Operation "Blue Flag" - 24/7 PvP Campaign - ROUND 9

gregzagk

Seriously you need to stop this campaign of yours.  When you create a second account during free to play week so you can play both sides of a locked sides server, bad things happen.  That doesn't need to be spelled out in rules for people to just "get it".

You'd probably have more luck just apologizing to the server owner than constantly going online and complaining about said server owner and it's rules.

Sometimes, you just have to admit you were wrong.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Xtacy said:

create a second account during free to play week so you can play both sides of a locked sides server

Wrong, only to solely play on my "old" team again, I already explained this to several people, due to a quite frustrating misunderstanding between me and a squadron that I wanted to fly/teamwork with, I was angry that they had suddenly coincidentally stopped flying on that server on that day (first I thought they stopped because they didn't want to fly when I'm flying near them, based on a past experience with some of that squadron) so I wanted to fly my Harrier again. And the "only 1 sideswitch per tour"-rule also contributed to the incident.

You'd probably have more luck just apologizing to the server owner 

Already did via forum PM, already explained exactly what happened to him, he read it on april 8th, he didn't reply... 😒

I wouldn't call it "my campaign", instead it's "I'm fighting for my case and for the rights of all DCS PvP players".

Edited by D4n
DCS Wishlist: 2K11 Krug SA-4 Ganef SAM, VR-TrackIR icons next to player names in score-chart

PvP: 100+ manual player-kills with Stingers on a well known dynamic campaign server - 100+ VTOL FARP landings & 125+ hours AV-8B, F-14 crew, royal dutch airforce F-16C - PvP campaigns since 2013

DCS server-admins: please adhere to a common sense gaming industry policy as most server admins throughout the industry do. (After all there's enough hostility on the internet already which really doesn't help anyone. Thanks.)

Dell Visor VR headset, Ryzen 5 5600 (6C/12T), RTX 2060 - basic DCS-community rule-of-thumb: Don't believe bad things that a PvP pilot claims about another PvP pilot without having analyzed the existing evidence

The rights of all DCS players?  It is a private server with it's own rules.  And apparently I wasn't wrong as you literally did use two accounts.

Let me leave you an example:

If I'm invited to someone's house and they have small children and I swear a lot.  I may be asked to stop (warning), if I continue I may be asked to leave (kicked).  In the future I may be allowed back but if I continue to swear I may never be allowed back (banned).

However, if Im invited to that house and I come out of the bathroom naked, I may be immediately kicked out of the house and told never to come back without a warning.  There is no written rule that I should not walk around naked in that person's house, but sometimes rules don't need to be written.

At the end of the day, it's that person's house.  you walked around naked in the wrong person's house.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Xtacy said:

you literally did use two accounts

I only used the free account after I created it, to fly Harrier again on red team, iirc after the incident I never used my real account anymore (which would've been for flying on blue on that server that the incident occurred on).

Edited by D4n
DCS Wishlist: 2K11 Krug SA-4 Ganef SAM, VR-TrackIR icons next to player names in score-chart

PvP: 100+ manual player-kills with Stingers on a well known dynamic campaign server - 100+ VTOL FARP landings & 125+ hours AV-8B, F-14 crew, royal dutch airforce F-16C - PvP campaigns since 2013

DCS server-admins: please adhere to a common sense gaming industry policy as most server admins throughout the industry do. (After all there's enough hostility on the internet already which really doesn't help anyone. Thanks.)

Dell Visor VR headset, Ryzen 5 5600 (6C/12T), RTX 2060 - basic DCS-community rule-of-thumb: Don't believe bad things that a PvP pilot claims about another PvP pilot without having analyzed the existing evidence

There is a way to switch sides via #side-switch on blue flag discord.  you chose not to use that.  Once again you're never in the wrong.

Just let it go, you got banned, move on elsewhere.  I can assure you publically posting about your ban and how you think its unfair will not help your case with the server owner.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Xtacy said:

It is a private server with it's own rules.

Yeah, and as mentioned before, several players of some squadron didn't adhere to those rules and never were prosecuted for it afaik, at least afaik their behavior only changed from "behaving disrespectful" to "not communicating anymore at all"...

And it remains a fact that BlueFlag is a monopole dynamic PvP server...

You really don't get it do you?

xcom owns the server.  xcom developed the mission.  xcom makes the rules.  If you look at the server list, there are plenty of other servers, all you have to do is click on one of those and try not to get banned.

Simple.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Xtacy said:

There is a way to switch sides via #side-switch on blue flag discord.  you chose not to use that.  Once again you're never in the wrong.

Aaaah good that you mention it, I also wasn't sure whether you knew: I was officially switched from red to blue after my own switch-request... Then that frustrating misunderstanding occured.

Just let it go, you got banned, move on elsewhere.  I can assure you publically posting about your ban and how you think its unfair will not help your case with the server owner.

There's no comparable place (PvP server) to move on to, that's a major point that I keep mentioning...

I wouldn't be so sure about it not going to be "helping".

Edited by D4n

If there is nothing comparable, then you are absolutely free to devote your time and effort to recreate the scenario on your own server where you can make the rules.

You're really not "entitled" to anything from a service provided by others that you do not pay for.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, D4n said:

There's no comparable place (PvP server) to move on to, that's a major point that I keep mentioning...

How to have issue solved:

• Not breaking the rules and getting banned in the first place.
  • Create your own server with own rules and play there
  • Understand this is how it is and go on with your life.

Playing on any server is not a right, its a privilege.
  • Like 4

recreate the scenario on your own server where you can make the rules.

Yeah and then have how many concurrent players in my server, only 5? Or a whopping 10? Lol no thanks...

Playing on any server is not a right, its a privilege.

Wrong, I bought all of my ~600$ worth of modules assuming that every "powerful" DCS server admin has common sense such as mentioned in my post about common gameserver policies on the previous page.

a service provided by others that you do not pay for.

Thats also a thing, I did pay... Quite a few times. (Patreon)

Edited by D4n

Just now, D4n said:

Wrong, I bought all of my ~600$ worth of modules assuming that every "powerful" DCS server admin has common sense as mentioned in my post about common gameserver policies on the previous page.

The modules allow you to play DCS. You can fly all of them in singleplayer, right? 
Nothing about buying modules allows you to play on a specific server. 

If you can find this in the terms and conditions though, please do,

• Like 1

LOL

Donations are not paying.  you're not forced to pay.  There is a difference you need to learn.

Your $600 of modules is to play DCS which you can play single player OR multiplayer on servers you haven't been banned from.

You can pay for a Dedicated server VPS like other server operators, and have many more concurrent users.

You really need to stop believing that server owners who put their time and effort in OWE you anything.  You got banned just deal with it.  The world truly does owe you nothing.  Grow up.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Shady said:

You can fly all of them in singleplayer, right? 

No I honestly can't, I get massive headache from the boredom in singleplayer, so I really can't...

Then ED better ASAP add a notification to all module-pages in the Eshop that multiplayer is "not guaranteed because of possible partially irrational server-admins"

Edited by D4n

1 minute ago, D4n said:

No I honestly can't, I get massive headache from the boredom in singleplayer, so I really can't...

That really, really, really sounds like a you problem.  How is this EDs, server admins or anyone elses fault?

In the end, the only one you have to blame for not being able to play your fav server, is yourself.

• Like 1

believing that server owners who put their time and effort in OWE you anything

And for who do the server owners mainly put their time and effort? Exactly, for players like you and me, xtacy, who want a realistic tactical-comms experience and not for griefers or teamkillers (which none of us are). Point. And some server owners ofc. also enjoy flying on their own server with and vs. others, and some maybe even (sometimes) enjoy all the coding work they do 🙂

Edited by D4n

On 4/24/2021 at 6:26 PM, Shady said:

If you can find this in the terms and conditions though, please do

ED mentions "services", those "services" are most likely what they mean by multiplayer-funcitonality, and specifically it's only stated that "due to your geographic location, the Services or some of their features, services, or content may be unavailable to you."... There's no mentioning at all of "server-owners are free to ban anyone they simply don't like, for whatever reasons that may be"...

How is this EDs, server admins or anyone elses fault?

not anyone's "fault", but partial responsibility; Just note that ED includes the multiplayer-functionality in DCS.exe for a reason...: for customers like you and me to enjoy an interactive tactical-communicative experience with aviation-fans across the world... (and later on ofc. also for real military A-10C pilots to train, but afaik the very first intent of "Su-27 Flanker" multiplayer-functionality in the very very beginning of it all, 1995, was for civilian commercial users to enjoy the product, not to train real military operations of real Su-27-operators, or am I wrong? Maybe russian airforce or any airforce also experimentally "trained" something in Su-27 Flanker multiplayer 😳 😱)

Edited by D4n
edited into statement (from question), because most likely nobody who reads this knows if any airforce used ED Su-27 simulator for anything.

24 minutes ago, D4n said:

not anyone's "fault", but partial responsibility; Just note that ED includes the multiplayer-functionality in DCS.exe for a reason..

And has the multiplayer functionality been removed for you? 

• Like 1

On 4/24/2021 at 8:09 PM, Shady said:

And has the multiplayer functionality been removed for you? 

For my 600$ DCS-account, basically yes... well, it definitely feels like it because of that monopole-thingy mentioned earlier.

xcom developed the mission.

also afaik not entirely correct, parts of the core of the scripts were afaik made by the great Gregzak and Ciribob (and maybe by Morpheus aswell).

Edited by D4n

• ED Team

I am not removing these messages, instead an example is needed.

@D4n, we have already stated we will not enforce, support or back any rules governing how servers are run or who they allow or don't allow to play. This is final, I don't want to see any more of this on the forums, if you want to reach out to server owners, do it via PM or some other means. But no more discussion on these forums.

Which takes me to the next point:

1.6 No multiplayer disputes on the ED forums, including inter-squad flamewars.

No more please, from either side. If you see it, report it. If I see it, it will get warning points.

Thanks.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 3

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...