Fighter ops coming soon.

theGozr

i didn't hear anything about a release anytime soon, unless something was mentioned in the area 51 section. what made you say that? they did say they planned to get the first release by the end of the year, but they said on the forum its going to be delayed becaus its such a massive project.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

mmm screenshots and stuff don't look very inspiring..."nice", but not inspiring. If the initial release has the Tuscan training a/c etc....its not really "fighter ops" so much, as "training ops"....though thats a very un-exicting title I agree.

Wait and see I guess ;) I'll usually have a go at most sims.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

487th Helicopter Attack Regiment, of the

VVS504 Red Hammers

Guest IguanaKing
As long as the ejection seats work, I'll fly that damned propeller driven deathtrap. :P

Any details on the package/download version? and any detailed list of things included in the 1st release?

the FAQ is vague, and appears a bit outdated

Propeller driven deathtrap? LOL. The new T-6A Texan is a Pilatus PC-9, and its quite the well-built, easy-flying aircraft. From what I understand, its the T-38 that is a hand-full. Well-built...but its not as easy to keep the pointy end into the wind. :)

Any details on the package/download version? and any detailed list of things included in the 1st release?

the FAQ is vague, and appears a bit outdated

Well for the first release it should look like that :

You will be able to fly either the T-6A or the T-38C. Their will be a complete (and as accurate as it is) training syllabus where you will first do your UPT training to learn the flight basics, formations, etc in the T-6. Once this is complete you will jump to IFF in the T-38C where I think you will learn the combat basics.

Then when the combat aircrafts will be finished you will jump to FTU training where you will learn almost everything you need to know about the aircraft you will have picked (F-16, F-15C/E or A-10). The combat aircrafts are included in the price of the first release so they could be downloaded for free once they are done. At least that's how it was up to recently but I don't think it's going to change.

You will also get the whole world modelled (and it will be spherical just like FSX) so virtually all airports in the world are there and you could do some free flights in your home town if you wish! Although theses airports won't be as detailed as the ones where the training will take place since this will be the focus of the first release.

All cockpits will be 3d pits. And I think all of them will support 6 DOF (not sure on this one though)

So I think that's about the way it's gonna look like. I may be missing a few things but you get the main points.

Competition is good. However, I don't forsee FO being able to compete with Lockon and its successors, since Eagle Dynamics has such a head start over Lead Pursuit.

Lead Pursuit isn't developing FO though. :)

LP has the lead of everyone IMO as they have in their possession the ultimate DC (my favorite part of F4, not the complex avionics). Adding graphics to that would be pretty sweet (just improved, not necessarily cutting edge, I still want consistently high FPS in a flight sim).

Lock On has the mission recorder / playback system which I believe will return my favorite feature of Hornet Korea and Jane's USAF. I'm looking at new PCs now which can run Lock On comfortably.

--

Mark

FighterOps? *yawns*

anytime but soon... sorry

51PVO Founding member (DEC2007-)

100KIAP Founding member (DEC2018-)

:: Shaman aka [100☭] Shamansky

tail# 44 or 444

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] 100KIAP Regiment Early Warning & Control officer

No. people decide themselves to donate $25 (a year) to help them develop fighterops. No one makes them.

With monthly compos with expensive prizes and a reduction in price for the sim itself, it is not money wasted. IMHO area 51 members are flight sim enthusiasts putting a little of their money to help the small niche that is flight sims.

Too bad its a boring ass F16 :( Dunno why I never liked that bird.

F15 yea, F18 yea....F16 borring!!!

*Puts on the flame suit jumps in his mig-25 and tries to escape the earth's gravity pull. *

:Core2Duo @ 435FSB x 7 3.05GHz : ATI x1900xtx: 2GB Patriot @ 435Mhz : WD 250Gb UATA: Seagate 320Gb SATA2: X-Fi Platinum:

Well it's an ambitious project, and I sincerely hope they pull it off successfully........ But I'll believe it when I see it. It's been in the works for so long now it's hard to be optimistic about it.

Also, considering the timescale Fighter Ops development has covered already, the "modular" design is a bit of a concern. I doubt I'd be the only one to say I'd definately buy it..... but only after module two or three becomes available. I certianly won't buy into it until the combat aircraft are available and some indication as to the quality of the campaign has been published (ie: independant reviews etc).

I'll keep my fingers crossed....... but I won't be holding my breath.

*Puts on the flame suit jumps in his mig-25 and tries to escape the earth's gravity pull. *

This is a question of taste I guess. Personaly I dont think F-16 is borring, it was made to be the fighter pilots dream plane. Falcons are one of the slickest fighters with the most atittude out there. Some of its historical missions are like legends. Currently the best all round multirole fighter on the planet, do it all plane. No idea at all why it is borring.

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

F-16 is also the only aircraft where the most information on weapon systems and avionics is available. Its also the most user friendly aircraft with the best situational awareness. Theres also alot of features on the F-16 which make it the best aircraft for a sim. Its also the best aircraft to make a home cockpit for as all of the components can now be bought or made for it.:thumbup:

[sIGPIC]2011subsRADM.jpg

[/sIGPIC]

Well for the first release it should look like that :

You will be able to fly either the T-6A or the T-38C. Their will be a complete (and as accurate as it is) training syllabus where you will first do your UPT training to learn the flight basics, formations, etc in the T-6. Once this is complete you will jump to IFF in the T-38C where I think you will learn the combat basics.

Then when the combat aircrafts will be finished you will jump to FTU training where you will learn almost everything you need to know about the aircraft you will have picked (F-16, F-15C/E or A-10). The combat aircrafts are included in the price of the first release so they could be downloaded for free once they are done. At least that's how it was up to recently but I don't think it's going to change.

You will also get the whole world modelled (and it will be spherical just like FSX) so virtually all airports in the world are there and you could do some free flights in your home town if you wish! Although theses airports won't be as detailed as the ones where the training will take place since this will be the focus of the first release.

All cockpits will be 3d pits. And I think all of them will support 6 DOF (not sure on this one though)

So I think that's about the way it's gonna look like. I may be missing a few things but you get the main points.

I've heard FO will feature 6dof someone mentioned it on the forums somewhere.

[sIGPIC]2011subsRADM.jpg

[/sIGPIC]

Fighter Ops will see my money only if they build more flyable then USA airplanes. Mirage, Jaguar, MiG, Sukhoi anything so as that we can have competing technologies to talk and fly about.

Maybe, Fighter Ops are targeting US market only?

Thermaltake Kandalf LCS | Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R | Etasis ET750 (850W Max) | i7-920 OC to 4.0 GHz | Gigabyte HD5850 | OCZ Gold 6GB DDR3 2000 | 2 X 30GB OCZ Vertex SSD in RAID 0 | ASUS VW266H 25.5" | LG Blue Ray 10X burner | TIR 5 | Saitek X-52 Pro | Logitech G930 | Saitek Pro flight rudder pedals | Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit

This is a question of taste I guess. Personaly I dont think F-16 is borring, it was made to be the fighter pilots dream plane. Falcons are one of the slickest fighters with the most atittude out there. Some of its historical missions are like legends. Currently the best all round multirole fighter on the planet, do it all plane. No idea at all why it is borring.

Dont get me wrong. Its a stellar aircraft, I just dont like it. Personal thing. I think its ugly and it doesnt excite me.

I come from sim racing, which deals with cars which is all about "soul" not speed:P And I just dont see it in the Falcon.

:Core2Duo @ 435FSB x 7 3.05GHz : ATI x1900xtx: 2GB Patriot @ 435Mhz : WD 250Gb UATA: Seagate 320Gb SATA2: X-Fi Platinum:

Fighter Ops will see my money only if they build more flyable then USA airplanes. Mirage, Jaguar, MiG, Sukhoi anything so as that we can have competing technologies to talk and fly about.

Maybe, Fighter Ops are targeting US market only?

They are planned but dont expect to see them anytime soon after rleease because they will be addons to be released later.

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P