M830A1 HEAT MP-T

Spudman

The Russian 9M119 missile, or AT-11 Sniper has been added to the sim. for use in the T-80 and T-90 MBTs. Any plans to introduce the M830A1 HEAT MP-T for use in NATO tanks? This is a multipurpose round and can be used to shoot down helicopters with the simple turn of the nose fuse.

If you hit a helicopter with a HEAT round in CA now, it'll go down in flames. What good would this round do when compared to what's ingame now? The damage model of CA is simplistic anyway, there is no splash- or penetration damage.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Commodore 64 | MOS6510 | VIC-II | SID6581 | DD 1541 | KCS Power Cartridge | 64Kb | 32Kb external | Arcade Turbo

When can we adjust the load out of the russian "uber"tanks or get the western tanks real(!) capabilities?

Nice to see they model even more dangerous weapons for the "all seeing AI" with no option to remove ammo!

In most scenarios I'm already stuck with T-55 as any newer russian tank is a better Helicopter killer than a Shilka or SAM!

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VIRPIL CM 50 Stick & Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

When can we adjust the load out of the russian "uber"tanks or get the western tanks real(!) capabilities?

Nice to see they model even more dangerous weapons for the "all seeing AI" with no option to remove ammo!

In most scenarios I'm already stuck with T-55 as any newer russian tank is a better Helicopter killer than a Shilka or SAM!

Im with you there =P.

As someone who flies the Gazelle alot the T-90 is my nemesis...

The T-72B and T-90 with there guided missile can outrange me and knows where i am 90% of the time even if im as sneaky as i possibly can.

(if i pop up over a mountain ridge 4km away with only the camera and enough clearance for the missiles to guide properly they will have a missile on its way towards me before my missile impacts the first tank 7 times out of 10)

It does not help that they can see through trees etc so there is no hiding behind them to do pop up attacks like Gazelle and Bo-105 pilots would have in reality.

The T-72B and T-90 are more dangerous to a Gazelle then most AA/Sams are since they are very accurate there is no warning when they are launched and there is no smoke trail so they are very difficult to spot.

And while im ok with the missiles being decent againt hovering helos the way the AI tanks always know where you are makes it so when ever you go into a hover withing range of a T-72B or T-90 to launch at them there is a good chance there is already a missile on its way and the first you will know of it is either when it hits or when you see it coming at you through the TV display.

Im fine with adding the M830A1 HEAT MP-T round though i dont see it making a huge difference when it comes to its effectiveness against helicopters

(if the round has a proximity fuse it might help some but not by a huge amount since the AI usually either hits the helicopter or it misses with a decent margin).

Edited by mattebubben

That's just completely false and you know it.

It is my personal experience. As Mattebuben elaborated quite well, it is pretty useless to approach anything but a group of a single(!) Tank from the exact behind.

If you are fast enough and coming from behind him the detection.lua gives you a couple minutes until he definitely detects you.

If they are a group and face in a half-circle you are down to a few seconds...

Only option is night missions to reduce detection range, a bit.

There is no hiding behind buildings (they won't fire at you, but they know you are there), no hiding behind trees, even with solid trees in Nevada they rarely block line of sight or missiles and if you do a little pop-up you are doomed.

The worst thing is, when they fire at you from 5000m they hit as precise or bad, as from 3000m.

So doing what the Gazelle was build for in DCS is currently, pretty much useless and frustrating.

If we could at least disarm the ATGMs from the russian tanks, that would help a lot!

Edit - the SAM leaves a nice smoke trail and I am capable of outmaneuvering it, if there is enough cover available. At least when I spot it early enough, this works most of the times.

A Shilka leaves a nice "Symbol" on the RWR, so you at least know you have been locked.

Missile tanks and BMPs with ATGM are far more dangerous, and they should not be.

Edited by shagrat

Shagrat

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VIRPIL CM 50 Stick & Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

But the M830A1 HEAT MP-T round has a proximity fuse and a fragmentation warhead.

An M829 series round to a helo will ruin its day just as well and you reach out faster with that, have done that in SB Pro a few times, nothing like seeing a Helo pop up at 2000 meters then reach out and say "HELLOOOO" But, better to avopid helos all together. or let the zoomies deal with them.

http://www.ipms.dk

i7 9700K, Asus Z390 Prime A, Be Quiet Dark Rock Pro 4, GeForce RTX 2080 Ti STRIX ROG, Fractal Design Define R6, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, MFG Crosswind, Oculus Rift S. 32 GB 3200 MHz RAM

It is my personal experience. As Mattebuben elaborated quite well, it is pretty useless to approach anything but a group of a single(!) Tank from the exact behind.

If you are fast enough and coming from behind him the detection.lua gives you a couple minutes until he definitely detects you.

If they are a group and face in a half-circle you are down to a few seconds...

Only option is night missions to reduce detection range, a bit.

There is no hiding behind buildings (they won't fire at you, but they know you are there), no hiding behind trees, even with solid trees in Nevada they rarely block line of sight or missiles and if you do a little pop-up you are doomed.

The worst thing is, when they fire at you from 5000m they hit as precise or bad, as from 3000m.

So doing what the Gazelle was build for in DCS is currently, pretty much useless and frustrating.

If we could at least disarm the ATGMs from the russian tanks, that would help a lot!

Edit - the SAM leaves a nice smoke trail and I am capable of outmaneuvering it, if there is enough cover available. At least when I spot it early enough, this works most of the times.

A Shilka leaves a nice "Symbol" on the RWR, so you at least know you have been locked.

Missile tanks and BMPs with ATGM are far more dangerous, and they should not be.

They are incredibly easy to dodge though, all you need to do is not be in a perfect hove, even a 3 km sideways movement, will cause the missiles to miss most of the time.

But i agree, that it would be nice to be able to change loadout on every vehicle in the game.

Edited by karambiatos

They are incredibly easy to dodge though, all you need to do is not be in a perfect hove, even a 3 km sideways movement, will cause the missiles to miss most of the time.

Unfortunately that is what you need to do, to employ HOT missiles...

And the main point isn't how to invent tactics, that shouldn't be necessary, if the environment was behaving correctly.

You can make up a lot of ways to circumvent the AI for example place weapons hold triggers on a moving zone around each tank group etc.

But it would be better to fix the AI seeing everything by enhancing the detection algorithms... Or allow mission designers to adjust the armament of ground units, like with airplanes and helicopters.

I prefer a realistic fix to any creative fantasy solutions or inventing a DCS specific dodging tank tactic, that has no use in real life.

P.S. even an option to have a russian T-72 with missiles or an Iraqi T-72 without missiles would be highly appreciated.

Shagrat