1. 1. F10 view in servers

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe (please explain)

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes they can. Although they cannot get own position yet, IIRC, which will stifle some efforts.

There are other things that LUA can export that make things difficult in any case. I'ma ware of at least one squad having the talent to take advantage of it, too.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

Guest IguanaKing
Yes of course but you can program the nav aids etc which you cant do in LO.. To be honest I never use F10 for air to air missions, most of the servers I fly in I don’t even know if its active….. I only use it for specific A2G missions when I’m trying to simulate being vectored to an area, town or when I set up a kill box. For me it just feels more realistic to check the map view to make sure I’m over the right town or within the area where I can engage ground targets freely, with out having to always follow a waypoint to an area then start looking for enemy units that are placed a certain distance from the attack waypoints.

I bet most of us wouldn’t even need to use a compass to find our way around the map in LO the amount of missions we have flown but it comes down to what ever works online and what ever you feel is realistic. For some they like externals and others like labels but for me I find both of those extremely unrealistic and immersion killers in LO.

In FS9 I get to use Garmin GPS 500 and the 295.. as you say they are very powerful nav tools with all kinds of info from flight plans to different classes of airspace .. Didn’t know anything about the company itself though so thanks for the info :)

Ps are they giving A10 pilots hand held GPS systems? I don’t know if I read it somewhere or am just getting mixed up with something else.

Well...since I'm not very well-versed in the on-line play just yet, I have a question for you, or anyone else who knows. Are there any on-line servers that allow us to set our own flightplan waypoints prior to a mission? If we can set our own flightplan, then all we'd really need is the kneeboard, just for a visual of where our waypoints are set. I have no problem at all navigating purely off of INS waypoints, even if my HUD is dead. It'd also be nice though if we could at least navigate via the NDBs that exist in the area if we ever needed to. TACAN for US aircraft would also be nice, with its presence depending on who controls what territory and whether or not AFSOC troops were able to get on-site. But, I digress. :D

Cosmo, you think the GNS500 is nice for FS? Try looking around and see if you can find a mod that lets you use a GNS530. Its got the same stuff the 500 has, but it adds COM, VOR, LOC, and G/S in the same box. Along with TAWS, WAAS, TIS, and...coming soon...ADS-B. I'm not sure if IRL Hog drivers use handhelds, but I'd bet that they do, since they also help with E&E if they are ever shot down. There are no A-10 squadrons near me so I don't know, but I can tell you for sure that the Colorado Army National Guard uses them. My company recently sold them 15 Garmin GPS396 GPS receivers...this was only a week after we finally became a US defense contractor (turned out to be an awesome investment of my time, in addition to finally being able to get those NAVAIRs we needed :D )

Well...since I'm not very well-versed in the on-line play just yet, I have a question for you, or anyone else who knows. Are there any on-line servers that allow us to set our own flightplan waypoints prior to a mission? If we can set our own flightplan, then all we'd really need is the kneeboard, just for a visual of where our waypoints are set. I have no problem at all navigating purely off of INS waypoints, even if my HUD is dead. It'd also be nice though if we could at least navigate via the NDBs that exist in the area if we ever needed to. TACAN for US aircraft would also be nice, with its presence depending on who controls what territory and whether or not AFSOC troops were able to get on-site. But, I digress. :D

Sadly there's no TACAN and you cannot adjust the waypoints - you're stuck with whatever the host provides you. And the HSI is of course barely functional, though it does do its job.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

Guest IguanaKing

Thanks GG, I was afraid of that. Oh well...I can learn to deal with it. I know you're sworn to secrecy, but can you tell us if BlackShark will give us the ability to use other NAVAIDs? (Not necessarily TACAN, because I know the CIS is mostly NDB)

Sadly I am sworn to secrecy and I cannot unleash the knowledge I have but ... I suggest you check out any publically available ABRIS manual.

It is modelled fairly accurately I believe.

You can also do fix to fix navigation easily enough.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

What this all boils down to is IT'S A FREAKIN GAME!!! if someone wants to cheat and they suck that bad let them. They won't be doing it for long and it most likely won't even work for them. Remember they have to be a spectator or log in as a admin to cheat. Who wants to do that or have the time to?

And about warning your guys about entering at their own risk <----what is that about? it's a GAME!!! they aren't going to die, Lets get real people, none of us are really pilots. We talk about stuff we only read or dream about. How many people in here has ANY military or pilot exprience? besides " I rode on a 737 before?

If you have to cheat then you suck and you need to learn! The only way to stop getting your ass kicked is to learn and practice.

This poll is just that a poll the results aren't going to do anything. If someone wants F10, external views or easy radar on they will do it. This poll won't stop them...

I like external views, it's nice to get screenshots of your jet or your flight jets heading to a fight. Instead of getting the HUD in everyshot. Have fun flying in ANY server you chose guys they are all fun. And I highly doubt that any servers are cheating. Maybe a few people but no matter what game you play...someone is going to be a rotten egg.

What this all boils down to is IT'S A FREAKIN GAME!!! if someone wants to cheat and they suck that bad let them. They won't be doing it for long and it most likely won't even work for them. Remember they have to be a spectator or log in as a admin to cheat. Who wants to do that or have the time to?

And about warning your guys about entering at their own risk <----what is that about? it's a GAME!!! they aren't going to die, Lets get real people, none of us are really pilots. We talk about stuff we only read or dream about. How many people in here has ANY military or pilot exprience? besides " I rode on a 737 before?

If you have to cheat then you suck and you need to learn! The only way to stop getting your ass kicked is to learn and practice.

This poll is just that a poll the results aren't going to do anything. If someone wants F10, external views or easy radar on they will do it. This poll won't stop them...

I like external views, it's nice to get screenshots of your jet or your flight jets heading to a fight. Instead of getting the HUD in everyshot. Have fun flying in ANY server you chose guys they are all fun. And I highly doubt that any servers are cheating. Maybe a few people but no matter what game you play...someone is going to be a rotten egg.

The best post I’ve read here.

The idea of flying “full real” shouldn’t be so narrow. In Il2 FR servers mean no external views and cockpit is on, that’s it you will most likely find that labels will be turned on at least for friendlies and map view showing your location plus the line of defense will also be available. I just have to laugh at the more extreme ones trying to prove to God knows who that they could do it for real by using derogatory terms to describe someone else idea of realism. WTF is that about, who gave them the monopoly on what’s real and what isn’t but hey if they want to make themselves look obsessed then that’s their problem.

Personally I fly all kinds of servers whether they are considered full real or not and for me they are all real fun and I have a great time spending billions of virtual dollars blowing stuff up and getting blown up myself.. ;)

Cozmo.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Minimum effort, maximum satisfaction.

CDDS Tutorial Version 3. | Main Screen Mods.

Experiences Cali.. i do

Ful Realism on Il2 is everything out just a blank map and also with the speed bar on ( lack of good visibility ), no labels what so ever.

The dots graphics on lockon could need some re-work for sure.

Fly it like you stole it..

"Should servers disable F10 Map view?"

-no pun intended..could you be anymore direct?

Maybe you mean, Ace setting servers ?

Map view Off.

Want realism? Print a map for reference.

my 2c.

dredd4hd0.jpg

---= 169th Panthers -Flt Lt.- =---

http://www.169thpanthers.com.au

tbdreddey7.png

AMD64 S939 3700 | 2GB Corsair DDR500 | 21" CRT

ATI Radeon X800Pro | 2x36GB WD Raptors | SB Audigy

TIR3 | TM-868 | X52 | CH Pedals | Creative 5.1 Spkrs

Map view Off.

my 2c.

Want realism?

Join the air force.

A lot of aircraft currently have either moving maps or good substitutes for such.

Those aircraft that do NOT or did not in say, the early 90's, were equipped with 50' or better resolution maps of the target areas, complete with elevations, as well, as a working INS that gave you coordinates most likely, etc etc.

The whole 'want realism' argument is utter and complete BS. External views and complete visibility of the battlefield on F10 (ie. all units) are about the only things that are not truly realistic as far as LO goes, and the F10 showing all units is in fact possible in actuality - just not hugely likely.

LO has a LONG way to go for modelling realistic avionics, and Black Shark has begun moving LO towards this goal. But eh, crying 'realism' in FC? Heh.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Map view Off.

my 2c.

I just meant servers, not Ace servers just servers. Are any of us fighter pilots? and I mean real fighter pilots. How many have talked to a fighter pilot in real life....I have 1,000 of times. I have a few friends that are pilots 3 A-10 and 1 F-16. I like realism and I'm all for it, it's a game for us to enjoy.

Like I said this polls really means nothing, it's up to the people that run the servers.

F10 off off off IMO

If its a mini war ,airquake spectacle or squad match the option for cheating has got to be eradicated FULLSTOP

The map on F10 is useless without icons for pilots, but ideal for an aspiring cheat with domination on his mind and SPOILING every1elses fun. That is the point and being beaten unfairly or even having that doubt is what winds peeps the most.

With icons on thats just BS ,you might as well allow padlocks and externals ,with these most would be flying externally half the time either f10,f5 padlock planes through mountains ,f6 missiles incoming, f2 wheres the enemy now ,use your frigin plane not the keyboard.

77th newbie sessions are an excellent idea and this is where the F10 lovers should look.

Otherwise explain to me what F10 without icons does for you that a kneepad or little print out won't ,if anything the later is superior in that you keep cockpit view on 'Like a real pilot' lol

• Like 1

"[51☭] FROSTIE" #55

51st PVO "BISONS"

Fastest MiG pilot in the world - TCR'10

https://100kiap.org

F10 off off off IMO

If its a mini war ,airquake spectacle or squad match the option for cheating has got to be eradicated FULLSTOP

I don't see the point of disabling for a good old airquake session on HL. If someone starts 'ghosting', you'll easily know just by looking at the scoreboard. At that point, if he doesn't respond to challenges, get your own ghost ;)

The map on F10 is useless without icons for pilots, but ideal for an aspiring cheat with domination on his mind and SPOILING every1elses fun. That is the point and being beaten unfairly or even having that doubt is what winds peeps the most.

Completely untrue. See further down.

With icons on thats just BS ,you might as well allow padlocks and externals ,with these most would be flying externally half the time either f10,f5 padlock planes through mountains ,f6 missiles incoming, f2 wheres the enemy now ,use your frigin plane not the keyboard.

Since you probably don't know already - most aircraft feature datalinks that will at least let'em know where their -own- units are. True, A-10's and Su-25's lack this, but it is a rather small price to pay to have 'own side' icons turned on. You should be aware were all your own units are anyway, and you likely would be in a real world situation.

Otherwise explain to me what F10 without icons does for you that a kneepad or little print out won't ,if anything the later is superior in that you keep cockpit view on 'Like a real pilot' lol

Explain to me why I need to use some mod instead of what the game already provides - the 'cockpit view' thing is in no way superior as you're /heads down/ either way. The difference in this regard is completely insignificant - whereas the F10 map can be zoomed in to display area details, you can only achieve this by printing out loads of little maps and cluttering up your workspace, not to mention using up ink/toner what have you. If you wanna spend the money on this fine, but others might not really want to, and they're every bit as -correct- in this as you might be in doing your thing.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Cosmo, you think the GNS500 is nice for FS? Try looking around and see if you can find a mod that lets you use a GNS530. Its got the same stuff the 500 has, but it adds COM, VOR, LOC, and G/S in the same box. Along with TAWS, WAAS, TIS, and...coming soon...ADS-B.

I like the 500, it can be a little difficult entering in the ICAO codes while flying a helicopter but it’s still fun to program while in-flight. I also have FSNAV which is truly like a navigational map with everything from nav ID’s/Freq to jet routes even ramp and gates at airports are displayed .. I’ll checkout the GNS530 mod though, there are so many Mods its hard to keep track.

Cozmo.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Minimum effort, maximum satisfaction.

CDDS Tutorial Version 3. | Main Screen Mods.

Guest IguanaKing

Oh...don't get me wrong, Cosmo, I'm not even sure an FS mod with a GNS530 exists. I was just extolling its virtues IRL. :D

Guest IguanaKing
I flew F22's in 'Nam. We deployed a squadron right after the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor.

We're going in tomorrow morning at 0400 to bomb the power plant at Daquiri. We'll be coming in low, from the east, under their radar.

When will you be back?

I can't tell you that, its classified.

:D

I flew F22's in 'Nam. We deployed a squadron right after the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor.

So you were part to "Project Silent death" as well huh? I was part of a Recon team. You know the target you hit....that was us that got you the info....