Operation "Blue Flag" - 24/7 PvP Campaign - ROUND 9

gregzagk

I dont see how you are even able to contradict yourself in the same sentence.

The Ka-50 has ABRIS, the A-10 has FLIR. Each airframe has advantages and disadvantages, the Ka-50 has the preloaded ABRIS, so what? Its not like you can take out an entire sam site with a single pass with the Ka-50 as you can do on the A-10 if you are capable. What is the point of this if everything has to be the same on red and blue? Is this server sponsored by Karl Marx all of a sudden?

Groucho

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Yeah its unique role is tank busting in low to no airdefence condition.

I dont think it applies TM.

You do know you can take out air defenses without them even realizing, don't you?

(what's TM?)

My DCS modding videos:

Modules I own so far:

Black Shark 2, FC3, UH-1H, M-2000C, A-10C, MiG-21, Gazelle, Nevada map

I dont see how you are even able to contradict yourself in the same sentence.

The Ka-50 has ABRIS, the A-10 has FLIR. Each airframe has advantages and disadvantages, the Ka-50 has the preloaded ABRIS, so what? Its not like you can take out an entire sam site with a single pass with the Ka-50 as you can do on the A-10 if you are capable. What is the point of this if everything has to be the same on red and blue? Is this server sponsored by Karl Marx all of a sudden?

Whatever you tell yourself so you feel better playing like that...

My DCS modding videos:

Modules I own so far:

Whatever you tell yourself so you feel better playing like that...

What? What do you even mean? Tell myself? As if im in denial? No reason to remove the feature. Simple as that.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

What? What do you even mean? Tell myself? As if im in denial?

Yep.

No reason to remove the feature. Simple as that.

If you say so, ok then.

My DCS modding videos:

Modules I own so far:

You expect me to give you arguments why there shouldn't be automatic spotting of enemies in the map...

... I don't even know why I'm still posting about this...

My DCS modding videos:

Modules I own so far:

You expect me to give you arguments why there shouldn't be automatic spotting of enemies in the map...

... I don't even know why I'm still posting about this...

With that logic, then, too, also remove any AWACs support and Forward Observers' abilitiy to see my Ka-50 in valleys and at treetop altitude. No radar is that good unless overhead stationary spotting from space.

Leave the Ka-50 alone! Will definitely lose my Ka-50 participation if site manager(s) do.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The ka50 should not magically know where all enemy units are at spawn. I think everyone agrees on this.

However, it appears there's no way to hide the units from ABRIS and also have the GCI of the same coalition see them. I.e ka50 can see blue stinger, but if I hide the stinger, blue GCI can never see it

It's a bit of a shame but please don't blow it out of porportion as it has been like that for literally years :)

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Scripts: Complete Transport And Logistics Deployment - CTLD / CTLD Examples - Lots of example of how to use CTLD

CSAR Script - Downed Pilot Rescue / Dedicated Server Script - Automatically launch DCS Multiplayer server at startup

Range Scoring Script - Get scores and counts hits on targets for gunnery or bombs / SimpleSlotBlock - Multiplayer dynamic Slot Blocking Script

Projects: DCS-SimpleRadio Standalone - DCS Radio Integration for All Aircraft - NO TeamSpeak Required! :)

DCS-SimpleRadio Troubleshooting Post / DCS-SimpleRadio Free Support Channel on Discord

The ka50 should not magically know where all enemy units are at spawn. I think everyone agrees on this.

However, it appears there's no way to hide the units from ABRIS and also have the GCI of the same coalition see them. I.e ka50 can see blue stinger, but if I hide the stinger, blue GCI can never see it

It's a bit of a shame but please don't blow it out of porportion as it has been like that for literally years :)

For the sake of realism, the Ka-50 would have had someone to RECCE the area before it went in anyways. This is the reason we have data cartridges.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

For the sake of realism, the Ka-50 would have had someone to RECCE the area before it went in anyways. This is the reason we have data cartridges.
Agreed, that's the idea I assumed too. It's the fact every single unit, including deployed in a mountain or a forest is shown across the entire map. That's some amazing recce! :D

As I say though, not a massive deal as it's just a blue dot on a map, doesn't say what it is and it's only updated at spawn afaik. Would be nice to have some options to control it but it works fine as is.

Btw while your here - any idea how we'd diagnose some connectivity issues with the server?

Seems that UDP packets get lost in the return to the client - which is why some can't see the server. Checked with wireshark as I'm now experiencing it too.

With a VPN server is visible.

Without it - my UDP packets reach the server, server replies and then they get lost :(

Few people on different ISPs and in different countries are experiencing it but no idea what can be done, if anything, other than use a VPN.

Scripts: Complete Transport And Logistics Deployment - CTLD / CTLD Examples - Lots of example of how to use CTLD

CSAR Script - Downed Pilot Rescue / Dedicated Server Script - Automatically launch DCS Multiplayer server at startup

Range Scoring Script - Get scores and counts hits on targets for gunnery or bombs / SimpleSlotBlock - Multiplayer dynamic Slot Blocking Script

Projects: DCS-SimpleRadio Standalone - DCS Radio Integration for All Aircraft - NO TeamSpeak Required! :)

DCS-SimpleRadio Troubleshooting Post / DCS-SimpleRadio Free Support Channel on Discord

Promo video contest!

We are working on bringing back to life, the popular official "Blue Flag" rounds!

Let's combine this with a new "Blue Flag" promo video.

You are all invited on taking part to our video-making contest. Please submit your video link on a comment below in this link, before the 31st of May.

We will then pick a winner, who is going to get a F-18C or Persian Gulf Map key!

There are no rules or limits regarding the video material so please feel free to impress us & the community with your creation!

You are free to contact us in case of any questions.

Let's roll!

Buddyspike team

"ARGO" DCS UH-1H DLC SP Campaign

373vFS DCS World squadron (Greece) - www.buddyspike.net

"ARGO 2.0 Project Phoenix" UH-1H DLC Campaign - WIP

With that logic, then, too, also remove any AWACs support and Forward Observers' abilitiy to see my Ka-50 in valleys and at treetop altitude. No radar is that good unless overhead stationary spotting from space.

I agree, please remove that too.

My DCS modding videos:

Modules I own so far:

Yeah, it's a shame, but to be honest I already suspected there was some technical impediment, since all other servers I know also have it this way. All excellent servers, including Blue Flag, wouldn't have it if there wasn't some technical reason like that.

Not my intention to blow it out of proportion, never thought any less of these servers because of that and they are still the best experience I can have in DCS. Specially Blue Flag.

Obviously, I just won't agree with players trying to justify it saying that it's more realistic and fair this way... And if ED ever corrects the technical issue (if they ever), expect me to bug you guys some more...

My DCS modding videos:

Modules I own so far:

You can do RECCE in DCS...

My DCS modding videos:

Modules I own so far:

Currently, at least with the OpenBeta, ED needs to address the negative Metadata shader issues as prority. I can play the Caucasus map, now, but not any of the Nevada or Normandy maps.

I play Blue Flag on my SSD , a copy of the OpenBeta and not (C: ) which is a slower spinning disk hybrid in a raid 0 setup. I suspect, initially, I have to get my C: drive stable with the OpenBeta before copying it to my SSD. That is how I did the Caucasus map.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I also use the http://gadget.buddyspike.net map and mouse swipe to verify if all targets are truly dead before flying back with the Mi-8 .

All I can see is it's health % (if I hover the mouse over it) and available aircraft (if I click on it). Is it the health % that tells you if there are still targets alive?

My DCS modding videos:

Modules I own so far:

Request more F-5 slots for PAK-3 and 4 please, if possible. Now that the frontline is between Maykop and Sochi, the closest slots are at Sukhumi, and nothing else until Maykop is captured. Having them at Sochi would be really nice. :)

Is it possible to have C101EB in blue side and L39 without weapons for use like the TF51 ?

+1. I have to admit that the TF51 is so much out of place.

F/A-18, F-16, F-14, M-2000C, A-10C, AV-8B, AJS-37 Viggen, F-5E-3, F-86F, MiG-21bis, MiG-15bis, L-39 Albatros, C-101 Aviojet, P-51D, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Bf 109 4-K, UH-1H, Mi-8, Ka-50, NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf... and not enough time to fully enjoy it all