Big Helicopters

Prowler111

Big Helicopters  

548 members have voted

1. 1. Big Helicopters

• Yes
    • No

I like Ch-53 and other Helicopters, especially hope DCS have more support aircrafts, including not combat helicopter.

Only hope is If any team want to make new helicopter for DCS, please make helicopter based on DCS standard, I call it " DCS helicopter standard".

After I left SU-27 flank many years later, I came back to DCS by seeing a video clip, that is the preview video of DCS black shark. In that video a cold&dark Ka-50's blades were blow and react to the wind.

Till now, to myself, I believe helicopters in DCS are closest to reality, meanly because that preview.

I don't know it is true or not, but I think ED use a pretty advanced air dynamic engine. And that is why DCS's helicopters are so real and react to air.

Hope all helicopters use the same engine, I call it "DCS helicopter air dynamic engine" and reach same standard.

I think Helicopters in DCS are the best in flight simulation world.

before DCS blackshark I fly helicopter also in FSX and other simulation. After DCS, specially after Mi-8 and UH-1 in DCS, I have no interest to fly helicopters in other FS.

RAZBAM did great job in before projects, I like RAZBAM aircrafts. Hope RAZBAM team make good helicopter like CH-53 or .....

Thank you!

For what it's worth, I was kind of hoping part of the RAZBAM surprise would be a heavy chopper, or a heavy anything for that matter, but a CH-53 would have been aces with the Tarawa (once it can handle choppers).

The State Military (MAG 13)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

SHEEP WE-01

AV-8B BuNo 164553

VMA-214

Col J. “Poe” Rasmussen

http://www.statelyfe.com

Specs: Gigabyte Z390 Pro Wifi; i9-9900K; EVGA 2080 Ti Black; 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4; Samsung 970 EVO Series M.2 SSD; WIN10; ASUS VG248QE; CV-1 and Index

Modules: A-10C; AV8B; CA; FC3; F-5; F-14; F-18; F-86; HAWK; L-39; P-51; UH1H; NTTR; Normandy; Persian Gulf

Transporting Troops is a combat function, especially if they are making a hot landing! Combat Search & Rescue is also a combat function. Weapons like the minigun would be on the ramp of the CH-53.

MS Win7 Pro x64, Intel i7-6700K 4.0Ghz, Corsair RAM 16Gb,EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 FTW GAMING ACX 3.0, w/ Adjustable RGB LED Graphics Card 08G-P4-6286-KR, Creative Labs SB X-FI Titanium Fatal1ty Champ PCIe Sound Card, Corsair Neutron XTI 1TB SSD, TM Warthog Throttle & Stick, TM TPR Pedels, Oculus Rift VR Headset CV1, Klipsch Promedia 4.1 Speakers...

Even a Chinook could open up some cool gameplay, especially with the new water.

https://goo.gl/images/dWjqiT

https://youtu.be/XOkdZVY-0UY

Edited by rassy7

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

SHEEP WE-01

AV-8B BuNo 164553

VMA-214

Col J. “Poe” Rasmussen

Specs: Gigabyte Z390 Pro Wifi; i9-9900K; EVGA 2080 Ti Black; 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4; Samsung 970 EVO Series M.2 SSD; WIN10; ASUS VG248QE; CV-1 and Index

Modules: A-10C; AV8B; CA; FC3; F-5; F-14; F-18; F-86; HAWK; L-39; P-51; UH1H; NTTR; Normandy; Persian Gulf

However that would likely be contingent on progress in other (early access) releases made.

This is true. These forums are torture. The waiting is the worst. Heck, I'd throw out $20 now for a half-modeled, primer gray helo that sounds like a Cessna. I can wait a year for that door to be totally finished or the pilot to have a face or whatever. I just want to fly the sucker.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

SHEEP WE-01

AV-8B BuNo 164553

VMA-214

Col J. “Poe” Rasmussen

MH-53 special ops and rescue . CH-47D "Guns-A-Go-Go", MV-22. NH-90, S-64 Sky Crane/CH-54 Tarhee, MI-26. CH-148/S-92.

However , I believe that rescue and heavy lift is not well suited to consumer combat-sim market. Those modules would be training platforms for real world.

Attack helicopters is much better

AH-64A/D but not E

MI-28N

AH-1W

Eurocopter(Airbus Helicopters) Tiger

Agasta Mangusta

MI-24VN

HH-60G or MH-60M. gibs plz.

-Col. Russ Everts opinion on surface-to-air missiles: "It makes you feel a little better if it's coming for one of your buddies. However, if it's coming for you, it doesn't make you feel too good, but it does rearrange your priorities."

DCS Wishlist:

MC-130E Combat Talon   |   F/A-18F Lot 26   |   HH-60G Pave Hawk   |   E-2 Hawkeye/C-2 Greyhound   |   EA-6A/B Prowler   |   J-35F2/J Draken   |   RA-5C Vigilante

Chinook

AWAITING ED NEW DAMAGE MODEL IMPLEMENTATION FOR WW2 BIRDS

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.

MH-53 special ops and rescue . CH-47D "Guns-A-Go-Go", MV-22. NH-90, S-64 Sky Crane/CH-54 Tarhee, MI-26. CH-148/S-92.

However , I believe that rescue and heavy lift is not well suited to consumer combat-sim market. Those modules would be training platforms for real world.

Attack helicopters is much better

AH-64A/D but not E

MI-28N

AH-1W

Eurocopter(Airbus Helicopters) Tiger

Agasta Mangusta

MI-24VN

I’m a former MH-53 guy so I’m kinda biased but that would be a good platform for those who want a lot of technical depth. Multi crew aircraft play would make it fun as well. Plus you can do helicopter air refueling. You also get a helicopter with the navigation, threat warning, and communications that are better than most fighters. Plus terrain following/terrain avoidance radar.

I know AH-1S and Mi-24 (I forget the version) are in develop and that’s likely more popular with most.

"However , I believe that rescue and heavy lift is not well suited to consumer combat-sim market."

Well, wrong there buddy. How many people fly the Huey in the transport / CSAR role? It's a 60 year old helicopter doing it in the modern battlefield. A Pave or Chinook would totally be relevant in this sim, even with the buckled sling loading currently in ED. Also scripting makes it fun for us rotorheads.

~Rob

You need to join the Blue Flag server sometime...

People use Huey's and Gazelles to simulate carrying troops and cargo that would exceed their real life capabilities on a daily basis.

I'm pretty sure the people flying those missions using a substitute airframe would be more than happy to buy a Chinook or version of -53.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Primary Computer

ASUS Z390-P, i7-9700K CPU @ 5.0Ghz, 32GB Patriot Viper Steel DDR4 @ 3200Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce 1070 Ti AMP Extreme, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe drives (1Tb & 500 Gb), Windows 10 Professional, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Warthog Stick, Thrustmaster Cougar Throttle, Cougar MFDs x3, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals and TrackIR 5.

-={TAC}=-DCS Server

Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3, i7-3770K CPU @ 3.90GHz, 32GB G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR3 @ 1600Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce® GTX 970.

If your going to do a big help, do one with anti-ship or anti-radiation weaponry. I'm thinking large, long range missiles. Also, good anti-tank would also be interesting.

This would provide a unique role outside of transportation.

I am getting to be no fan of Jets if you have a carrier you must have a chopper that can do anti sub work and S/R there's to much for jet jockeys not enough for rotor heads

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Window 10, i9-9900,2080TI, 32GB ram Puma Pro Flight Trainer, 2 x 1TB WB SSD NVMe HP Reverb

I don’t think we’ll see any big helos (-53’s, -47’s etc) in DCS for many, many years..

I hope I’m wrong but I doubt I am

My rig - I5 6600k @ 4.5 - Corsair H100i GTX - Maximus Hero viii - 16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum ROG edition DDR4 3200mhz - Gigabyte 1080ti (Overclocked) - TM Warthog Hotas - Saitek Combat Rudder pedals - Oculus Rift CV1

You aren't. RAZBAM teased with a pic, but it wasn't in their recent surprises stuff, and there were modules spoken of or further along, namely Intruder and A-7. ED talked of a rotary module a few months back, but now that the BST/ED merger is a thing I imagine that the helo they spoke of was most likely the Cobra announced a few weeks ago.

I hope that I am wrong about my speculations, but after a year of hoping I think I am with you VooDoo.

Currently we have like 3 able 3d meshes ready for production( 3 Helicopters, 2 heavy 1 mid), but our production line is stretched as it is, and i don't want it to be too thin, once the pertinent development depts are ready, you'll start to see some helo production, when? i can't tell with a certain date, but in the mid term, sure...

Currently we have like 3 able 3d meshes ready for production( 3 Helicopters, 2 heavy 1 mid)...

Excellent news! The same helicopters mentioned in the OP? Or have there been changes in direction? :thumbup:

LG 34UC97 34" 3440x1440 monitor | 2x GTX-980 G1 Gaming

I7-5820k @ 3.3GHz | 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 @ 2133Mhz

Samsung 840 EVO 120GB & 1TB SSDs | Seagate 3TB HDD

TM Warthog | Saitek Pro Flight Combat Pedals

FWIW, I hope you guys have a 53 in that lineup. I fly with a fairly large and diverse multiplayer group every weekend and I don't know anyone that wouldn't be pretty excited about a 53. We also have former 53 guys in the mix and do a ton of helo ops. This would be widely welcomed methinks ~

• 2 months later...

Make me happy; give us some variant of the H-46 with an unrep ship so I can fly at sea resupply to the other ships. A little CSAR added in would be the icing on the cake.

But honestly, I'll be buying any helicopters that anyone makes.