A-10A mission: Sudak Fortress

Played your mission through tonight Birdy. Hope you want some feedback...lol

First I understand about not damaging the structure, but with an AI wingman that's almost impossible to accomplish. So I guess I have to consider "partial success" as success.

2nd I think there's way too many units in this one. I mean I'm all for atmosphere, but so many of the units are never seen or interacted with by the player. Major system drain for little impact IMHO. The F-4's swooping overhead while doing startup was awesome though!!!

3rd the target was not defended well enough. I mean from roll in until RTB was probably 45 secs total and I still had 5 mavs, rockets, and cannon rounds left. Had to go suicidal on the MANPAD city you set up. Got about 10 before they shot me down... :) If you're gonna send two A-10's loaded for bear into something at least give them enough targets to expend their ammo, deploy them with less armament, or give them targets of opportunity to hit on the egress.

Not trying to slag your work. I know from experience how much time is involved in getting things just right. As a mission builder myself it seems I never get any feedback on my missions good or bad, and I think it's important to get a fresh perspective. Now I'm gonna go back in there and kill all those MANPADS!!!! :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

@colt45, thanks for feeback. It's always welconme, good or bad.

1. With too many units, which units do you mean exactly?

- the trucks and F15 are there to give you a sence of not being alone

- the choppers are there to have something to watch while waiting for your wingman to taxi onto the runway (while the choppers are over the runway you won't get clearance from the tower, but I guess you've ignored that right LOL)

- The F4's overflying is indeed a thrill (gotta love the shadows they draw over you)

- several utility/civilian planes are cruising at high-alt. They draw some nice contrails again to have a sence of not being alone in the big blue sky

2. The weapon load is probably an (not so realistic) overkill, let's just say there's something there for everyone; The AGM65-D for AAA, the AGM65-K for the fueltanks and the MK-84's for the oil-tanks.

3. Wingman seems to use the Mav's for destroying the comm.center. Pretty accurate without colleteral damage. With the proper voice commands the wingman should be able to leave the fortress in tact.

4. Around 10:40 several trucks should arive at the scene that could be used for target practise ;)

DELL Inspiron 1564 / Intel Core i3 M330 @ 2.13GHz (4GB)___ATI Radeon HD4330(512Mb)___Windows7 Home Premium 64bit

extra defenses at fortress looks good. My version is probably more suited for novice pilots or pilots flying without labels for the first time.

The items you've removed did serve a purpose; They will create an 'accident' making the runway partialy useable.

Thanks for the effort m8

DELL Inspiron 1564 / Intel Core i3 M330 @ 2.13GHz (4GB)___ATI Radeon HD4330(512Mb)___Windows7 Home Premium 64bit

• 1 month later...

Just found this site via google-earth;

360° slewable view (java) of Sudak Fortress. A must see.

http://www.otdyh.crimea.ua/foto/details.php?image_id=301

find more 360° views in Ukrain-crimea on this clickable map:

http://www.otdyh.crimea.ua/vt-webf.html