How is this tower for DCS 2.0???

The video card is useless for DCS, or most games for that matter.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

I agree with Cichlidfan

Why don't you pick each hardware (from motherboard to VGA)yourself and start building it ? More cheaper I guess. Its very rewarding and gives you more knowledges and skills about computer. Its not that hard, alot of tutorial on YouTube if you need some.

Good luck

Mastering others is strength. Mastering yourself is true power. - Lao Tze

I agree with Cichlidfan

Why don't you pick each hardware (from motherboard to VGA)yourself and start building it ? More cheaper I guess. Its very rewarding and gives you more knowledges and skills about computer. Its not that hard, alot of tutorial on YouTube if you need some.

Good luck

I'm awful with computers LOL... I'm sure I could probably figure it out, but I'm not sure if I want to risk ruining a computer and wasting money when just buying it already put together will save me time and money in the long run...

Also look at charts online to compare the components. Start with the fact that if the video card is, from nVidia, is not a GTX, instead of a GT, then skip it. GT cards are not proper gaming cards unless Minecraft is your game of choice.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Also look at charts online to compare the components. Start with the fact that if the video card is, from nVidia, is not a GTX, instead of a GT, then skip it. GT cards are not proper gaming cards unless Minecraft is your game of choice.

Minecraft loves 144Hz and Gsync :D !!!!!! it screams for a GTX and many many Hertz

Kids are playing it on a handful of devices, from a Core2Duo and several i7's 2nd and 3rd gen and no where it looks as awesome and fast as on mine :) actually bad, I have to ask to get to my PC when all kids are in....daddy..can we play on YOUR rig ??? ahhhhhhh sigh KIDS ;)

• Like 1

Gigabyte Aorus X570S Master - Ryzen 5900X - Gskill 64GB 3200/CL14@3600/CL14 - Asus 1080ti EK-waterblock - 4x Samsung 980Pro 1TB - 1x Samsung 870 Evo 1TB - 1x SanDisc 120GB SSD - Heatkiller IV - MoRa3-360LT@9x120mm Noctua F12 - Corsair AXi-1200 - TiR5-Pro - Warthog Hotas - Saitek Combat Pedals - Asus PG278Q 27" QHD Gsync 144Hz - Corsair K70 RGB Pro - Win11 Pro/Linux - Phanteks Evolv-X 

Minecraft loves 144Hz and Gsync :D !!!!!! it screams for a GTX and many many Hertz

I had no idea. Haven't played it in at least two years, but that was still on a halfway decent ROG laptop.

I'm awful with computers LOL... I'm sure I could probably figure it out, but I'm not sure if I want to risk ruining a computer and wasting money when just buying it already put together will save me time and money in the long run...

Take time and do your research, it will save you money in the long run (a system that will last you for a while).

In general you want an i5, 16Gigs of RAM (8 is ok but DCS apparently stutters), an SSD 128 Gigs min, I'd suggest 256 Gig (optional, but again I have seen reports of stutter in DCS without an SSD) just for DCS and Windows.

If you want to build it yourself (very easy) reddit has r/buildapc and r/buildapcforme if you'd rather skip the learning process and have someone tell you what you need, they generally use http://pcpartpicker.com to choose all your components. It's always best to build a PC yourself imo, cheaper and it's fun.

I don't know much at all about prebuilt desktop websites I have heard the following are good, but I have no personal experience with them: http://www.digitalstorm.com/ and https://www.falcon-nw.com/ .

Edited by StandingCow

5900X - 32 GB 3600 RAM - 1080TI

My Twitch Channel

~Moo

Another good starting point might be http://pcpartpicker.com/ - that site got me started for my build, after having been out of the hardware loop for many years.

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

The Case: If you build it yourself you can't go wrong with this case.

Access to everything is just the best. And cooling options are awesome.

The motherboard tray is removable so you can put it together outside the box and then just drop it in.

A lot to be said for that access alone.

After building with this case, I would own no other.

There are two options, I went with the EVO.

You can have so much more for the $ Building it yourself.

So many great features. Check it out. Shop around, you can find one at a good price, it's worth every penny.

http://www.coolermaster.com/case/test-bench/haf-xb-evo/

Edited by MegOhm_SD

Cooler Master HAF XB EVO , ASUS P8Z77-V, i7-3770K @ 4.6GHz, Noctua AC, 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro, EVGA 1080TI 11GB, 2 Samsung 840 Pro 540GB SSDs Raid 0, 1TB HDD, EVGA SuperNOVA 1300W PS, G930 Wireless SS Headset, TrackIR5/Wireless Proclip, TM Warthog, Saitek Pro Combat Pedals, 75" Samsung 4K QLED, HP Reverb G2, Win 10

DIY or have a good friend do it for you and compensate him somehow.

I have yet to see a prebuild machine that was worth the money, aka you can build the same for less or get better stuff for same price ( Dell Alienware, Asus ROG PC's etc.. ).

As the previous posters said:

i5/i7 4GHz+

16GB ( dont try 8GB with 2 x 4, we can already see 32GB need coming and 4GB modules block your upgrade, get 2 x 8 and have 2 slots in reserve for future upgrades, just dont go 4GB modules if you can avoid)

SSD 128+

decent mobo Z170 class ( Asus ROG series would be my pick )

Cases:

I was using Chieftec for a very long time and went with Corsair this time. I have to say, hardly any Case I saw can match the quality of a chieftec tower and steel, the Corsair's steel is like rubbish and front fans cant be taken out easily, all in all very disappointing when you are used to Chieftec sturdyness and ease of operation. My next builds will be Chieftec only, at least for my own needs.

Many towers look awesome, but when you lift that thing you can feel how they bend and twist, with or without hardware. I hate those cases and blame them for many mishaps and hardware going faulty..and it just feels strange. A proper tower doesnt bend twist or anything, its supposed to be rocksolid even if you knee on it with 1 knee only and having 100KG weight ( ME ! ). I would not dare to do that on any other tower I have seen but Chieftec. I bet most would just crunch under my load, the chieftec doesnt even squeek or bend or anything, it took it ever since. Still having 1 of those as my current replacement rig and I really love it, thinking I give my Corsair tower away...its rubbish , looks cool but the rest is questionable under professional aspect.

soon the Z270 will come out, along with 7th series i5/i7 CPU....if you can hold 6-10 weeks do so and check the 7700k CPU.

Edited by BitMaster

Gigabyte Aorus X570S Master - Ryzen 5900X - Gskill 64GB 3200/CL14@3600/CL14 - Asus 1080ti EK-waterblock - 4x Samsung 980Pro 1TB - 1x Samsung 870 Evo 1TB - 1x SanDisc 120GB SSD - Heatkiller IV - MoRa3-360LT@9x120mm Noctua F12 - Corsair AXi-1200 - TiR5-Pro - Warthog Hotas - Saitek Combat Pedals - Asus PG278Q 27" QHD Gsync 144Hz - Corsair K70 RGB Pro - Win11 Pro/Linux - Phanteks Evolv-X 

@mwheeler: your initial proposed configuration is ... how to say... a crap :). Take my comment in a constructive way. You are not saving money with that build on long term, but exactly opposite.

Have a look on the above Bitmaster proposal and keep asking. Be constructive, guys here will guide you.

Assembling a computer these days is quite straight forward.

Romanian Community for DCS World

HW Specs: AMD 7900X, 64GB RAM, RTX 4090, HOTAS Virpil, MFG, CLS-E, custom

Can anyone give some feedback on this system and the features of it to effectively run DCS 2.0? I don't know much about computers but it looks like it has more than enough to be good for it.

The first question is whats your budget ?

and would you be comfortable building it yourself or would you prefer to buy a ready made unit ?

and will this solely be for DCS or do you have other uses for it :)

Water cooled i9-9900K | Maximus Code XI MB | RTX3090  | 64GB | HP Reverb G2 

Sorry guys a lot of what you are saying is like chinese to me.... I don't understand any of that stuff. I have never been good with computers. I did some more research and found two other ones that look OK, but one has a AMD Radeon R9 370 2GB video card versus an Nvidia card...

I'll add RAM to it to make it 16gb at least (both at 8gb now), but what do you think of these two? The other has a NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960 2GB GDDR5 video card but is a little more expensive.

And yes this is going to be only for DCS...

http://www.microcenter.com/product/469096/M32CD_Desktop_Computer_Factory_Recertified

Radeon one

http://www.microcenter.com/product/455845/G11CD-US009T_Desktop_Computer

Nvidia one