AI damaged engine / engine out performance

Hi all,

Playing some guns only engagements for fun, I noticed that the AI will usually withdraw from a fight when one engine is damaged or set fire to. They seem to perform as if it's not modelled - an F-14 ran away at 1100 K/Ph, and I neared Vne trying to catch a MiG-25 that had one engine on fire and one damaged (he later landed and taxied happily burning away).

Not a particular beef as it wasn't as if they tried to engage me, but is this a regular thing? I have noticed AI aircraft not being able to use burners after cannon-shell strikes, but with no noticeable effect on their flight envelope.

Cheers

James

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hehehe, take some gun shots on C-130. You can take out 3 of 4 engines and it will still climb very well trying to avoid you.

51PVO Founding member (DEC2007-)

100KIAP Founding member (DEC2018-)

:: Shaman aka [100☭] Shamansky

tail# 44 or 444

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] 100KIAP Regiment Early Warning & Control officer

About the C-130, not only can it fly well with 3 engines down, it also keeps flying with his whole tailplane missing, and still he's doing some superguman engine thrust management with 1 engine :P Jack Bauer is flying that thing, that's for sure, and when you do shoot it down, he performs a HALO jump. But since we don't have a Jack Bauer texture yet, he's completely invisible.

Creedence Clearwater Revival:worthy:

About the C-130, not only can it fly well with 3 engines down, it also keeps flying with his whole tailplane missing, and still he's doing some superguman engine thrust management with 1 engine :P Jack Bauer is flying that thing, that's for sure, and when you do shoot it down, he performs a HALO jump. But since we don't have a Jack Bauer texture yet, he's completely invisible.

:megalol: always good for a laugh..

=IronAngels=

Http://www.ironangelslockonsquad.com

Iron Angels Lockon Squad

Iron Angels: The Proud, The Few, The Elite