[REPORTED]su25t sead weapons bug

Miss and miss.

Splash damage is the best I could get from them.

OS:Win10 Home CPU:i7 3770K 3.5(@4.3GHz) COOLER:ZalmanCNPS10X-PERFORMA MOBO:GigabyteGA-Z77X-UD5H SSD#1:SamsungEVO850Pro 500GB SSD#2:SanDisk240GB HDD:2x Seagate2TB GFX:GigabyteGTX670 WF3 2GB OC1058MHz RAM:16GB 16000MHz DDR3 KEYB'Ds:Corsair K95/MS SidewinderX4 MOUSE:LogitechG700s MON:2x ASUS 24” ROUTER:ASUS RT-N66U DarkKnight INTERWEBS:Fibre152Mbps/12Mbps JOYSTICK:TM T16000m Modded THROTTLE:TM TWCS HEADTRACK:TrackIR5Pro

I just became aware of this. So is SEAD completely broke right now or just hit and miss?

With the Russian anti-radiation missiles it is nearly completely broken, but the occasional kill is still possible. Before the bug I could always hit with 95% accuracy. Now it is down to 16%. I began to notice after one of the patches, the SAM sites were more aggressive in shooting down your missiles. Then this bug of the poorly tracking missiles appeared shortly thereafter.

CPU: i7 980x @ 4.2GHz RAM: 24gb Corsair Vengeance

MB: Gigabyte Sniper X58 w/onboard Soundblaster X-Fi

HD: SanDisk 480gb SSD OS: Win7 Pro 64bit

VIDEO CARD: EVGA GTX 980ti FTW

MONITOR: LG 34" Ultrawide 2560x1080

MP SERVER: ibuypower i7-4810MQ w/Win7 Home 64bit

GEAR: Saitek X-52 Pro; Combat Rudder Pedals; Throttle Quadrants. Thrustmaster MFD's, TrackIR 5 w/Pro Clip, Turtle Beach X-12 Headset

I tested extensively in the last days, with varying launch ranges and altitudes and there is no significant change. Even launching from 17-18 km. One out of four scores a hit at best. Most of other, but not all, produce blast damage. Missile veers away from the target in the last seconds of flight in most cases. Like it's chasing a maneuvering target. If it continues to fly straight, it hits a spot in the ground in front of or behind a target.

I tested extensively in the last days, with varying launch ranges and altitudes and there is no significant change. Even launching from 17-18 km. One out of four scores a hit at best. Most of other, but not all, produce blast damage. Missile veers away from the target in the last seconds of flight in most cases. Like it's chasing a maneuvering target. If it continues to fly straight, it hits a spot in the ground in front of or behind a target.

+1

I agree. This bug should be put on "Double Secret Priority" for an expedited fix by ED. :helpsmilie:

GEAR: Saitek X-52 Pro; Combat Rudder Pedals; Throttle Quadrants. Thrustmaster MFD's, TrackIR 5 w/Pro Clip, Turtle Beach X-12 Headset

from the last update 1.5.5 the k-58, 25MPU fail to hit the radars of SAMS , they misses with no connection on which height you released them . They always misses by 5- 10 meters, even though they are locked and in range.

It is frustrating !!

• ED Team

The devs are back from their holiday break so we should start seeing some progress soon, as long as it is not tied to any other issue not merged yet.

I will try to find out, if I am allowed I will pass on the info

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

BIGNEWY, I'm now thinking this may be tied to another issue. It seems NickD is having a similar issue with the KAB500kr TV guided bomb on the Su-25T. In his video it seems to show the bomb turning away from the target in the final moments before impact, missing the properly locked target with launch authorization. Could this be a bug of larger proportions?

See the topic here: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=180897

Edited by Winston 60

BIGNEWY, I'm now thinking this may be tied to another issue. It seems NickD is having a similar issue with the KAB500kr TV guided bomb on the Su-25T. In his video it seems to show the bomb turning away from the target in the final moments before impact, missing the properly locked target with launch authorization. Could this be a bug of larger proportions?

See the topic here: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=180897

Really interesting - I hadn't noticed that final turn. What are the aerodynamics of the missiles like - is that last-second turn enough to make the difference between hitting and missing? Because that sounds suspiciously like a negative-value bug.

Edit: Yes, it does signficantly change the path of the bomb - I plotted using tacview and you can see the estimated target position change:

attachment.php?attachmentid=155288&d=1484592444

Edited by NickD

• 2 weeks later...
  • ED Team

yes, when you get it give it a go and then feedback here guys

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

hi bignewy

I did test both 58 and 25mpu fix is working but had a fouth missile 25mpu on the frist track that did not want to fire will try to recreated it later today.

terminal guidance on both missile can be adjust it still is trying to pull lead on stationary Target. but if this need a lot of code this will work.

Are you guys saying the release version has now been patched to fix this? I'm not getting a release version update???

yes, when you get it give it a go and then feedback here guys

Tested 1.56 OpenBeta Kh-58 and Kh-25MPU in instant action mission.

They still miss the target, although the probability of miss is lower, the missile still turns away just before impact.

And i noticed another behavior,which im not sure if it is a bug. I launched two Kh-58 at two target but they guide to one target. I tried this several times, same result.

Edit:Uploading the trk takes forever for me,sorry just can't attach it. Maybe someone else can do it.

Edited by inSky_1911/CFZS

• ED Team

thanks for the track salling772

We would like to see more tracks showing issues, I can follow up then with some data

the target being destroyed is the important issue here, my understanding is with proximity fuses the missile will look like it has missed sometimes but the target should be destroyed.

p.s The KAB500kr is a different issue to do with the wind.

Edited by BIGNEWY

Kh-25 MPU and Kh-29T not hitting targets

See this track file, I fired all 4 missiles in range, none of them hit...

https://ufile.io/26e0c

DCS Wishlist: 2K11 Krug SA-4 Ganef SAM, VR-TrackIR icons next to player names in score-chart

PvP: 100+ manual player-kills with Stingers on a well known dynamic campaign server - 100+ VTOL FARP landings & 125+ hours AV-8B, F-14 crew, royal dutch airforce F-16C - PvP campaigns since 2013

DCS server-admins: please adhere to a common sense gaming industry policy as most server admins throughout the industry do. (After all there's enough hostility on the internet already which really doesn't help anyone. Thanks.)

Dell Visor VR headset, Ryzen 5 5600 (6C/12T), RTX 2060 - basic DCS-community rule-of-thumb: Don't believe bad things that a PvP pilot claims about another PvP pilot without having analyzed the existing evidence

• ED Team

merged the threads.

as mentioned before if you have tracks I can collect data, the shorter the better.

Bare in mind the weapons are not supposed to be a 100% hit rate, and you have the chance of having your weapon defeated by defensive fire

Edited by BIGNEWY

Seems fine to me, tested with HARM, KH-58 and KH-25MPU, they track fine. I agree with Bignewy, they shouldn't have a 100% hit rate, a slight bias in the guidance might be intended actually. Especially because DCS AI does not make use of shoot and scoot tactics, blinking the radar and all the other tricks.

• Like 1

Seems fine to me, tested with HARM, KH-58 and KH-25MPU, they track fine. I agree with Bignewy, they shouldn't have a 100% hit rate, a slight bias in the guidance might be intended actually. Especially because DCS AI does not make use of shoot and scoot tactics, blinking the radar and all the other tricks.

Are you reporting on the release version or the open beta? For the release version I totally disagree. For the open beta, I have no experience with that version. Somehow input from people using the open beta is being posted in this topic, but as far as the release version is concerned, these two SEAD weapons (tracking and release cue ranges) are far from fine.

See my post here: https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2953187&postcount=16

and please read this entire topic. Also please download and watch the contributed tracks. Our Squadron has been tracking this bug since Oct 2016 in the release version. Please post a track showing your experience of these missile being "fine" if you're using the release version. I'd really like to see it.

Edited by Winston 60