Operation "Blue Flag" - 24/7 PvP Campaign - ROUND 9

gregzagk

I think the other issue is that the airfield frequencies are not common across all the aircraft types, which degrades its usefulness as a coordination tool.

Another vote in support of fewer night missions, at this time while we are testing the open beta. I think we still have some invisible/malfunctioning units--Apsheronsk, I am looking at you.

Edited by Peaches

Often fields have two frequencies - likely scenario is two pilots landing one on VHF, other on UHF and they both collide.

For now it makes it easier and more likely you'll hear a another pilots call so not going to change.

Hey guys has anyone ever thought of making the rule so that you announce takeoffs and landings on the actual tower frequency, which is different for each airfield, found on the F10 map?

I just find it'd be more realistic we tuned into XXX.XXX freq for one airfield and YYY.YYY freq for a different one, instead of one frequency for all airfields in the Caucasus region which is a bit unrealistic imo

I think the other issue is that the airfield frequencies are not common across all the aircraft types, which degrades its usefulness as a coordination tool.

Another vote in support of fewer night missions, at this time while we are testing the open beta. I think we still have some invisible/malfunctioning units--Apsheronsk, I am looking at you.

See my response to the same question a few weeks ago :)

Night time should be relatively rare due to the weightings but I'll see if I can nudge it towards evening into night as opposed to pitch black.

How are the seasons working out? I've only managed to see summer and winter but seems to be working well.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Scripts: Complete Transport And Logistics Deployment - CTLD / CTLD Examples - Lots of example of how to use CTLD

CSAR Script - Downed Pilot Rescue / Dedicated Server Script - Automatically launch DCS Multiplayer server at startup

Range Scoring Script - Get scores and counts hits on targets for gunnery or bombs / SimpleSlotBlock - Multiplayer dynamic Slot Blocking Script

Projects: DCS-SimpleRadio Standalone - DCS Radio Integration for All Aircraft - NO TeamSpeak Required! :)

DCS-SimpleRadio Troubleshooting Post / DCS-SimpleRadio Free Support Channel on Discord

Love this idea, but it'll never happen. It's obviously for safety in real life, but in sim world "ain't no body got time fo dat". I've been a Harrier pilot of late and I land any, and everywhere.

Also, it unenforceable.

How about script to explode aircraft on touchdown or take-off if they're not on required frequencies? (kidding, but would be fun)

Often fields have two frequencies - likely scenario is two pilots landing one on VHF, other on UHF and they both collide.

For now it makes it easier and more likely you'll hear a another pilots call so not going to change.

Let us all put pressure on ED to create proper ATC AI behavior... more than ppl already put in the past...

My DCS modding videos:

Modules I own so far:

Black Shark 2, FC3, UH-1H, M-2000C, A-10C, MiG-21, Gazelle, Nevada map

Changes to Random Time

Time is now randomly set to sunrise (horizon) to 1 hour before sunset (horizon - not civil) for the correct month picked by the script - for sea level at a point in Georgia

What this means is it should never be completely pitch black - just dawn or dusk at most. Obviously depending on the month picked - the range of time will be less or more :)

The random month means you'll still get random seasons at each restart

Scripts: Complete Transport And Logistics Deployment - CTLD / CTLD Examples - Lots of example of how to use CTLD

CSAR Script - Downed Pilot Rescue / Dedicated Server Script - Automatically launch DCS Multiplayer server at startup

Range Scoring Script - Get scores and counts hits on targets for gunnery or bombs / SimpleSlotBlock - Multiplayer dynamic Slot Blocking Script

Projects: DCS-SimpleRadio Standalone - DCS Radio Integration for All Aircraft - NO TeamSpeak Required! :)

DCS-SimpleRadio Troubleshooting Post / DCS-SimpleRadio Free Support Channel on Discord

Something's gotta give.

Logged on two more times today, still night. Last logon about 10 minutes ago, it was after sunset, going into night. Red does not have enough assets with NVG capability, or maybe I'm just a dolt and can't find it.

Su-25T is useless at night, even with Mercury LLTV (2.5 lighting in cockpit makes it nearly impossible to use, and it's the only thing you can fly by, head down the whole time).

Ka-50s at Urup FARP are too far from rearm station to swap out HMD to NVGs, so you can't take off and safely get over to the rearming station, so Ka-50s are useless at certain FARPs.

M2000C can be used, but no NVGs. Just gotta fly by instruments and HUD.

The only aircraft I can fly at night on Red side is the Mi-8, and sometimes you just want to do something else (especially when it's you vs. multiple F-15s all the live long day).

Is there some lighting fix I can have so that cockpit switches can be seen and maybe, just maybe, I can get some NVGs to see where the heck I am going? I wouldn't mind it so much except that it has been night time every single time I've logged on in the past four days. My RNG luck just sucks, I guess, but it's not very playable at night given the issues.

Dino, turn off Deferred Shading, the landscape does not look as good but the night looks better.

JD

AKA_MattE

+1 to this. The harrier is very hard to fly at night with deferred on. When i see it's a night mission, i just back out and turn it off, then come back in.

Please screenshot the briefing if it's dark - I need to know the month and exact time that was picked.

It may be that dcs sunrise and sunset times don't match up with real world - but I need that info to solve it so I can add an offset.

As I said - it shouldn't be completely dark, if so, that's a bug so please give the info so I can solve it :)

Edited by Ciribob

Please screenshot the briefing if it's dark - I need to know the month and exact time that was picked.

It may be that dcs sunrise and sunset times don't match up with real world - but I need that info to solve it so I can add an offset.

As I said - it shouldn't be completely dark, if so, that's a bug so please give the info so I can solve it :)

Will do. Thanks for the responsiveness. I suspect MattE is right in that I'll just have to play with deferred shading off. Even just after sunset makes it way too dark. Will post screenshots as I get them this week.

I think it's a very good idea to play with alternating day and night. it's much more realistic like that. Yesterday we made a conquest of farp with three helicopters at night and it was a great moment! Thanks for the work done.

One last question, do you know when the updated sop will be released?

Thanks again for this server which is my favorite.

Hi,

loving the seasons and time changes so far, great fun in the harrier especially at night!

I noticed you changed the layout of farps to just helipads. This sadly is a huge problem for harrier pilots. Even though we have default loadouts now, we can't short takeoff from roads like at ambrolauri farp because there are light posts and powerlines in the way. And what if we want to change our loadout?

Now you what do you do? Vertical takeoff to hover over to the helipad? You are too heavy because of the default weapons, which you can not jettison on the ground. Dumping fuel works, but even if you make it over to helipad with a severely overwheight (2000 pounds over max hover weight) harrier, what do you do then?

To be able to take off from that helipad again you would have to use an extremely light loadout to stay below 20700 pound, which is the max hover weight. The airframe alone weights 14000 pound, add to that fuel, water, weapons and sensors and you can imagine that you can not take a lot. This is why in real life harriers almost always do a short takeoff. A loadout light enough for vertical takeoff is just too light to do damage.

So to be able to have effective harrier ops you need to provide enough room for a short takeoff. Like, for example, a farp!

See, with the old farp layout it was way way easier: You could just start up on the road, dump some fuel to get below 20700 pounds and hover over to the farp. There you would rearm and refuel. For me that often would mean 2 sidewinders/sidearms, 2 agm-65, 2 rocket pods, a jammer/lightning pod and a gun pod (Depending on the mission).

Then you could just do a short takeoff off of the farp, like you would off the deck of the tawara. The advantage is obvious: You had your own loadout, enough fuel and did NOT have to stop at an airbase which just defeats the harriers purpose of being a close to the frontline cas aircraft.

Now I am proposing to still use full farps at farps with harriers at them until we have a on-the-road refuel and rearm system provided by razbam.

As always, thank you very much for your hard work, I'm just nitpicking ;)

Hi,

loving the seasons and time changes so far, great fun in the harrier especially at night!

I noticed you changed the layout of farps to just helipads. This sadly is a huge problem for harrier pilots. Even though we have default loadouts now, we can't short takeoff from roads like at ambrolauri farp because there are light posts and powerlines in the way. And what if we want to change our loadout?

Now you what do you do? Vertical takeoff to hover over to the helipad? You are too heavy because of the default weapons, which you can not jettison on the ground. Dumping fuel works, but even if you make it over to helipad with a severely overwheight (2000 pounds over max hover weight) harrier, what do you do then?

To be able to take off from that helipad again you would have to use an extremely light loadout to stay below 20700 pound, which is the max hover weight. The airframe alone weights 14000 pound, add to that fuel, water, weapons and sensors and you can imagine that you can not take a lot. This is why in real life harriers almost always do a short takeoff. A loadout light enough for vertical takeoff is just too light to do damage.

So to be able to have effective harrier ops you need to provide enough room for a short takeoff. Like, for example, a farp!

See, with the old farp layout it was way way easier: You could just start up on the road, dump some fuel to get below 20700 pounds and hover over to the farp. There you would rearm and refuel. For me that often would mean 2 sidewinders/sidearms, 2 agm-65, 2 rocket pods, a jammer/lightning pod and a gun pod (Depending on the mission).

Then you could just do a short takeoff off of the farp, like you would off the deck of the tawara. The advantage is obvious: You had your own loadout, enough fuel and did NOT have to stop at an airbase which just defeats the harriers purpose of being a close to the frontline cas aircraft.

Now I am proposing to still use full farps at farps with harriers at them until we have a on-the-road refuel and rearm system provided by razbam.

As always, thank you very much for your hard work, I'm just nitpicking ;)

Have been saying this since the start of the Harrier implementation. It's been a hurdle from the start. "Hey everyone, we added the Harrier, but it's empty, and it's in a cage. Have fun".

How about adding it to forward runways? Example. Beslan typically starts out Red as default, but if it gets captured, make the Harrier available there. The same would go for other bases, once their color changed.

Recommendations:

-use the 4 square FARP until the "Arm via road" works

-put Harriers at least at one default runway on the blue side. (Kutasi, Senaki, or Tblisi)

-Never ever use a road that is flanked on either side by poles.

Have been saying this since the start of the Harrier implementation. It's been a hurdle from the start. "Hey everyone, we added the Harrier, but it's empty, and it's in a cage. Have fun".

How about adding it to forward runways? Example. Beslan typically starts out Red as default, but if it gets captured, make the Harrier available there. The same would go for other bases, once their color changed.

Recommendations:

-put Harriers at least at one default runway on the blue side. (Kutasi, Senaki, or Tblisi)

Holy words, brother!

+1

IndiaFoxtEcho Textures Artist

My DCS liveries on UserFiles page here

Recommendations:

Great suggestions man! +1

If you think we purposely placed harriers on a road with poles.... You under estimate us

They were placed there before they existed.

We're waiting for a bug fix so we can use a trigger to clear the poles.

If not - the bases will be moved but it's not going to be soon as it's not a quick thing to find roads nearby with straight line (for the viggens) and move all the units :)

The single farps will probably be switched back to normal farps so you don't have to hover as high. The advantage is that the units can be placed much closer so there is no risk they'll be out of range.

The harriers that are currently placed should be able to hover and fly over to the farp, I tested a few and with water I could fly over, land and rearm. You can make it up on the roads even with the poles as long as you time it right - but obviously not ideal and will be sorted eventually :)

Edited by Ciribob

The single farps will probably be switched back to normal farps so you don't have to hover as high. The advantage is that the units can be placed much closer so there is no risk they'll be out of range.

That's great, and all we need until we can rearm on the street! Thanks!

Recommendations:

+1

Thanks for all your hard work Ciribob!

JD

AKA_MattE

check your firewall on windows and router.

make sure you have the latest - https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3430583&postcount=6

You can also try to connect by IP - 91.205.184.66:10308

Tried to connect by IP and got "Server Offline" when it clearly is online, by checking the firewall what do you mean?

Thanks

"If the MWS didn't see it, it didn't happen"