[REPORTED]su25t sead weapons bug

So your report of these missile being fine is in the open beta? If so Thanks, we that are using the release version have something great to look forward to!

CPU: i7 980x @ 4.2GHz RAM: 24gb Corsair Vengeance

MB: Gigabyte Sniper X58 w/onboard Soundblaster X-Fi

HD: SanDisk 480gb SSD OS: Win7 Pro 64bit

VIDEO CARD: EVGA GTX 980ti FTW

MONITOR: LG 34" Ultrawide 2560x1080

MP SERVER: ibuypower i7-4810MQ w/Win7 Home 64bit

GEAR: Saitek X-52 Pro; Combat Rudder Pedals; Throttle Quadrants. Thrustmaster MFD's, TrackIR 5 w/Pro Clip, Turtle Beach X-12 Headset

• ED Team

yes we are talking about the beta as it had the recent changes and the solution for this issue, which hopefully will be rolled out as soon as ED are happy with it.

No point testing a known issue with an old version :)

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Thanks to red_coreSix and BIGNEWY for clearing this up for me. I'm now eagerly awaiting the next release version patch!

GEAR: Saitek X-52 Pro; Combat Rudder Pedals; Throttle Quadrants. Thrustmaster MFD's, TrackIR 5 w/Pro Clip, Turtle Beach X-12 Headset

merged the threads.

as mentioned before if you have tracks I can collect data, the shorter the better.

Bare in mind the weapons are not supposed to be a 100% hit rate, and you have the chance of having your weapon defeated by defensive fire

But not by Osa SAM... also I fired 4 missiles, shouldn't at least one of them hit? Is target hit rate 75 or 80% or so?

DCS Wishlist: 2K11 Krug SA-4 Ganef SAM, VR-TrackIR icons next to player names in score-chart

PvP: 100+ manual player-kills with Stingers on a well known dynamic campaign server - 100+ VTOL FARP landings & 125+ hours AV-8B, F-14 crew, royal dutch airforce F-16C - PvP campaigns since 2013

DCS server-admins: please adhere to a common sense gaming industry policy as most server admins throughout the industry do. (After all there's enough hostility on the internet already which really doesn't help anyone. Thanks.)

Dell Visor VR headset, Ryzen 5 5600 (6C/12T), RTX 2060 - basic DCS-community rule-of-thumb: Don't believe bad things that a PvP pilot claims about another PvP pilot without having analyzed the existing evidence

• ED Team
But not by Osa SAM... also I fired 4 missiles, shouldn't at least one of them hit? Is target hit rate 75 or 80% or so?

I will take a look at an OSA give me some time :)

edit:

Just checked seems fine to me, have you tried in beta yet? if not wait for the patch to hit release and you should see better results.

Edited by BIGNEWY

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Well the OP Blue Flag server runs stable at the moment... :/

DCS Wishlist: 2K11 Krug SA-4 Ganef SAM, VR-TrackIR icons next to player names in score-chart

PvP: 100+ manual player-kills with Stingers on a well known dynamic campaign server - 100+ VTOL FARP landings & 125+ hours AV-8B, F-14 crew, royal dutch airforce F-16C - PvP campaigns since 2013

DCS server-admins: please adhere to a common sense gaming industry policy as most server admins throughout the industry do. (After all there's enough hostility on the internet already which really doesn't help anyone. Thanks.)

Dell Visor VR headset, Ryzen 5 5600 (6C/12T), RTX 2060 - basic DCS-community rule-of-thumb: Don't believe bad things that a PvP pilot claims about another PvP pilot without having analyzed the existing evidence

• ED Team

I need short tracks which is difficult in MP I know,

Often if a MP track is to long to many variables can screw things up, in these cases I will change the track to a miz and setup a airborne start on the targets to try and reproduce the situation

What I have tested so far with the ED team has been good hits, but we will continue to look at it.

I need short tracks which is difficult in MP I know,

Often if a MP track is to long to many variables can screw things up, in these cases I will change the track to a miz and setup a airborne start on the targets to try and reproduce the situation

What I have tested so far with the ED team has been good hits, but we will continue to look at it.

I gotta say I need to do more testing, then I can say something. As I said, it seems to be.. doesn't mean it is broken though

Anyway, I will tell you the results

FYI, the SAM Osa began shooting at missiles fired at it some time ago after one of the recent patches, around Oct 2016 IIRC. Before that, it never fired at incoming missiles.

BIGNEWY, I was testing again the SEAD missiles and yes it's working, but there are a few things that I'm not sure if it's working as it should or not.

As Winston said, the SA-8 Osa is shooting at the missiles, I'm not saying it's wrong or not, however I don't remember Osas shooting at missiles in the past, maybe they implemented this because the SA-8 has the ability to do it?

Can you confirm that?

• ED Team

I have just checked, Osa will fire in defence, it is also set as default now

As Winston said, the SA-8 Osa is shooting at the missiles, I'm not saying it's wrong or not, however I don't remember Osas shooting at missiles in the past, maybe they implemented this because the SA-8 has the ability to do it?

Just about any SAM can engage missile sized targets at close range, the SA-8 could actually always do that but it has a very long reaction time from detection to missile launch, so usually it gets hit before it can react.

Seems like the SA-19 is now engaging missiles with cannon in self defense too.

Seems like the SA-19 is now engaging missiles with cannon in self defense too.

Yeah, but it's been a while since the SA-19 started engaging missiles with the 30mm gun. The Osa has indeed a very long reaction time, it takes 30 seconds to lock..

SEAD missiles are definitely working.

Thanks!

kh 58

just ran a test with kh 58 one set to two target sa3ew and a osha sa8 one missile on both.

both kh 58 guided to sa3 ew radar it is a more powerful radar.

try with the mpu and the missiles went to the Target assigned.

I think the missile loss lock in the ground clutter. two fixes that would work have the missile just go stupid under say 250 feet agl., take the reacquire out of the missile ai.

the real missiles beam ride to the target so most of the maneuvering would be just after the boost. it should act like a laser guided bomb.

is their a dev. tool that show were the missile Seeker head is looking?

1.5.6 update test four ribal mpu vs sa3 & osa.trk

1.5.6 update test ka58 osa target vs sa3 & osa.trk

1.5.6 update test two kh 58 vs sa3 & osa.trk

is their a dev. tool that show were the missile Seeker head is looking?

Scripting function Weapon.getTarget() should work for anti-radiation missiles. I've really only tested it with A2A missiles though so I can't say for certain.

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum

p.s The KAB500kr is a different issue to do with the wind.

Are you sure about that? Because the missile is mostly on track until that final turn right before hitting. Turning the opposite direction would probably lead to a hit...

• 11 months later...

SU25T sead H46 and H50

Hi, after creating a hawk side the H46 and H50 are 800mtrs seperated .When I have a lockon on H46 all [2] missiles [58] goes to the H50 position also when fired from the Nr 2 aircraft [AI].Why? Only when the H50 is out of the air it becomes possible to lockon and elliminate this H46 site!