Mission 1 : Flight do not start up

CNETRO

Hi Ranger79,

First, I wanna thank you for the effort bring all this together for us. It's fantastic!!

As for me, in mission 1 the wingmen doesn't start their engines, even with the my engines fully running before I call for clearence, as stated above, with a fresh install and renaming of the folder...

I'm with the 1.5.5 version on Steam.

Further infos:

-Got no answer when calling for taxi (on the right freq!!), but as soon I start taxi, I get a clearance to, but short time after, few secs, get a "unable to taxi";

-When holding short of rwy, and cleared to T/Off, after start the T/Off run get a "unable T/Off;

-Whiplash-1 does not describes FOB Suse (FOB Suse doesn't trigger), but it does all the others;

-When RTB and call inbound, get a answer "divert to Alternate", with no aparent reason to...

Thanks in advance

This happened to me too, exactly the same way on a few of my attempts. My successful run was with the stand-alone version. Some previous failed attempts were on Steam.

Just to make sure I rolled back to 1.5.4. I started the mission and did nothing except starting up my plane (no take-off request). When my engines started spinning the rest of the flight started up too.

I'm curious if the Chinooks would be able to land in 1.5.4, as they get stuck and never land in 1.5.5 (Mission 2 and some others I believe)

I'm curious if the Chinooks would be able to land in 1.5.4, as they get stuck and never land in 1.5.5 (Mission 2 and some others I believe)

Scope666, still waiting on a fix, many of the OPF mission involve Air Assault elements from different helo airframes, so once the helo bug is fixed we should be good to go.

Scope666, still waiting on a fix, many of the OPF mission involve Air Assault elements from different helo airframes, so once the helo bug is fixed we should be good to go.

Thanks for that. I was just wondering if this was an issue introduced in 1.5.5, and if a temp rollback to 1.5.4 can be used as a workaround while we wait for ED to fix the helo bug.

• ED Team

If you wish to roll back a guide can be found here

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=114030

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Just finished Mission 2. Everything went flawlessly. The Chinooks made their assault (which is great to watch).

This is great stuff: variety in action and very immersive!!!

Just finished Mission 2. Everything went flawlessly. The Chinooks made their assault (which is great to watch).

This is great stuff: variety in action and very immersive!!!

Hello,

Just got back in town, did you rollback to 1.5.4?

I have a problem with Mission 8 " Dam Rush"

Startup procedure is ok but, the other 3 aircraft do not startup.

Permission to Taxi is granted then denied. Permission to Take off is granted then denied.

Request other aircraft to join, reply from all ok but no movement.

| i9 9900K Octa Core 2TB SSD +32GB Spectrix DDR4 @3200MHz RGB | 2 x Radeon RX480 in Crossfire. | TrackIR5 HOTAS Warthog,MFG Crosswind Pedals | Cougar MFDs |

[OCG] Oceanic Combat Group

discord.gg/ZmXEBSU

"Through The Inferno"

by deadlyfishes

Official Australian Servers

SRS: All Servers have Auto-Connect Enabled

Server 1: TTI Caucasus

Server 2: TTI Persian Gulf

Server 3: OCG Training

Server 4: OCG NTTR & Multiplayer Missions

Australian Website

AU Discord Server

Not that I know of, but you can use your Steam CD key(s) on the standalone version, which does allow rollback, that's what I did.

Sorry to hear that HellsBells, I've reported the issues with AI aircraft, waiting on a fix.

I have a problem with Mission 8 " Dam Rush"

Startup procedure is ok but, the other 3 aircraft do not startup.

Permission to Taxi is granted then denied. Permission to Take off is granted then denied.

Request other aircraft to join, reply from all ok but no movement.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Sorry to hear that HellsBells, I've reported the issues with AI aircraft, waiting on a fix.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

I've completed missions 1-7 so far by rolling back to 1.5.4 ... the only negative is you can't have labels on since it apparently also rolls back the version of OPF which still had it enforced. It makes it tougher but also more rewarding so I can't complain.

Having a blast so far ... awesome work Ranger79!

Cheers Ranger79 Fantastic Campaign Thank you :)

| i9 9900K Octa Core 2TB SSD +32GB Spectrix DDR4 @3200MHz RGB | 2 x Radeon RX480 in Crossfire. | TrackIR5 HOTAS Warthog,MFG Crosswind Pedals | Cougar MFDs |

[OCG] Oceanic Combat Group

discord.gg/ZmXEBSU

"Through The Inferno"

by deadlyfishes

Official Australian Servers

SRS: All Servers have Auto-Connect Enabled

Server 1: TTI Caucasus

Server 2: TTI Persian Gulf

Server 3: OCG Training

Server 4: OCG NTTR & Multiplayer Missions

Australian Website

AU Discord Server

• 2 weeks later...
Hey!

Does anybody know if this is fixed with the new update 1 of 1.5.5?

Smudoo,

I may have found a workaround. Before doing anything else in the cockpit ensure your AM radio is turned to 134 (even though it is off). If you use autostart the AI should start when you start your engines. I also noticed you have to start your left engine first if starting manually or the AI may not start there engines (I usually start the right engine first). I tried both ways and each time I did contact ATC before start-up and the AI did respond.

• ED Team
Smudoo,

I may have found a workaround. Before doing anything else in the cockpit ensure your AM radio is turned to 134 (even though it is off). If you use autostart the AI should start when you start your engines. I also noticed you have to start your left engine first if starting manually or the AI may not start there engines (I usually start the right engine first). I tried both ways and each time I did contact ATC before start-up and the AI did respond.

I think you are on to something ranger

If I do not use the radio at the start the AI will remain inactive.

If I use the radio and set the frequency they work as they should

I have added more notes to the bug report for ED to check again

thanks

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Operation piercing fury. Mission 1

Hi hope some one can help. Just started playing operation piercing fury. But on start up my flight will not start their engines. I checked Google but with no joy. Is there a fix for this problem. I would be great full for the help. Thanks.

Sent from my E2303 using Tapatalk

• ED Team

thread merged

try using your radio set to the tower frequency to ask for startup as early as possible

this issue has been reported and we are looking into it

Edited by BIGNEWY

I'm having the same issue. I waited for the patch to come out for the helo's and now my wingman won't start up. Which isn't a deal breaker by any means, but I would like a mission complete percentage to be 100. All I can get is 75. I'll try what you have suggested to see if I get them to respond. As of right now all they do is sit there with their lights on. I always start with getting the APU running then set my radios and then I ask for startup clearance. Should I tune my radio first and then start up the APU and then ask for clearance? Also had the same issue where ATC won't answer until I move and then grants taxi clearance and then denies it. Also ATC would grant clearance for take off and then immediately cancel it. Also was told to use the alternate landing site on RTB. It was all weird for me.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]