The cursor in Vive

MA_Goblin

EDIT:

Post not valid any more. Returned my Vive and got a refund because I didn't find it good enough.

The VR tech as it is now is, at least to me, not mature enough. That said however I'm convinced that it is the future.

I will however wait for generation 2 or possibly generation 3 :)

Edited by hakjar

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

_____________Semper paratus, In hoc signo vinces________________

PC: Intel i7-8700K (4.9 GHz), Aorus Ultra Gaming Z370 MB, Gigabyte RTX 3080, 32 GB DDR3 (3,2 GHz), Samsung EVO 860 M.2 500 GB SSD + Samsung 960 M.2 250 GB SSD Gaming: Virpil T-50 CM2, TM WH Throttle, Crosswind pedals, HP Reverb

Hi mates,

The cross that is in your vision is it possible to turn it off or make it less obtrusive in the view?

I have the Rift, but this part should work the same in the Vive too. If you go to the VR tab in DCS, there should be a "Use Mouse" box. If you check that box, the cursor should only be visible when you're moving the mouse to click on things. I like leaving it off because I find I can click buttons faster by using the headset as my pointer. One other thing about using a VR headset is that you might lose control of the sim if your mouse ends up outside the game window, so hitting Alt+Enter when you enter the sim will make it full-screen on your monitor and you'll no longer have to worry about the mouse getting outside the window.

EDIT: DOH! Just saw your edit, but I'll leave this reply here, just in case someone else might have the same question.

EVGA Z690 Classified, Intel i9 12900KS Alder Lake processor, MSI MAG Core Liquid 360R V2 AIO Liquid CPU Cooler, G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series 64GB DDR5 6400 memory, EVGA RTX3090 FTW3 Ultra 24GB video card, Samsung 980PRO 1TB M2.2280 SSD for Windows 10 64-bit OS, Samsung 980PRO 2TB M2.2280 SSD for program files, LG WH14NS40 Blu-Ray burner. HOTAS Warthog, Saitek Pedals, HP Reverb G2. Partridge and pear tree pending. :pilotfly:

EDIT:

Post not valid any more. Returned my Vive and got a refund because I didn't find it good enough.

The VR tech as it is now is, at least to me, not mature enough. That said however I'm convinced that it is the future.

I will however wait for generation 2 or possibly generation 3 :)

You should try the rift now. With the Async Space Warp support (just came up), it makes a WORLD of difference.

Vive support is probably 1 year behind from Rift. From a DCS perspective, I mean.

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1

I have the Rift, but this part should work the same in the Vive too. If you go to the VR tab in DCS, there should be a "Use Mouse" box. If you check that box, the cursor should only be visible when you're moving the mouse to click on things. I like leaving it off because I find I can click buttons faster by using the headset as my pointer. One other thing about using a VR headset is that you might lose control of the sim if your mouse ends up outside the game window, so hitting Alt+Enter when you enter the sim will make it full-screen on your monitor and you'll no longer have to worry about the mouse getting outside the window.

EDIT: DOH! Just saw your edit, but I'll leave this reply here, just in case someone else might have the same question.

And I'm glad you left it there, as I've been looking for exactly this solution, cheers.:thumbup:

i7-7700K/Gigabyte RTX2080/Win10 64bit/32Gb RAM/Asus Xonar DX+Sennheiser HD380pro headphones/LG 34" UM65 @2560x1080/TM Warthog+VKB MkIV Rudder pedals/Rift CV1