[REPORTED]PAPI Lights sytem

Morpheus

^ You haven't been flying often enough from civilian airports them, 'cause PAPI lights have been there in Batumi and Lochini for at least 2.5 years (when I started playing DCS) :D.

@ Morpheus - I just checked flying around with free camera, in both unmodded game and with Starway's 1.1 scenery. Indeed, looks like PAPIs got glitched in 1.5.5 OB. They're either not rendered at all, or rendered only very close, but not displaying correct colour pattern. A legitimate bug.

Edited by Art-J

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm not seeing any PAPI lights at Batumi... recently found out about them and saw them in a video talking about landing and they guy that made the vid was incindentaly landing at Batumi and he mentioned the PAPI lights. I had no idea what they were and looked into it and was excited to have a new tool to help me land properly.

Went to try it in Open Beta v.1.5.5.59744 and nope... I don't have PAPI lights at Batumi.

Are they tied into the graphics settings? Object counts? Viewable Object distances?

Same issue here. I quickly tested Batumi, Tbilisi and Kobuleti.

Even with landing clearance. All graphic settings @ max.

Probably a bug (or a hint about the ongoing work on the new ATC? :P).

/// ВКБ: GF Pro MkII+MCG Pro/GF MkII+SCG L/Black Mamba MkIII/Gladiator/T-Rudder MkII | X-55 Rhino throttle/Saitek Throttle Quadrant | OpenTrack+UTC /// ZULU +4 ///

/// "THE T3ASE": i9 9900K | 64 GB DDR4 | RTX 2080ti OC | 2 TB NVMe SSDs, 1 TB SATA SSD, 12 TB HDDs | Gigabyte DESIGNARE mobo ///

• ED Team

Hi thanks for the PM

This is reported internally

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2