[SPOILER] Mission 11

Theranthil

Hello,

I have had a few problems during the mission 11.

1) as soon as I start orbiting at WP3, wingmen dive low and end crashing in the mountain

2) I don't understand why for the 2nd target, they ask for GBU 12. I had a TGP lase fail, I don't think the lase works through the clouds.

3) I never managed to drop a proper CBU. One burst right away (maybe because of the height, I need to retest that). Another one dropped all the way but never exploded. This is not due to the mission by itself, but if you have any idea/advice i'm interested.

Here is the link to the tacview file : https://www.dropbox.com/s/9c1jua4tb1vl3o1/Tacview-Piercing%20fury%20mission%2011.rar?dl=0

Hello,

I have had a few problems during the mission 11.

1) as soon as I start orbiting at WP3, wingmen dive low and end crashing in the mountain

2) I don't understand why for the 2nd target, they ask for GBU 12. I had a TGP lase fail, I don't think the lase works through the clouds.

3) I never managed to drop a proper CBU. One burst right away (maybe because of the height, I need to retest that). Another one dropped all the way but never exploded. This is not due to the mission by itself, but if you have any idea/advice i'm interested.

Here is the link to the tacview file : https://www.dropbox.com/s/9c1jua4tb1vl3o1/Tacview-Piercing%20fury%20mission%2011.rar?dl=0

Hello,

Regarding the GBU-12, the lase should work, tested it many times, might have to try manual lase. Wingman, well I usually have them anchor until I need them, they get crazy sometimes.

• 1 month later...

I just finished the mission. Toughest one so far imho :)

The first AA emplacement you have to kill from the 9 line, where they ask for the gbu 38, was already destroyed by something.

When i was a couple of seconds out before the "pickle" i got the message that the camp is destroyed and i got tasked with the 2nd one. Played the mission twice and it happened both times. Don't know if this is intentional

I just finished the mission. Toughest one so far imho :)

The first AA emplacement you have to kill from the 9 line, where they ask for the gbu 38, was already destroyed by something.

When i was a couple of seconds out before the "pickle" i got the message that the camp is destroyed and i got tasked with the 2nd one. Played the mission twice and it happened both times. Don't know if this is intentional

I can confirm this behavior. Somebody destroys the 1st target before you get a chance to. I watched in pride as my GBU hit the already destroyed targets in F6 view. Also it feels like the 2nd target's coordinates are off. I dropped a few weapons and they always seemed to miss but land in the same spot. This is the ZSU with a bunch of soldiers right on a mountain peak. This was with DCS 1.5.5.59744 Update 1

• 4 weeks later...

I just flew this mission and can confirm a few problems:

SPOILERS AHEAD!

1. I am not sure now whether I told my flight to anchor but lost my #3 and #4 without a warning. Perhaps the load is too heavy for the AI at such altitudes.

2. When I was leaving IP ALPHA for the run on the first target, I was notified that I had hit it, before releasing the bomb. From the log, it looked like an artillery or mortar unit hit herself and killed all. This didn't happen in the second target, which was fine. Well, with the clouds I expected the JTAC to lase my GBU-12 so I didn't and missed. But hit it with a GBU-38, so the coordinates were fine in my case.

For the guy with problems with the CBU, I recommend lowering the Height of Function (HOF). It is by default at 1,900 ft, which is too disperse anyway and inaccurate with wind. It worked fine for me at 700 ft.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 1 month later...
I just flew this mission and can confirm a few problems:

SPOILERS AHEAD!

1. I am not sure now whether I told my flight to anchor but lost my #3 and #4 without a warning. Perhaps the load is too heavy for the AI at such altitudes.

2. When I was leaving IP ALPHA for the run on the first target, I was notified that I had hit it, before releasing the bomb. From the log, it looked like an artillery or mortar unit hit herself and killed all. This didn't happen in the second target, which was fine. Well, with the clouds I expected the JTAC to lase my GBU-12 so I didn't and missed. But hit it with a GBU-38, so the coordinates were fine in my case.

For the guy with problems with the CBU, I recommend lowering the Height of Function (HOF). It is by default at 1,900 ft, which is too disperse anyway and inaccurate with wind. It worked fine for me at 700 ft.

I just flew it 2 and gonna write my experience:

1)i didnt lose any of the flight but they cant sustain such altitude they were constantly stalling- diving- speeding up- gaining altitude and stalling all over again. it really looks like they are flying a retarded aerobatics formation:d

2)This one happened exactly same on my part except i did lase my target and it worked, gbu12 hit bullseye on them from 23800 feet msl.