Fighter ops coming soon.

theGozr

Too bad its a boring ass F16 :( Dunno why I never liked that bird.

F15 yea, F18 yea....F16 borring!!!

*Puts on the flame suit jumps in his mig-25 and tries to escape the earth's gravity pull. *

I don't agree the F-16 looks boring, I'd rather say the F-15 looks boring (mig-25 too, but it has a nice profile when looked from the top, looks evil). The F-16, in its clean configuration, looks very, very, well, sexy (even better with female pilot). As for the F-18, well, its noisy, and looks rugged, does nice AoA, but no feelings toward it, it does great displays though. If I had to choose from the F-15, F-16, and F-18, I would pick the F-16, but only for the looks, and awesome engine noise. The b60 F-16 with CFTs has some kind of a beauty to it as well, it looks more like a shark now.

Now that falcon is old, I can no longer say: "Teh f-16 has been done too much". Go FO, go lomac, go Evil M$ FS-X with free amulet of doom to summon your own helpdesk demon. :lol:

• Like 1

Creedence Clearwater Revival:worthy:

F-16 is for girls and girlish men.

Like red ferrari.

51PVO Founding member (DEC2007-)

100KIAP Founding member (DEC2018-)

:: Shaman aka [100☭] Shamansky

tail# 44 or 444

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] 100KIAP Regiment Early Warning & Control officer

Too bad its a boring ass F16 :( Dunno why I never liked that bird.

F15 yea, F18 yea....F16 borring!!!

I agree .. I just don’t like the Falcon; single engine strike fighters just don’t interest me. I cant believe the USAF chose the F16 over the F18 :( I’m just glad the USN decided to stick with the Hornet.

I’ll still buy FO though once it becomes a combat sim but I'm not interested in the training thing.

Cozmo.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Minimum effort, maximum satisfaction.

CDDS Tutorial Version 3. | Main Screen Mods.

I agree .. I just don’t like the Falcon; single engine strike fighters just don’t interest me. I cant believe the USAF chose the F16 over the F18 :(

It didnt. It was the F-17.

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

It didnt. It was the F-17.

It’s basically the same thing .. well kind of .. The YF-17 prototype was originally a technical demonstrator, as was the YF-16 so I assume the USAF would have been aware of the direction Northrop were going to take with the development.

Cozmo.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

It’s basically the same thing .. well kind of .. The YF-17 prototype was originally a technical demonstrator, as was the YF-16 so I assume the USAF would have been aware of the direction Northrop were going to take with the development.

Nope! your wrong on both accounts. The F-17 Cobra was to be an operational fighter of F-16 class aircraft for the airforce. It was years later that the navy requirments led to development on the F-18 for carrier use wich was loosly based on F-17 engeneering. For all intents and purposes it was a whole new aircraft with very different capabilities than those the airforce trialed with the Cobra. F-17 was much smaller had a much simpler cockpit, no FBW, no BVR reach and lighter undercarriage.

The F-17 program was already a thing of the past when the navy came forward with the requests. The F-17 has as much in comon with the F-18 as the F-35 had to the F-22. Same engineering solutions for similar problems.

The YF-17 was the demosntrator for the F-17 as the YF-16 was to F-16 and YF-22 was to the Raptor. Northrop never came with the idea nor anticipated that the YF-17 was going to demonstrate anything for carrier borne fighters. Nor did the airforce. ;)

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

I’ll still buy FO though once it becomes a combat sim but I'm not interested in the training thing.

This will be fun to watch online:D BTW I think XSI is planning on eventually doing the Hornet at some stage.

[sIGPIC]2011subsRADM.jpg

[/sIGPIC]

Nope! your wrong on both accounts. The F-17 Cobra was to be an operational fighter of F-16 class aircraft for the airforce. It was years later that the navy requirments led to development on the F-18 for carrier use wich was loosly based on F-17 engeneering. For all intents and purposes it was a whole new aircraft with very different capabilities than those the airforce trialed with the Cobra. F-17 was much smaller had a much simpler cockpit, no FBW, no BVR reach and lighter undercarriage.

The F-17 program was already a thing of the past when the navy came forward with the requests. The F-17 has as much in comon with the F-18 as the F-35 had to the F-22. Same engineering solutions for similar problems.

The YF-17 was the demosntrator for the F-17 as the YF-16 was to F-16 and YF-22 was to the Raptor. Northrop never came with the idea nor anticipated that the YF-17 was going to demonstrate anything for carrier borne fighters. Nor did the airforce. ;)

Ah OK .. The way I understood things were that half way through development naval specifications were required from the YF16 and YF17. My understanding was that the YF-17 was a derivative of the cobra.

This will be fun to watch online:D BTW I think XSI is planning on eventually doing the Hornet at some stage.

I wont go online with FO not knowing how to start up the engines lol Its just that I do enough procedural flying in FS9 and the thought of just flying around in a combat sim doesn’t interest me. I’ll wait for the F16/15/E and get both the Trainer and the fighter in one go.

F18 .. oh man I hope so and I hope that will bring some kind of naval aspect to FO as well.

Cozmo.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Yeah !!! I certainly remember the day that FO released their intentions, and they specifically stated that it would only take them a year to complete the build.... :smilewink:

Well its been so long that I've forgotten just how long its been.....

And come to think of it this isn't the only sim thats takeing forever to release..:unsure:

It seems that all of them are haveing some sort of issues....

And the excuse that all of us are saying is that they will most lkely start pumping them out for the end of the year buying season...:xmas:

But you know I haven't really heard from any of the developers in quite some time.

This must be the new way of doing business, just avoid the customers completley...

Where I come from this method will cause the customer to walk out of the store...:music_whistling:

I certainly hope that this isn't what all of these developers intentions are....

So come on don't leave us in the dark guys, give us a little news and I don't mean more screen shots... What are the proposals, if any.... :thumbup:

~S~

Blaze

intel Cor i7-6700K

ASUS ROG MAX VIII Extreme

G.Skill TridentZ Series 32 GB

Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SATA II

ASUS GTX 1080/DIRECTX 12

Windows 10 PRO

Thrustmaster Warthog

Oculus Rift VR

Yeah the Mig25 is ugly. True dat! But there are two categories of ugly.

1. Ugly motherf*****

2. Fukly. as in ugly but fckable.

The F-16s fall into category 1 where as all Mig variants falls into cat 2.

ED have been taking my money since 1995. :P

Cmon guys, all planes are beautiful. You call yourself an aviation jock? If its not “slick” or "agile" whatever, then it has inner beauty. I like the looks of even the most bizarre looking planes like the Beluga or the An-225. They may not be slick but they sure kick ass in their roles.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Cmon guys, all planes are beautiful. You call yourself an aviation jock? If its not “slick” or "agile" whatever, then it has inner beauty. I like the looks of even the most bizarre looking planes like the Beluga or the An-225. They may not be slick but they sure kick ass in their roles.

I agree with you but personally I prefer twin engine fighters/ strike fighters, like I said before I am glad the USN developed the F18 and decided against the F16… although I do like the F35 ;) . I’d still fly the Falcon in a future LO product or FO but I would much prefer the Strike/Eagle or Hornet…. its all good though the more flyables the better.

Cozmo.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Yeah !!! I certainly remember the day that FO released their intentions, and they specifically stated that it would only take them a year to complete the build.... :smilewink:

Well its been so long that I've forgotten just how long its been.....

And come to think of it this isn't the only sim thats takeing forever to release..:unsure:

It seems that all of them are haveing some sort of issues....

And the excuse that all of us are saying is that they will most lkely start pumping them out for the end of the year buying season...:xmas:

But you know I haven't really heard from any of the developers in quite some time.

This must be the new way of doing business, just avoid the customers completley...

Where I come from this method will cause the customer to walk out of the store...:music_whistling:

I certainly hope that this isn't what all of these developers intentions are....

So come on don't leave us in the dark guys, give us a little news and I don't mean more screen shots... What are the proposals, if any.... :thumbup:

~S~

Blaze

They release Developers diarys every month on the forum so we are not exactly in the dark are we. Last month two members of the XSI team went for a flight in T38s which will help in the development of FO.

[sIGPIC]2011subsRADM.jpg

[/sIGPIC]

They release Developers diarys every month on the forum so we are not exactly in the dark are we. Last month two members of the XSI team went for a flight in T38s which will help in the development of FO.

I wasn't actually refering to FO specifically, but more so this one here...:(

But my real point is that there hasn't been any new releases of flight sims in quite some time.. :disgust:

Allthough FO looks like it has a long way to go.. But whats happening with Microsofts new one, it was to be released this month and as far as I know its been been completed and sent to the publishers for packageing and distribution... :detective_2:

Allthough I love flight simming of all kinds, I really hate setbacks of release dates as I'm sure we all do (but thats beyound the developers control I guess)....

Hopefully as technology progress these issues will be resolved ....

intel Cor i7-6700K

ASUS GTX 1080/DIRECTX 12

Windows 10 PRO

Thrustmaster Warthog

Oculus Rift VR

When its released, I will buy it. Just like any other higher fidelity sim. I have never heard of any release date projection besides end of 2006.

I know everyone loves giving every sim developer a hard time about release dates, but if you can do better well then give up an application. Until then I say STFU! Not to be mean, but I hate hearing people b*tch about release dates.

From developers diary:

"Some time ago we gave a guestimate of a release timeframe around Q4 of 2006, at this stage we are probably a few months behind schedule from where we would like to be to hit that target, however we are still at a stage where the end point can shift significantly in either direction, therefore it is still a little early for us to be able to give any update or revision to that guestimate. The good news though is that we have a couple of initiatives in the pipeline which could dramatically shorten the timeframes we are working with."

Anyway, back to the original topic, i still don't know why did Gozr said its coming soon?

This was on the FO forum

Some time ago we gave a guestimate of a release timeframe around Q4 of 2006, at this stage we are probably a few months behind schedule from where we would like to be to hit that target, however we are still at a stage where the end point can shift significantly in either direction, therefore it is still a little early for us to be able to give any update or revision to that guestimate. The good news though is that we have a couple of initiatives in the pipeline which could dramatically shorten the timeframes we are working with.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Competition isn't good. FO makes lock-on look stupid in every way.

Considering how long ago LOMAC was released, if Fighter Ops DOESN'T do what you suggest then it's going to be a failure.

In the meantime the new projects are underway. THOSE are likely to be the projects Fighter Ops will have to compete with.

When its released, I will buy it. Just like any other higher fidelity sim. I have never heard of any release date projection besides end of 2006.

I know everyone loves giving every sim developer a hard time about release dates, but if you can do better well then give up an application. Until then I say STFU! Not to be mean, but I hate hearing people b*tch about release dates.

From developers diary:

"Some time ago we gave a guestimate of a release timeframe around Q4 of 2006, at this stage we are probably a few months behind schedule from where we would like to be to hit that target, however we are still at a stage where the end point can shift significantly in either direction, therefore it is still a little early for us to be able to give any update or revision to that guestimate. The good news though is that we have a couple of initiatives in the pipeline which could dramatically shorten the timeframes we are working with."

Well I haven't really complained much here about anything and seeing as how long I've been in this forum.. And since I've actually contributed to this flight sim I think that I can vent a little now and then....:sly:

I can't it stand when beta testers come into the forums and play like there all knowing and above the frey... :D

So allow me to do this occasionaly, OK, Thank You

intel Cor i7-6700K

ASUS GTX 1080/DIRECTX 12

Windows 10 PRO

Thrustmaster Warthog

Oculus Rift VR

Competition isn't good. FO makes lock-on look stupid in every way.

From what I see Lockon BlackShark is setting a new standard in avionics and 3d pit that everyone else will try to match. Lockon is still the best eye-candy of any sim.

[sIGPIC]2011subsRADM.jpg

[/sIGPIC]