispersing after being attacked. Ciribob updated some of the scripts to make sure this option will be disabled.

We are hoping this issue and the invisible fortification and static objects spawning will be resolved with next patches by ED.

Currently we are proceeding with stabilizing the server and stress testing.

We will run further stress tests during this week to finalize the stability, please let us know if you encounter any performance or lag issues specifically in our server.

Got something to investigate.

Server crashes I have seen have been when attacking Algir samsite. Has an invisible SA-3. Just now saw the launched missile fly through one of the hills I was ducking behind.

In most recent experience, server did not crash, but screen froze for a good 20 seconds. Miraculously, I was still flying and had nose up attitude, even though freeze was near when I was diving. I was the only one on the server, flying a Harrier around the samsite.

The last two days, i tried to capture FARPs by transporting troops with a huey.

Two times, one on ONI and one on UCKULAN, i successfully reached the farp and deployed the troops.

However, the FARP was not captured.

Both times F10 PAK report showed the farps as CLOSED and DEFENDERS ALIVE.

The frustrating thing is, that no defenders were visible. My AI gunners, the deployed troops and friendly A10s overhead didnt see a single hostile unit.

One time (ONI) it turned out that a group of hostile infantry was camping in the mountains several hundred meters away. No idea what the reason was the other time.

Is this intended behaviour?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]