VoiceAttack Radio Commands for UH-1H

Full profiles for the UH-1H, Mi-8 and Gazelle are finished and in testing with a couple of members of the 229th, they'll be available for anyone interested this week. PM if interested.

I´ am definetely interested in using your profiles and don´t mind paying a few bucks for them.

Where can I get them ?

MSI H170M-A Pro with i5-6600K @ 3.5 Ghz, 16Gb DDR4-2133, ASUS GTX 1080 TI 11 Gb DDR5 352bit, Win10 Pro,

PUMA Flight Trainer, DCS 1.5, 2.5 open beta, UH-1H, KA50, Mi8-MTV2, Gazelle.

Have a safe flight !

• 3 years later...

Hey Guys and Gals,

I’ve decided to open these up for everybody to have at them. I used to sell them for a few US$ each, and they’ve paid for a pack of beer so far, so I’m happy!  That said, I don’t maintain them any longer as I haven’t flown the Huey, Gazelle or Mi-8 in quite a while, and some changes to VA have made some cases of recognising a Zero integer tricky, and to be honest, I can’t be bothered to troubleshoot them any more.

So, without further ado, please find the link to all the profiles that I made for the DCS helicopters here:

https://1drv.ms/f/s!AjB8XCqYiep2gaYA0JI2uLmF_rmeCg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Intel i9-9900KF @5.2GHz

MSI Z390 Gaming Pro Carbon

32GB G.Skill Trident Z DDR3200 RAM

MSI RTX 2080 Ti Gaming X Trio

40" Panasonic TH-40DX600U @ 4K

Pimax Vision 8K Plus / Oculus Rift CV1 / HTC Vive

Gametrix JetSeat with SimShaker

Windows 10 64 Bit Home Edition

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thank you for this. What is the difference between the 'set' profiles' and the 'tune profiles'? Why are there two Huey set profiles? What do I do with the lua file? Perhaps the answers will help others who use these profiles as well.

4930K @ 4.5, 32g ram, TitanPascal

I think 'Set' replaces 'tune' as its less erroneous for VA to understand. Im struggling to get the radios to tune according to what I tell them and I've imported the custom keybinds.

Maybe I need a different setting or a better mic but Im getting a lot of issues with VA understanding me and I'v run thru the voice learning lots of times now.

UHF - UHS, VHS, VHF, two or to, many errors I need to iron out before these become usable, but I appreciate them now being made free! I also have an issue with keybind not working in the huey (hence voice command not working)  - it's Lctrl+Lshift+R which is set to decrease the UHF 1MHz knob

Edited by Sprool

11 hours ago, Sprool said:

I think 'Set' replaces 'tune' as its less erroneous for VA to understand.

^^^ This ^^^

For some, Voice attack struggles to hear the word 'tune', it did for me, so I made another set of commands that is identical, just saying 'set' instead. I know I could have created an 'or' within the Voice recognition to recognize this, and I did try it initially, but it lagged quite badly.

The Lua was for the Gazelle to change a couple of the default key mappings that caused issues for the profile, and at the time of creating them, some keyboinds were not mapped, which may have changed by now. See the last item in the list below.

Please find the "read me" as such that I sent to everyone that paid for them;

1. You currently need to be Voice Attack Preview build 1.5.12.17 or higher to use these profiles

2. The default mapping in the Huey for the UHF 1MHz Decrease (LCtrl + LShift + R) doesn't work in game for some reason. Please add a binding of LCtrl + LShift + N for this commands as that is what I setup in the VA Profile.

3. This profile is large and complicated. As such VoiceAttack will lag when it starts up with this profile, up to 15 seconds to load it.

4. Due to point 3, please ensure that you backup (Export) any existing profiles that you use before importing these commands to them

5. The first key command that VoiceAttack issues, if DCS is not your focused window, will be missed, if this happens, manually tune the radio to the correct frequency.

6. Please ensure that the default frequencies for the aircraft are set at mission start, as the scripts in the profiles rely on this. These are as follows;

UH-1H
- FM 30.00
- NAV 107.00
- UHF 251.00
- VHF 116.00

Mi-8
- ARC 1.50
- ARC UD Channel 1
- Jadro 02.0000
- R-828 Channel 1
- R863 127.500

Gazelle
- ADF 430.0 & 214.0
- FM (doesn't matter)
- VHF 124.000
- UHF (doesn't matter)

7. I have also posted up my keyboard mapping for the Gazelle, these add all of the necessary commands for the radios, but also change the default view center key to RCtrl + F12 as Numpad 5 is used for the radios

Edited by Highwayman-Ed
  • Thanks 1

Intel i9-9900KF @5.2GHz

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 3 months later...

@Highwayman-Ed

Hi Ed, really appreciate you sharing this for free, thank you.

I can get the commands recognised by VA 1.8.9 by using a complete frequency e.g. 1 0 8 0 0 but nothing happens in the sim.

Any ideas why?

This only happens with the tuning, other events such as 'Intercom Internal' work just fine.

Thanks,
Toby

recognising.png

Edited by toby23

Ryzen 5800X, 32GB RAM, RTX 3060

On 3/13/2022 at 4:48 PM, Sprool said:

I think 'Set' replaces 'tune' as its less erroneous for VA to understand. Im struggling to get the radios to tune according to what I tell them and I've imported the custom keybinds.

Maybe I need a different setting or a better mic but Im getting a lot of issues with VA understanding me and I'v run thru the voice learning lots of times now.

UHF - UHS, VHS, VHF, two or to, many errors I need to iron out before these become usable, but I appreciate them now being made free! I also have an issue with keybind not working in the huey (hence voice command not working)  - it's Lctrl+Lshift+R which is set to decrease the UHF 1MHz knob

@Sprool I added the phrases: 'Set Nav Radio', 'Set UHF Radio' etc to the Speech Dictionary and Voice Attack recognises these commands now with a lot less error. I just need to figure out how to get the commands to work in DCS 🙂

Edited by toby23

On 3/14/2022 at 3:49 AM, Highwayman-Ed said:

7. I have also posted up my keyboard mapping for the Gazelle, these add all of the necessary commands for the radios, but also change the default view center key to RCtrl + F12 as Numpad 5 is used for the radios

Is this what the Keyboard.diff.lua is for? 
Still trying to figure out why this isn't working for me in DCS..

Edited by toby23

The keyboard diff was for the Gazelle only way back when I made the profiles back just after it was released. I have no real idea if it’s needed any longer.

The zeros not iterating properly is something to do with the code of VA scripting. It’s something that plagued me for years with a zero value not working on and off in the back end of VA, and I grew tired of constantly coming up with new ways to fix it. This is the primary reason I’ve given them away for free now as I simply don’t have the patience to troubleshoot anymore.

Sorry I can’t give you an answer with how to fix it, but it’s to do with the scripting that tracks the radio frequencies. I hope that leads you to the right location.

Intel i9-9900KF @5.2GHz

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

This voiceattack profile does not work for ADF frequencies isn't it?

Favorite modules : Huey, F-86F, F14 and P-51D

Quest 2, RTX 3080, i7 10700K, 16 Gb of RAM, Pro Flight Trainer PUMA helicopter setup, Warthog HOTAS with two force sensitive stick, custom cockpit and a GS-Cobra dynamic seat.