Trees missing

Milli

EDIT: I fixed it. I did a "repair" and I now have trees again. Lots of them.

Hi there.

I've just upgraded to the latest v1.5 beta and I now have a problem. I'm trying to create a mission in my Huey. Been working on it for sometime now, but since this last update I no longer have any trees where there was once a forest.

I'm trying to create a jungle/forest extraction. I found a good place, in a valley with lots of trees. Now when I fly it there are no trees in the forested area. Its supposed to be forested, you can see them on satellite view etc. They just don't pop up now as real trees. The ground is flat with dark green colouring like its meant to be forested.

I've tried increasing everything up to maximum - textures, tree draw distance, visibility etc but they are not there.

Any ideas? I have trees in other places as usual but not right where they once were. Really spoilt my mission.

Regards,

Milli

EDIT: I've tried running no mods, no altered .cfg, .lua files and no autoexec.cfg file. Still no trees in this location.

Edited by Milli

I'm pretty certain it's the no tree shadows mod that is causing this. Gotta check, though.

EDIT: Yup. The trees / forests came back when I disabled the mod.

Edited by msalama

The DCS Mi-8MTV2. The best aviational BBW experience you could ever dream of.

Have you "No Trees Shadow" mod installed ?

Well yes and no!! I have a fresh installation on my laptop that I use for mission building and the trees are missing at Beslan airfield.

I had the no tree shadow mod on my main computer and the trees were all present until I updated, the no tree shadow mod is also installed on my DCS World 1.5 and the trees show there too at the moment so it can’t be that

Well yes and no!! I have a fresh installation on my laptop that I use for mission building and the trees are missing at Beslan airfield.

I had the no tree shadow mod on my main computer and the trees were all present until I updated, the no tree shadow mod is also installed on my DCS World 1.5 and the trees show there too at the moment so it can’t be that

Are you talking about 1.5 Open Beta in both cases? Because 1.5 has not been patched yet with this latest version.

Cooler Master HAF XB EVO , ASUS P8Z77-V, i7-3770K @ 4.6GHz, Noctua AC, 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro, EVGA 1080TI 11GB, 2 Samsung 840 Pro 540GB SSDs Raid 0, 1TB HDD, EVGA SuperNOVA 1300W PS, G930 Wireless SS Headset, TrackIR5/Wireless Proclip, TM Warthog, Saitek Pro Combat Pedals, 75" Samsung 4K QLED, HP Reverb G2, Win 10

Yes the 1.5 Beta has the missing trees, this is an installation without any mods, it was ok until the update I have the no tree shadow mod on the 1.5 and that's ok but I know this hasn't been updated.

So it's not to do with the no tree shadow mod. I have also downloaded the 1.5 beta (up to date) onto my laptop and that has missing trees too, I fly a lot from Beslan and where you're parked up there is trees in front of you which standout a mile now there missing.

I haven't seen them missing anywhere else as I fly the Gazelle a lot and that doesn't work at the moment so I haven't spent a lot of time flying, my jet seat doesn't work either think the sim shaker software doesn't like the update for some reason but that's for a different thread. I am now using 1.5 at the moment but as I use the Oculus rift I find for some reason or another the sim runs noticeably better on 1.5 beta so I hope things get sorted soon!!

Stll have trees missing at Beslan airfield after the latest update, have cleared out all files from ED folder and from my saved games folder then reinstalled, if you don't fly from there much you probably won't notice. I would try and post screen shots if someone can tell me how to do that.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Greetings to all members of this great forum.

I have the same problem of missing trees.

Update the drivers of my video card which is an Nvidia GTX 980 and follow the same problem.

This happened after the last update of DCS, uninstalled the mod of Starways Black Sea map 2.5

and the problem persists.

Perform a DCS repair and unfortunately the same problem continues.

I do not have any other Mod installed.

Place two screen shots of the same zone with the Starways Mod and the DCS original

Screen_161204_215525_zpswagnho96.jpg

Screen_161204_222650_zpsepdhdylm.jpg

Excuse my poor english

Edited by gizomat

FORTIS FORTUNA ADIUVAT