NTTR slow down???

When I finally installed more memory and a SSD for NTTR DCS2.0 I was finally getting performance close to 1.5 which is running smooth as silk on my system.

But over the last few updates of 2.0 and NTTR I've noticed more and more stuttering in the frame rates for all the missions. I've even shut down unused processes etc in Task Manager but no real help.

Has anyone else seen this ??

Please don't go into a long dissertation about my config etc..... just tell me if anyone else running Win 7 64bit on any GPU is seeing the same performance slow down happen over the last several updates.

Nothing has changed on my system, 1.5 runs like silk and 2.0 was running great but now stutters like crazy.

I have seen something to this effect. It may simply be placebo, but I didn't seen to get the same frames I got in high until stepping them down to medium. I don't pay enough attention to change logs to know if fidelity increased for high, but I will say "high" seems a bit more sticky.

That said, if you're comparing Georgia to NTTR the reason is likely the higher levels of geometry from a large scale city (especially if you're taking off from Nellis) vs the more clustered small towns of Georgia.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

I totally understand the settings and everything else. But the changes seem to have taken place over the last couple of updates. Georgia is still running just fine but nttr is getting a really doggy, and nothing else has changed. I truly hope they optimize the new version before final release. I'm sure some of the developers probably know the reason for this slow down. I'll be upgrading the system shortly so it's not a major issue and 2.0 is still in beta test. But from when I first installed it to now the performance seems to be going downhill. All the updates to 1.5 have been fine and performance has not dropped at all. I guess this is just a heads up to the Developers.

I have the same issues. 2.0 ran smoothly on it's initial release, but now with the latest update stutters as hell. I just upgraded my pc to 16gb ram, but no difference, stutters still appear (especially when flying a turn). When i look at my ressources monitor i think the hdd is the bottleneck here. I only have a shdd and no real ssd, but this is really strange!

Btw, 1.5 runs absoloutly smooth!

GeForce RTX 4090 Founders Edition - AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D - 64Gb RAM - Win11 - HP Reverb G1 - Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS (40cm extension) - VKB Sim T-Rudder MKIV Pedals

1.5 is not good and im running a high end rig, 2.0 is so much smoother

Yes, but 1.5.x is far better that 1.2.x, if you have a high-end graphics card, because that's where the processing has been moved to.

When you hit the wrong button on take-off

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler
System board: MSI X670E ACE Memory: 64GB DDR5-6000 G.Skill Ripjaw System disk: Crucial P5 M.2 2TB
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D PSU: Corsair HX1200 PSU Monitor: ASUS MG279Q, 27"
CPU cooling: Noctua NH-D15S Graphics card: MSI RTX 3090Ti SuprimX VR: Oculus Rift CV1

Yes, but 1.5.x is far better that 1.2.x, if you have a high-end graphics card, because that's where the processing has been moved to.

yes 1.5 is better looking but Im running a 1080 and its stutter is terrible compared to 2.0, I find 2.0 takes a little longer to draw the terrain but 2.0 is alpha.

How about saving your input file in and trashing the rest in User/Saved Games.

Let DCS World rebuild them and replace your saved input file, I do this every update and both versions run 60fps vsync locked

MoBo Asus TUF X570-Plus (Wi-Fi) / CPU AMD Ryzen 9 5900X / GPU Asus TUF RTX3080 / RAM 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4 @ 3600MHz / V-NAND SSD 1TB Samsung 970 EVO NVMe M.2 / PSU Corsair RM750 / CPU Cooler Corsair H100i Platinum / OS Win 10 :pilotfly: 

Well after an update in 1.5 or 2.0 I always go into my User/Saved Games file and delete all files within the DCS folder, but make sure I save to desktop the input folder found in the User/Saved Games/DCS/Config folder to save the control inputs.

I then restart DCS World and the deleted folders are rebuilt, I then close the sim and put the input folder back into the config folder.

The only time I've had decreased performance is if I haven't done these steps.

I hope this helps

MoBo Asus TUF X570-Plus (Wi-Fi) / CPU AMD Ryzen 9 5900X / GPU Asus TUF RTX3080 / RAM 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4 @ 3600MHz / V-NAND SSD 1TB Samsung 970 EVO NVMe M.2 / PSU Corsair RM750 / CPU Cooler Corsair H100i Platinum / OS Win 10 :pilotfly: 

In 2.0.3.57442 (the latest version) my lowest frame rate is about 65 fps and that's skimming the tree top over Las Vegas at 550 km/h IAS. Over the desert, dogfighting, I'm always way above 100 fps. When I cruise over flat desert areas it goes up to 180. And it's always totally fluid.

In 1.5 I have very similar performance. Over the open sea I hit 185 fps, while at tree-top level over the city it goes below 70 but never below 60 fps.

As you see from my signature, I have only 8 GB of RAM, and a relatively modest NVIDIA 970 graphics card.

My monitor (2560 x 1440) is set to G-sync which I guess is well matched to the NVIDIA card, at a screen refresh rate of 144 Hz which gave me the best performance.

So it seems that super-duper graphic cards and huge memory are not really needed to get good performance. Maybe I have (by luck) hit a good combination.

PS: I don't go through the process of deleting files from Saved Games after updates.

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5

• 2 weeks later...

Any outcome of deleting the files? I also have issues with bad FPS. I will give this a try as well.

Edit: Did it and it helped me. Figured out that an old export.lua in the scripts folder caused the problem. It was from Helios times I guess. Now I use 3 screens without it.

Thanks a lot for the advice.

Edited by xoxen

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D, MSI MPG X570 Gaming Plus, 64GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4-3600 CL16, Asus TUF Gaming RTX 4080 OC, Windows 10 64bit Home Premium, TrackIR 5 with TrackClip: Pro!, Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base + TM Warthog Stick + 7cm extension + WINWING Orion 2 with F-15EX grips, Cougar MFDs with 8" displays, Saitek Rudder Pedals, Samsung Odyssey G9 49" 5120x1440 @120 Hz

• 2 weeks later...

Really struggled with the latest NTTR frames in VR. Reminded me of the Mig21 bug when you looked at the cockpit, seemed more "friendly" when looking over your wing. Can anyone check the view to the side isnt as low in FPS? im on Nvidia 375.70 version (someone said the latest had issues) I use ASW on a 1070 and this is comparitively MUCH slower in performance to the point where im not going to use VR in this version of OA.

SIMPLE SCENERY SAVING * SIMPLE GROUP SAVING * SIMPLE STATIC SAVING *

Really struggled with the latest NTTR frames in VR. Reminded me of the Mig21 bug when you looked at the cockpit, seemed more "friendly" when looking over your wing. Can anyone check the view to the side isnt as low in FPS? im on Nvidia 375.70 version (someone said the latest had issues) I use ASW on a 1070 and this is comparitively MUCH slower in performance to the point where im not going to use VR in this version of OA.

Theres a thread in the bugs section on mobile, Im getting no fps hits in trackir think its a VR problem

for me 1.5 is a disaster and 2.0 is very smooth

Same here. Yesterday's NTTR update runs silky smooth, even better than the previous iteration of NTTR. However, 1.5.x is far less smooth.

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

I experienced this last night. I was running from 125 to 150 FPS and all a sudden I went down to 8 FPS which lasted until I Alt, Cont, Deleted to bring up the task manager. This happened twice during a short flight and only cleared after bringing up the task manager. I was just cruising over open desert with no towns in the view. The weirdest part was that it cleared up after I opened the task manager which I thought would make matters worse. I am running a 4.0 I-7 with 32 gb of ram and a Z-170MB I have the most recent NTTR download 2.0.4.

Edited by Pinefang

Hi Pikey,

Just did the update to 2.04 and I use VR as well.... getting a slide show of 14 FPS even at toonapah with not much in the way of scenery as well..terrible!! I then tried the same flight using the monitor with VR switched off and getting a nice 120-130 FPS.. so definitely seems to be a VR thing... quick question are you using WIN 7? or 10?