Mistral Mod for DCS

This is the Dropbox link to the Mistral Mod for DCS, with our grateful thanks to Turbo Tape Games (http://www.turbotapegames.com) for permission to use their model of Mistral and CadNav (http://www.cadnav.com) for permission to add various of their static helo's to the decks.

Please read the read me included in the file for all credits, restrictions on use and game enforced restrictions on what you can and can't do with this Mod.

2 Versions of each of the three ships, 1 with an empty deck and 1 with a full deck:

L9013 Mistral

L9014 Tonnerre

L9015 Dixmude

Mistral%20ED.jpg

https://www.dropbox.com/s/agv4o2xsy8btypp/Mistral%20Mod%20for%20DCS.zip?dl=0

If you have any problems with this Mod please let us know and we will try to fix them.

PLEASE READ THE README.

Edited by crazyeddie
  • Like 1

Thank you as well for your efforts to get this done.

Great news.

"Yeah, and though I work in the valley of Death, I will fear no Evil. For where there is one, there is always three. I preparest my aircraft to receive the Iron that will be delivered in the presence of my enemies. Thy ALCM and JDAM they comfort me. Power was given unto the aircrew to make peace upon the world by way of the sword. And when the call went out, Behold the "Sword of Stealth". And his name was Death. And Hell followed him. For the day of wrath has come and no mercy shall be given."

Fantastic! thank you CrazyEddie!

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

• 1 month later...
One question, anyway we can spawn more than 1 helicopter on deck? Specialy players?

No, a limit in DCS.

We hope they fix this soon.

You will also slide off deck if the ship is moving.

Does not end well!:D

"Yeah, and though I work in the valley of Death, I will fear no Evil. For where there is one, there is always three. I preparest my aircraft to receive the Iron that will be delivered in the presence of my enemies. Thy ALCM and JDAM they comfort me. Power was given unto the aircrew to make peace upon the world by way of the sword. And when the call went out, Behold the "Sword of Stealth". And his name was Death. And Hell followed him. For the day of wrath has come and no mercy shall be given."

• 10 months later...

Hi, is the Mistral mod still downloadable somewhere ? :)

Modules: all, except for the Dora

My missions: https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/filter/user-is-Don rudi/apply/

Primary system: i7-13700k, RTX 4080, 32 GB, Win 11, Virpil WarBRD + Constellation Alpha with 5cm extension, Virpil CM2 throttle, Virpil Ace Interceptor pedals, Virpil Rotor TCS base + Blackshark grip, Winwing Triple MFD and ICP, 34" UWHQD screen
Acer Nitro i7-10700, RTX 3060, 64 GB, Virpiel Rotor TCS base + Blackhawk grip, Virpiel Ace Torq pedals, 34" UWHQD screen

Hi,

Would it be possible to update the 3d model to lower the ship's rail please ?

Yes, I see what you mean. I will ask the guy who did the 3d model for me if he can find some time to do that. He is very busy with his own Mods so it may be a while before he gets around to it.

Its not our original model (see the readme) so we need to ask their permission as well.

I have a slight change to the deck of the empty deck Mistral, turning it into and Egyptian Ship with their deck markings, and I will add that when its done as well. Egypt took the 2 ships originally ordered for the Russian Navy.

Watch out for Version 2, assuming we can do it.

Mario has fixed the edm's for me, I will do a V2 which will have 3 x empty decks with no rails and 3 x full decks with the rails up, which should keep everyone happy.

I will make one of the empty decks an Egyptian ship, and convert 1 other full deck to HMS Ocean, to add some variety to the Mod.

When its done I will upload it to the DCS Site.

Edited by crazyeddie

3 new edm's for the 3 empty deck versions with the guard rails around the flight deck removed, as they would be at flying stations, uploaded to the DCS Site today, should be available soon.

Just drop them into the shapes folder and let them over write the ones in there.

Hoping to have another conversion of this model available soon, as HMS Ocean, with USMC Ch53's and 847 Sqn Lynx on deck, plus NH90's in place of RN Merlins, we have no Merlin models we can use unfortunately. Still working on it.