MiG-15bis control problems

zerO_crash

Have mentioned this problem before, but had no .trk evidence. Have a look at attached file and notice how I pull my stick towards me (pitch up) whilst in cockpit stick moves full forward (pitch down). As also mentioned, there is sometimes (seldomly) a lag where you press trigger and nothing happens, depressing it and pressing again then registers and fires cannon.

As a side note, a mate of mine reported same issues but since he uses F2 view sometimes, he even mentioned that it would "lag" when switching to F2. And getting back to F1 (by pressing key) would sometimes not be registered so that he had to press F1 multiple times for it to register.

It should be mentioned that MiG-15Bis is the only module I have ever had such a problem with. None other, ever. Belsimtek, you guys gotta fix this, not sure what it is, but it certainly ain`t on my part. Will reinstall module, but pretty sure it`s not it.

.trk is from final 1.5.

server-20161102-103026.zip

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Yes, the elevator thing is a very odd bug. However, exactly how many times has it effected you in the air? My guess would be zero, as it only happens on the ground when you're sitting still. Not very high priority IMO.

I've never had the issue with lagged commands unless it's a core game thing.

DCS modules are built up to a spec, not down to a schedule.

In order to utilize a system to your advantage, you must know how it works.

Yes, the elevator thing is a very odd bug. However, exactly how many times has it effected you in the air? My guess would be zero, as it only happens on the ground when you're sitting still. Not very high priority IMO.

I've never had the issue with lagged commands unless it's a core game thing.

Referring to my old post, it doesn`t, but on the ground it does (when checking surfaces). It could very well be a reason for the other problem as well. And yes it is a very high priority, or should be, as it has been in here since MiG-15 released.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 1 month later...

Will this issue ever be fixed or not? Kind of confusing to perform a controllable surface check on the ground before takeoff and see that ailerons/elevator move only up, or only down...

If the track I posted isn`t sufficient, I`l provide another one. But this bug should have been fixed long ago. To make such an iconic bird suffer from this, shame on you! :joystick:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 2 weeks later...

Just bought the Mig-15. I noticed this bug, ended up here. I can't believe this would be hard to fix.

It does the same on both X and Y stick axies. Looks like: Xstickmodel = ABS(Xpcstick); Ystickmodel = ABS(Ypcstick);

Edited by Jack McCoy

i7-7700K@4.8GHz, 16Gb-3200, GTX-1080Ti-Strix-11Gb, Maximus IX Hero, Oculus Rift, Thrustmaster Warthog+F/A-18C, Logitech G940 Pedals.

• 2 weeks later...

(Nevada)

In this track I pull stick back at the beginning and never move it again, however ailerons have their own life. Also looks like they start to work when you're accelerating on runway.

About wings... In the 4.trk I push stick to the left and hold it all the way and let it go right before pulling up, It lives!!

Edited by Hydrox

• 1 month later...

It's something deep rooted in the compression/control stiffness code.

I noticed similar behavior on the spitfire when going backwards mid air (thanks to a stupidly strong wind) so it seems to be related to ground speed or true airspeed.

Sadly I don't think this is very high on their priority list as it doesn't interfere with the FM as long as you're moving.

DCS modules are built up to a spec, not down to a schedule.

In order to utilize a system to your advantage, you must know how it works.

• 1 month later...

Just noticed the same. As far as the aircraft is moving the controls are ok. When stationary the stick starts to shake aswell it's movement gets locked, usually in one quadrant. For example:

1. joystick right -> stick/axis right

2. joystick left -> stick/axis right

3. joystick up -> stick/axis down

4. joystick down - stick/axis down

This bug is consistent, happens every time regardless if the plane is started cold, hot or even on the runway. As soon as the plane starts to move everything gets back to normal but when stopped the bug comes back again.

I would say it's quite serious. I've spend a lot of time trying to figure out whats wrong and checking if my joystick is not broken until just by accident I've noticed that everything is fine when the plane starts to move.

F/A-18, F-16, F-14, M-2000C, A-10C, AV-8B, AJS-37 Viggen, F-5E-3, F-86F, MiG-21bis, MiG-15bis, L-39 Albatros, C-101 Aviojet, P-51D, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Bf 109 4-K, UH-1H, Mi-8, Ka-50, NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf... and not enough time to fully enjoy it all

• 7 months later...

IS there a resolution to this yet. I've never had this problem. However last night this showed up and now its a common problem. Is this mission dependant. Last night I was on the AO server - problem shows up. I connected to a different multiplayer server and the problem was gone. Any ideas?

• 4 months later...
  • 9 months later...

I just encountered this for the first time when prepping for takeoff. The MiG-15 was the first full sim module I ever messed with years ago. I don't know if I didn't encounter it, or simply didn't do the "control test" where you would see it, but it is very much alive and well.

I was freaking out thinking my controls were going dead *wipes brow* I'm both annoyed and relieved to see it's been around for years rofl

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2

Have mentioned this problem before, but had no .trk evidence. Have a look at attached file and notice how I pull my stick towards me (pitch up) whilst in cockpit stick moves full forward (pitch down). As also mentioned, there is sometimes (seldomly) a lag where you press trigger and nothing happens, depressing it and pressing again then registers and fires cannon.

As a side note, a mate of mine reported same issues but since he uses F2 view sometimes, he even mentioned that it would "lag" when switching to F2. And getting back to F1 (by pressing key) would sometimes not be registered so that he had to press F1 multiple times for it to register.

It should be mentioned that MiG-15Bis is the only module I have ever had such a problem with. None other, ever. Belsimtek, you guys gotta fix this, not sure what it is, but it certainly ain`t on my part. Will reinstall module, but pretty sure it`s not it.

.trk is from final 1.5.

This bug has been there for years and they have never fixed it, nor have they ever acknowledged the bug reports on that issue. It's not a blocking issue, however, still quite annoying.

System specs: Win7 x64 | CPU: i7-4770K | RAM: 16 GB | GPU: GTX 980 Ti 6 GB | Thrustmaster HOTAS | MFG rudder pedals | SATA3 SSD | TrackIR

• 5 weeks later...

Hello,

hope this works with the track.

Control helper in game represents the cockpit flight stick movement.

In fact I moved my joystick clockwise front right, back right, back left, front left a couple of times.

Sometimes it's okay, but moving the stick a couple of times the in game control stick movement ge's out of sync.

edit: Two more tracks. As soon as the plane is moving, it's okay. Stopping again, the problem re-appears. Visible from the outside too. I again moved the control stick clockwise in y and x axis. Elevator up movement was translated into elevator neutral to down movement.

Regards

Jens

MiG-15_control_movement.trk

MiG-15_control_2_no_back_movement.trk

MiG-15_control_movement_3.trk

Edited by gulredrel

• 1 month later...

Dogfight controls problem

Yesterday i want to fly dogfight in Mig15 but after 5-10 seconds my plane cause absolutely uncontrolable and explode in sea. Other modules are OK. Control is good in Free flight too. I try different speed but problem still persist.. My config, Oculus rift + x52 pro + saitek rudders.

Problems described above only appear on the ground. Once moving and in the air, I never had any control problems.

Could you please check controller assignments? Sometimes after an update or having a new module, some controller axis are bind to various in game axis. You have to delete the multiple assignments first.

The problem with the erratic movement of the stick is related to the weather condition.

If there is any wind setting at 10 mtr (& 500 mtr) the stick does not work correct when starting from the ramp (cold or hot).

Start from the runway or from a flyover point (even at 10 mtr) and all works well.

The solution for the moment is to put the wind on 0 (zero) mtr at 10 mtr level if you want to start from the ramp or parking.

Yesterday i want to fly dogfight in Mig15 but after 5-10 seconds my plane cause absolutely uncontrolable and explode in sea. Other modules are OK. Control is good in Free flight too. I try different speed but problem still persist.. My config, Oculus rift + x52 pro + saitek rudders.

What was your Mach number? Mig-15 becomes uncontrollable above .9 mach.

Bakterius, the problem the op wrote about is the stick twitching when on the ground. It only does it while stationary.

The MiG-15 at high mach numbers, which it seems you are indicating .8 to .9 mach, will roll either left or right until your speed comes down, and yes can cause you to crash, overspeed, etc. You cannot counteract it, as it's an aerodynamic effect from the aircraft not being perfectly symmetrical. It's not a bug, the real aircraft do it, too.

If you slow down and the problem goes away, this is what you're experiencing. If it continues even after slowing down, then you may have a control issue or other problem.

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...

Axis Stuck, Until Aircraft Moves.

I've had this issue forever so it is about time I report it....

Not every time and not every axis, but dependent on the mission.... your axis would bug out and not comply with your joystick movement, enabling movement only towards one side.

For example you try to move the stick forward and aft, but in-game it only moves forward... Same can happen to the roll plain.

The moment you start moving your aircraft, it fixes its self!

MiG-15 axis bug.trk

MiG-15 axis bug #2.trk

'Shadow'

Everybody gotta be offended and take it personally now-a-days