Slight judder in head tracking, DCS only

Warthog_Farmer

Hey folks...

This has been a problem for a while for me but I have just decided to live with it. I mainly use Rift in DCS so it's refreshing going to any other app and it doesn't have the same "jump" in the tracking.

Anyway, I find that when I am looking around 90+ degrees right or left theres a slight jump in the head tracking to a new position. It's roughly correct but the jump is a bit of a pain. I initially thought it was the Rift sensor losing a couple of the LEDs on the headband and not knowing what was going on but it only happens in DCS.

Anyone else have this issue?

Sounds strange... A mystery we must solve! :)

What other applications do you use with the Rift?

This doesn't happen in the Oculus home, when turning to the sides?

Could it be a performance issue? Have you tried lowering all settings in DCS to find out if it happens at high FPS? Has it always been like this, or do you remember when it started, roughly?

Is the TiR4 plugged in when you play DCS with the Rift?

I have the issue with no other apps including Oculus Home, admittedly I don't use many other apps.

The performance is not the cause as I can go up high level over the sea at 90fps and it still occurs.

I am just wondering if the mod I thought I uninstalled is still present. It stopped your head pivoting on your shoulders which made looking behind (and looking at some awkward switches down the rear/side panels) more difficult than it ought to be. The mod caused your head to, instead of looking straight back, look back but offset it so you were effectively looking over your shoulder.

I don't rememeber putting this into the OpenBeta install but perhaps it got copied over from the "normal" release when it searches for matching files to prevent re-downloading.

Perhaps it's just time for a clean reinstall of DCS.. Maybe when 2.5 releases... I'm glad it's just my problem and I might have figured it out :')

Aside: I tried ASW for the first time earlier on... The multiplayer was unusually busy and unusually laggy tonight and the ASW couldn't keep up. The cockpit was a blurry artifacted mess at point :)

I can see it's use though when the servers aren't acting so crummy so I'll leave it on for now. But I don't know if that or the stutters are preferable :)

Hey folks...

This has been a problem for a while for me but I have just decided to live with it. I mainly use Rift in DCS so it's refreshing going to any other app and it doesn't have the same "jump" in the tracking.

Anyway, I find that when I am looking around 90+ degrees right or left theres a slight jump in the head tracking to a new position. It's roughly correct but the jump is a bit of a pain. I initially thought it was the Rift sensor losing a couple of the LEDs on the headband and not knowing what was going on but it only happens in DCS.

Anyone else have this issue?

I perceived that same thing when I began to use the Vive with DCS. I disabled hyperthreading, not sure if it helped. To make my reply even more useless, I'm not sure if it isn't happening any more or if I've learned to live with that. At least you know you are not alone.

How far away is the Oculus camera from you when you're in DCS? Sometimes, outside of about 5 feet, you can end up getting occasional judder. You might just need to get closer to the camera.

EVGA Z690 Classified, Intel i9 12900KS Alder Lake processor, MSI MAG Core Liquid 360R V2 AIO Liquid CPU Cooler, G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series 64GB DDR5 6400 memory, EVGA RTX3090 FTW3 Ultra 24GB video card, Samsung 980PRO 1TB M2.2280 SSD for Windows 10 64-bit OS, Samsung 980PRO 2TB M2.2280 SSD for program files, LG WH14NS40 Blu-Ray burner. HOTAS Warthog, Saitek Pedals, HP Reverb G2. Partridge and pear tree pending. :pilotfly:

I am getting exactly the same symptoms in DCS1.55 and 2 with occulus 1.10. Haven't played for about 3 weeks and now this.....very immersion breaking and annoying. Doesn't happen in any rift native purchased games. It is also happening in FSX and P3D Flyinside far worse than DCS. Will investigate further and load up a few racing games as well. It might just be that DCS and Flyinside haven't caught up with latest runtimes??

There we were....two against a thousand.....so what'd we do....Shotem' both!!!!

Intel core I5-9600, GB RTX 2080TI@2050Mhz, Asus ROG Strix Z390, 32GB G.Skill ddr4 3000 Ram. 40" Philips 4K monitor, HP Reverb, Vive Pro, Rift CV1, TMWH and SimXperience Motion Sim, Lime green jocks, Jack Daniels 1770, 2 packs Marlborough, etc etc etc...:megalol: