What else to do in VR?

Hawkeye60

I read on the forums about the pilot who climbed out of his M2000 at 50,000 feet and sat on the wing!

A similar effect can be had by setting auto pilot and exiting the aircraft with F3.

With careful positioning using the mouse you can place yourself on the tail or wing and enjoy the ride and view!

Or try this,

In the ME, set up 4 bombers (I like b-29's) or the aircraft of your choice, to bomb a runway.

Spawn in the aircraft of your choice, on said runway, and climb out.

Stand or sit and watch the show!

( I have died a few times this way!):D

I tried this late at night the first time and woke up the wife I was laughing so loud!:megalol:

Or,

Set up a tank battle in the ME. Take command of a tank.

Drive to a high point near the battlefield (or spawn there) and exit the tank.

Watch the battle unfold.

I was next to my tank when it got hit once. Quite spectacular!

What have you guys done?

Any other Ideas?

Please share.

"Yeah, and though I work in the valley of Death, I will fear no Evil. For where there is one, there is always three. I preparest my aircraft to receive the Iron that will be delivered in the presence of my enemies. Thy ALCM and JDAM they comfort me. Power was given unto the aircrew to make peace upon the world by way of the sword. And when the call went out, Behold the "Sword of Stealth". And his name was Death. And Hell followed him. For the day of wrath has come and no mercy shall be given."

I think wing walking was the most prevalent. I like your bombing example though. Will have to try it!

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1

Been thinking about how to recreate this

in DCS just not sure yet how to....

Eagles may soar high but weasel's don't get sucked into jet engines.

System Spec.

Monitors: Samsung 570DX & Rift CV1

Mobo: MSI Godlike gaming X-99A

CPU: Intel i7 5930K @ 3.50Ghz

RAM: 32gb

GPU: EVGA Nvidia GTX 980Ti VR Ready

Cooling: Predator 360

Power Supply: OCZ ZX Series 80 Plus Gold

Drives: Samsung SSD's 1tb, 500g plus others with OS Win10 64 bit

Before VR, but with 3D vision, I entered a runway in a hummer while AI airplanes were taking off. I run full throttle as I heard the next aircraft in position for take off accelerate behind me. Then it passed by my side and did the rotation in front of me and lifted off the ground. I thought that it was quite intense just with 3D vision and that in VR would be really cool.

But since I have the Vive I can't use CA. There is no head tracking for me when I jump into a ground vehicle.

Been thinking about how to recreate this

in DCS just not sure yet how to....

Me too. Maybe with the free camera (LCtrl+F11) and the Vive controller emulating the mouse wheel to be able to move while standing away from the actual mouse.

Edited by average_pilot

I often recon the surroundings, different objects etc and stumble upon surprising details, when having a little break. Was just flying online with a friend, and in the end, we were just mocking about, and he parked in a hangar of sorts, and I jumped into a firetruck, and found this dangling from the 'mirror' :)

firetruck.thumb.jpg.51b2055037b7b1a8053b27896d62e4fe.jpg

- Jack of many DCS modules, master of none.

- Personal wishlist: F-15A, F-4S Phantom II, JAS 39A Gripen, SAAB 35 Draken, F-104 Starfighter, Panavia Tornado IDS.

| Windows 11 | i5-12400 | 64Gb DDR4 | RTX 3080 | 2x M.2 | 27" 1440p | Rift CV1 | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind pedals |

^Nice detail :D I usually climb out of the cockpit after mission and walk around the plane, not very special but it's just quite awesome to see them in real life size :) I wish it would be possible to hop back in the cockpit!

CPU: Intel Core i7-2600k @3.40GHz | Motherboard: Asus P8P67-M | Memory: Kingston 8GB DDR3 | OS W10 | GPU: Sapphire R9 290x 8GBDDR5 | Monitor: Samsung Syncmaster 24" | Devices: Oculus Rift, MS FFB 2 joystick, Saitek X 52 Pro throttle, Saitek Pro pedals, Gametrix Jetseat

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]