A-10C Advanced Aircraft Training Qualification DLC

Glad you enjoyed the campaigns. It can be very challenging to find a good balance that works for all players. We appreciate the feedback.

PS: just for info, whenever I request taxi from the ramp in Kobuleti the ATC always says "hold position" 4 or 5 times and then it goes "continue taxi", even if there are no aicraft taxing in front on me (I waited for all the traffic to pass).

Is this a bug or its meant to happen?

We have noticed that the game engine will have ATC do that if there are taxing aircraft even if not directly in front of you. We suspect it is having to account for very large aircraft as part of its programming as it won't clear you from hold until smaller aircraft are well away from you.

So not sure if it's a bug or not but ED is working on the ATC and AI so we can only hope it gets better over time.

F-15C-User-Bar-ACM.v2.jpg

MapleFlagMissions - Read Our Blog for Updates

Thanks Sabre! nothing game-breaking but just wondering why =) Nevertheless I really enjoyed the campaigns!

ASUS ROG STRIX Z490 F-GAMING | i7-10700K | RTX3090 TUF OC | 32GB DDR4 3200Mhz | Windows 10 64bit | Acer Predator X34P | TrackIR 5 | TM Warthog | TM T.Flight Rudder Pedals

A-10C | A-10C II | F/A-18C | F-16C | FC3 | PG | Syria | SC

Home made F-16C simulator
Forum Thread: DCS World forum - The Viper Project - Home Cockpits Instagram: 1583142 copia.jpg The Viper Project YouTube youtube-icon-512x512-874lspju.png The Viper Project - Youtube channel

• 4 weeks later...

Stuck on AAT 10 with the attempted use of EAO Mavericks with a completely grey mcfd screen being no help what so ever. am I missing something as Recon Stewarts Video has very helpful MFCD's

and advice or help would be appreciated

DCS 2.5.5 41371

but have had great fun going through the other sorties :-)

New campaigns

Hi Sabre

loved all three of your A10c campaigns, are you planning any other campaigns like these for other airframes/modules?

Neal

Desktop PC:

Intel i7 14700K, MSI Z790 MAG Tomahawk MOBO, 64Gb RAM , GPU Nvidia RTX 3080ti

Windows 11, VPC joystick, Crosswind rudder peddles, HP Reverb G2, VPC Collective, DOF Reality H2, Gametrix seat, WinWing panels.

Try dropping flares over the targets for use with the H's. They might give enough illumination to overcome the poor MFCD lighting.

The other alternative is to replace the H's with IR Mav's (D's or equivalent) before takeoff.

The mission scoring doesn't care specifically about the weapons used just that all the targets get destroyed by whatever means necessary (including gun runs).

Yes I have tested the weapon load out to all Ds so that’s an option but will try the practice mission and see how some extra flares goes.

I will be getting the next training campaign after this it’s been great fun thanks for efforts in both building and supporting them. I’ve had DCS on the systems 3 years but have only just got back to flying and they have been a great asset.

• 2 weeks later...

Just thought I'd post this

Completed the final mission learnt many things the most useful being that using the MFCD in night mode seemed to cause the lack of contrast in TGP and AGM64 D and H variants that had me very frustrated. However using day mode had the contrast well adjusted and I was able to select and lock on to targets though out the mission

so if anyone reads this it worked for me in DCS 2.5.5.41371

so now the next qualifier begins :-)

Congrats! Thats an interesting tip for those suffering from the contrast issue.

Custom Pit 476 Recruiting

i9-12900KF, 32 GB DDR5, Gigabyte Aorus Z690 Master, Gigabyte RTX 2080 Ti, 1TB Sabrent Roket 4+ 2x750GB RAID-0, TrackIR 5 /w clip, CRG9 49” Curved Ultrawide Flight Display+15" Touchscreen+17" Gauges display, Thrustmaster Warthog+7.5cm, Saitek Pro Combat Pedals, Streamdeck, Butt Kicker and pneumatic G-Seat

Forums Signature V4_500x100_20220716.png

Forums Signature V4_500x100_20221002.png

I also completed the campaign about a week ago (using the latest Open Beta). Everything worked, but what I did with the TGP and MAV pages in the last mission was to adjust the contrast a lot until I could see what was going on. I never considered trying day mode, but in night mode they worked fine IF you adjusted the contrast properly. I would do it before hitting the IP, when you still have time to mess around.

I'm happy to say that everything worked as expected in Open Beta. There was only one tiny glitch: I can't remember which mission it was, but it could have been the 2nd, 3rd or 4th one - the developers will know - it was a night mission and right at the beginning an F-117 comes in to land. What happened was that the moment you ask for permission to taxi, ATC goes into a loop to "hold position" that is repeated over and over (I tried the mission more than once to confirm). If you ignore ATC, taxi and take off anyway, the mission continues as required, but your wingman is stuck for a while and takes off extremely late, joining you only about halfway through the mission. And to cap it off, after the mission my normal parking spot was taken by the F-117 - I almost taxied into the back of it! That part may have been by design, not sure... The whole mission does work, so I don't consider it a serious bug at all, but perhaps the timing of the landing F-117 can be changed so as not to cause the never-ending "hold position" ATC bug to appear.

Overall it was an excellent campaign and I learned a lot of new things, despite already having been familiar with the A-10C. I was pleasantly surprised that the whole thing also worked in the latest Open Beta with only that one minor glitch. By the way, the flares in the night mission worked really well. I only ended up dropping a few of my own illumination flares right at the end to take care of the last remaining truck.

• 6 months later...

So I have just tried the Aerial refueling day practice mission.

I have connected over 6 times. Each time the instructor says...you disconnected too soon. However looking at the mission log I was connected well over 10 seconds, sometimes 25 sometimes 15. But it's always.....you disconnected too soon. Got a U rating.

What is the deal here?

• 1 month later...

Hi, I just passed the AFT05 - Illum Flare mission, went and had lunch, came back to progress to the next mission and it says the campaign is inactive. Read through this thread and there is a post further up by the mission author, about manually advancing campaign by adjusting logbook.lua files (the actual link no longer works so I cant use it)...so I went and checked that, and there is no mission data in the logbook.lua

Can someone please send me the code up to and including the completion of AFT05 so I don't have to repeat it all :(

I'd consider myself a complete and utter novice when it comes to editing notepad files so all the help I can get regarding that would be great.

Thanks in advance

• 2 months later...

Sabre,

Just a quick question and maybe a suggestion.  Flying AAT07, the rockets and guns mission.  The question is, if you don't kill every target in the last target area will you automatically fail the mission?  And if not, the suggestion.  Is there a way that you could add a "winchester" call to the menu so you don't have to fly around in circles until the FE says playtime is over?  I have run our of ammo a couple of times with 2 or 3 targets left alive is the reason I ask.  Thanks

atrdriver

Edited by atrcaptainjohn

Yes as per the briefing you do have to kill all the identified targets.  You do need to kill some of the targets with the rockets but when strafing use very short 3 second bursts to conserve ammo.

We will consider adding a "Winchester" call as that makes sense and we can end the mission at that point.

• 1 month later...

Just finished the campaign, I love it! Learned a lot about A-10C, also forum was a big help.

The only frustrating thing is convoy target in missions, but ok, at least I improved my gun strafing skill. 🙂 Except the last mission, I gave up on trying with defaults and used cluster bomb, then APKWS which is fun, but not used in any mission. Maybe I'll retry in future when I get better. 😄

• Like 1