Made my pre-purchase!!!

:cheer3nc: Bought! immediately!... juts the time to grab the credit card... :santa: and now, Great Masters of the best Flying simulator (DCS), tell us, when will we see the long waited terrain module? the one suitable to fly 2WW airplanes? you know we all need of it, please, hurry up. :worthy:

MFW I'm a steam player :cry::helpsmilie:

Oh man dude consoling.gif

When you hit the wrong button on take-off

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler
System board: MSI X670E ACE Memory: 64GB DDR5-6000 G.Skill Ripjaw System disk: Crucial P5 M.2 2TB
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D PSU: Corsair HX1200 PSU Monitor: ASUS MG279Q, 27"
CPU cooling: Noctua NH-D15S Graphics card: MSI RTX 3090Ti SuprimX VR: Oculus Rift CV1

Because it tells you the release date. :doh:
Thank you mate (again :lol:). Today finally the lost newsletter appeared, a bit late since I ordered Spit yesterday though :thumbup:.

S!

"I went into the British Army believing that if you want peace you must prepare for war. I believe now that if you prepare for war, you get war."

-- Major-General Frederick B. Maurice

But sorry I don't understand on 16 december is release date or only end the bonus price.....

cpu:I7-6700k Z170 16GB Ram DDR4 Gtx 1080 8Gb DDR5 11GBs SSD 500 Gb 2 HDD 1Tb Evga supernova G2 850w Case Bequiet series 800 Silent base Win 10 pro 64 bit

My wishlist: F-35/B-17G/F4U Corsair/Yak-3/P-40B Tomahawk

Thank you mate (again :lol:). Today finally the lost newsletter appeared, a bit late since I ordered Spit yesterday though :thumbup:.

S!

LOL....Sorry I gave that bit of info to you "yet again". I didn't read through and see that others had already told you several times.

LOL....Sorry I gave that bit of info to you "yet again". I didn't read through and see that others had already told you several times.
:lol: No trouble :smilewink:.

S!

"I went into the British Army believing that if you want peace you must prepare for war. I believe now that if you prepare for war, you get war."

-- Major-General Frederick B. Maurice

Came back from a long weekend, saw the news letter and pre-purchased immediately!

...even though being a Steam user! Now I have something like 6 weeks to convert from Steam to native installation.

Stoked! :pilotfly:

Gigabyte Z370 Gaming 7 | i7-8700K | 32GB DDR4 3600 | GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FE | EKWB custom loop water cooling | Samsung M.2 EVO 960 500GB SSD + 2 x Crucial 250MX SSD + 4TB HD | Asus PG348Q 3440x1440 | TrackIR5 | Oculus Rift CV1 | MSFFB2 w extension + Saitek X52 Throttle + MFG Crosswind | Windows 10-64

Came back from a long weekend, saw the news letter and pre-purchased immediately!

...even though being a Steam user! Now I have something like 6 weeks to convert from Steam to native installation.

Stoked! :pilotfly:

RedShoes. I am also a Steam user, how does one convert from Steam to native installation ?

Asus Z87. i7 4770k. 8 GB DDR3 @ 1866 mhz. GTX980ti SC. 120 GB SSD. 1TB Evo SSD. 750W PSU. W7/64. BenQ W1070 Projector. Yamaha RXV 673 AVR, Energy Take 7.1 S.S. 100" screen, serving wench & lap dancing facilities.

RedShoes. I am also a Steam user, how does one convert from Steam to native installation ?

OK I just changed myself from Steam to ED native installation today. I simply got the ED DCS World Web installer from their web site

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/downloads/world/stable/

I got the serial numbers out of my Steam version for the modules I had purchased from Steam and made sure they were activated for my account. See instructions in;

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=135765

How to play a module you bought on Steam on the Non-Steam version of DCS World

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B-...Qkk&authuser=0

I then let the web installer to download and install the game and then got the module manager in game to install the modules.

I did read a while ago that there is also a way to use our Steam install for large part of the game files by adding some install location text file to your directory, so that it does not have to download all the files, but now that I wanted to do it, I did not find the instructions anymore (they are somewhere here in the forum).

Anyhow, it did work fine for me. Now I have all the modules I purchased from Steam in my native installation and just waiting for the 16th of Dec for the Spitfire.

I'm using JSGME for any mods, so that was also straight forward.

Gigabyte Z370 Gaming 7 | i7-8700K | 32GB DDR4 3600 | GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FE | EKWB custom loop water cooling | Samsung M.2 EVO 960 500GB SSD + 2 x Crucial 250MX SSD + 4TB HD | Asus PG348Q 3440x1440 | TrackIR5 | Oculus Rift CV1 | MSFFB2 w extension + Saitek X52 Throttle + MFG Crosswind | Windows 10-64

OK I just changed myself from Steam to ED native installation today. I simply got the ED DCS World Web installer from their web site

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/downloads/world/stable/

I got the serial numbers out of my Steam version for the modules I had purchased from Steam and made sure they were activated for my account. See instructions in;

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=135765

How to play a module you bought on Steam on the Non-Steam version of DCS World

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B-...Qkk&authuser=0

I then let the web installer to download and install the game and then got the module manager in game to install the modules.

I did read a while ago that there is also a way to use our Steam install for large part of the game files by adding some install location text file to your directory, so that it does not have to download all the files, but now that I wanted to do it, I did not find the instructions anymore (they are somewhere here in the forum).

Anyhow, it did work fine for me. Now I have all the modules I purchased from Steam in my native installation and just waiting for the 16th of Dec for the Spitfire.

I'm using JSGME for any mods, so that was also straight forward.

RedShoes, thanks for the info. If I note my aircraft module keys, could I simply uninstall and delete all Steam DCS files, re-download from ED using the installer then re download and install my plane modules ?

Asus Z87. i7 4770k. 8 GB DDR3 @ 1866 mhz. GTX980ti SC. 120 GB SSD. 1TB Evo SSD. 750W PSU. W7/64. BenQ W1070 Projector. Yamaha RXV 673 AVR, Energy Take 7.1 S.S. 100" screen, serving wench & lap dancing facilities.

RedShoes, thanks for the info. If I note my aircraft module keys, could I simply uninstall and delete all Steam DCS files, re-download from ED using the installer then re download and install my plane modules ?

Yes

If you have the disk space required, no need to uninstall and delete the Steam DCS files. I currently have both, but will eventually remove the DSC version.

Note that most of your settings etc. are saved in windows Saved Games\DCS folder, typically under C:\Users\<YourUserName>\Saved Games\DCS

Both versions use these, so switching is fairly straight forward. In my case all the controller and graphics etc. settings got carried over to native version.

Edited by RedShoes

Good question. When operating standalone, license keys are stored in Windows registry, so You can install/uninstall the game wherever you want, making as many copies as you want (for example 1.5 and 2.0) and the activation keys don't need to be used again.

I don't know where Steam stores the keys and if standalone install would automatically locate and recognize them in the similar way. Just in case, noting down the keys is a good start - in either case, it saves some time clicking later.

Edit - Sniped. Well, if RedShoes says it can be done, so be it :).

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

Yes

If you have the disk space required, no need to uninstall and delete the Steam DCS files. I currently have both, but will eventually remove the DSC version.

Note that most of your settings etc. are saved in windows Saved Games\DCS folder, typically under C:\Users\<YourUserName>\Saved Games\DCS

Both versions use these, so switching is fairly straight forward. In my case all the controller and graphics etc. settings got carried over to native version.

Thanks again. I am very fussy about system clutter, I have tons of disk space and I don't mind starting from scratch with controller / graphics settings etc. I find Steam a pain in the butt to be honest and I would rather clean DCSW out and start fresh with the ED version.

Today in my bag... now I feel like Pierre Closterman or George Beurling....

• Like 1

cpu:I7-6700k Z170 16GB Ram DDR4 Gtx 1080 8Gb DDR5 11GBs SSD 500 Gb 2 HDD 1Tb Evga supernova G2 850w Case Bequiet series 800 Silent base Win 10 pro 64 bit

My wishlist: F-35/B-17G/F4U Corsair/Yak-3/P-40B Tomahawk

Just pulled the trigger... can't wait to fly this bird!

• Like 1

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

Did it a couple of weeks ago, when I finally decided to completely drop any more investment on present civil sim platforms ... and not to spend my money in the FSLabs A320, but instead, invest more in DCS amd IL-2 BoK and collector planes :-)

Really looking forward into it !

• Like 1

Flight Simulation is the Virtual Materialization of a Dream...