C4ISR and CAS (compatible with Recon Gazelle)

ESAc_matador

C4ISR and CAS.

First of all, thanks to GRIMES, CIRIBOB, FLIGHTCONTROL, SHAGRAT, CHROMIUM, MBOT, and many many many others. Because I learned from you and I steal few snipets here and there, or I am simply using your job, one way or another.

Well guys, this is the last script I have finnished… In my opinión together with the Gazelle Recon Script, there is a before and after Combined Operations. I always wondered, why DCS doesn’t have more options in the F10 map for the ground units, such as, Smoke, Illum, Lase or lase targets. We can send our flights to attack enemy units in F10, but many of us, does like to fly with Fog of War…

THe good point of this script is that this works for and most type of missions. From a single troops insertion, a Recon flight, CAS, MEdevac etc, etc. And ALL modules with no exception. You can use it if you are an attack aircraft or Helicopter, or transport, but also if you are a fighter.

You can play CAP missions, doing your orbit, and managing the ground war by simple orders and going to the F10 map every once in a while. Then you order you CAS flights to attack, and you just protect them from every enemy it might come.

It is very very funny for missions with just 3 or 4 pilots. If you take into account that there could be a ground war, and CAS flights by sipmply using 3 or 4 commands.

With this script you will be able to:

a) Get enemy report. It will give you the situation LAT LONG, Bullseye, Quantity and type of units in every group that is Line of Sight (LOS) at certain distance. (you have to put a trigger zone in called BEB in the Mission Editor, I recommend you to put it over the Bullseye of the Mission Editor)

b) Illum enemy groups that are inside 5km and any friendly units has Line of Sight (LOS) with them

c) Smoke enemy groups that that are inside 5km and any friendly units has Line of Sight (LOS) with them

d) Lase whatever enemy unit that is LOS and closer than 15km. Once you finished the lasing, you have to manually switch it off.

e) Ask for Close Air Support. You can order a given flight (called CAS1, CAS2, CAS3, CAS4) to attack any unit reported by our ground group. It means, any unit that is LOS.

f) Also, it will advise you every 5 minutes if there is any enemy 5 kms from our troops. This is like the alert.

The script works with all ground units. For LASING it will work only if the group name of the Lasing Group is “lasing1”, “lasing2”, “extract1”,”extract2” or “espia1” . Feel free to edit the .lua file, I line 187:

local bluelasinggroups = {'lasing1', 'lasing2', 'extract1', 'extract2', 'espia1'}

you can add few more at will. In fact you can lase with whatever aircraft or UAV. What is really interesting, is that you can LASE with any player aircraft or helicopter!!! (yeah!! I know you wanted something like this!!!). For the moment the LASER code is 1688. I ll try to do it configurable. You can do various LASINGS at ONCE, so when I can configure the code, various aircrafts can attack at the same time.

All functions works the following way. You order to load the targets into the F10 menu radio, and then you look for the Targets to smoke, illum, or whatever... The philosophy is always the same. Load and then Execute.

If you Load target twice, there could be a problem, so you have to reset. And the F10 menu will be cleared. So, remember, Load, and then Execute.

For CAS Flights, as mentioned, you have to give them a name CAS1, CAS2, etc. And to make them to fly a route... I strongly recommend you to put two waypoints, and in the second wp in advanced task put them switch to wp1. You can give them whatever else order, such as, avoid defenses, use of ECM, whatever.

In CAS Flights, you can also cancel attacks to make them come back to their orbits, if you want so. If not, they will attack the enmies until they are destroyed. SOme times they dont attack if the enemy defences are strong with SAMs... therefore, you can change the advanced task to avoid abort mission.

How to make it work??

- Install “MIST.lua”, “CTLD.lua”and “C4ISR and CAS.lua”.

- Edit up to four Flights called CAS1, CAS2, CAS3 and CAS4 (group name and unit name should be the same). They will answer your CAS calls.

- Edit the JTACs with the group names given above or edit the .lua file to suit your desire.

- Put a trigger zone called “BEB” on top of the Bullseye from the Mission editor. This will be used to give you references BE when the ground units are reporting.

I need to polish and improve some things, but now, the script is really usefull and enjoyable!!!

If you can improve it, or give some ideas, just let me know!!!!

ESA_Matador

FIX 1.01.

* Now, there is a message when lasing.

* Bug fixed when you dont put all lasing groups in the ME.

FIX 1.02.

* Now, previous start Lasing, you can define the laser code from 1658, 1668,1678 and 1688 during game. So... if you have a flght of two or three M2000 or F5... you can drop the bomb at once!!! but dont forget to configure the bombs before start!!!!!! (F5 can put the laser code from ramp, M2000 from ME)

C4ISR and CAS.miz

C4ISR and CAS1.02.lua

Edited by ESAc_matador

Nice! I'll have a look at this, the recon script for the Gazelle alone is pretty cool already...

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VIRPIL CM 50 Stick & Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

FIX 1.01.

* Now, there is a message when lasing.

* Bug fixed when you dont put all lasing groups in the ME

FIX 1.02.

* Now, previous start Lasing, you can define the laser code from 1658, 1668,1678 and 1688 during game. So... if you have a flght of two or three M2000 or F5... you can drop the bomb at once!!! but dont forget to configure the bombs before start!!!!!! (F5 can put the laser code from ramp, M2000 from ME)

• 1 year later...

I have been thinking.... how to improve this script.

To me, its a great tool, I use it a lot. But i always missed interaction with the JTACS... so far, we always work with bullseyes, etc.... but we never give terrain references. I have an idea.... I ll try to develop.

IDEA:

we can put some statics objects in the map via ME... a box, a car, or whatever, near a geografic terrain object, like river, lake, trees, whatever... or even to a specific building, or something that apears in the map.

Then, via a script like...

jtacreference("nameofobject", "name of the terrain object") we will introduce a list of terrain references, and they will be used as reference while sending the mesage to pilots

So if you put a Tree static object to use as point reference, close to a church you will write:

jtacreference("tree1","Northern Townville Church")

so the JTAC, will tell you when you ask for information...

10 enemies with ZSU23mm, trucks, infantry: at 500m North east from the "Norther Townville Church"

This will give you visual reference from the terrain... and whether you see them or not... just aim there, and shoot... this should not be difficult. But should be VERY very funny to have it via radio menu. So you can put as many references as you want... and the JTAC will get the closer point reference to the enemy.

What do you think guys? would not be awesome this type of intereaction with the JTACS?

Edited by ESAc_matador

Done!!

with little work, you can make amazing CAS flights!!!!

I ll do a little example, very simple, for you to try with our brand new Harrier!!! (or whatever else...).

The more references, you put, the more interesting... the Script will always look for the closer to the observed group.

I have a picture, but I cant attach right now.. i ll edit this post to show you.

Tomorrow will be available.

Seems to work for me.

Edited by ESAc_matador
  • Like 1