Full screen or not full screen

harf4ng

Hi,

As stated in some other thread about the settings to use while in VR, the game is not full screen on my screen (of course, it is full screen in the VR headset, an HTC Vive).

My issue is that with the sim not full screen, sometimes (quite often) in VR when I want to click on things in the cockpit, I click outside the window area. As a result DCS World loses focus, and therefore all commands, including the stick, do not work anymore, which is a pain. I have to remove the headset, click again in the game window to have it work again.

So, I tried to click "full screen" but seems does nothing in VR. My game is still windowed.

Any suggestion?

Thanks

Favorite modules : Huey, F-86F, F14 and P-51D

Quest 2, RTX 3080, i7 10700K, 16 Gb of RAM, Pro Flight Trainer PUMA helicopter setup, Warthog HOTAS with two force sensitive stick, custom cockpit and a GS-Cobra dynamic seat.

Hi,

As stated in some other thread about the settings to use while in VR, the game is not full screen on my screen (of course, it is full screen in the VR headset, an HTC Vive).

My issue is that with the sim not full screen, sometimes (quite often) in VR when I want to click on things in the cockpit, I click outside the window area. As a result DCS World loses focus, and therefore all commands, including the stick, do not work anymore, which is a pain. I have to remove the headset, click again in the game window to have it work again.

So, I tried to click "full screen" but seems does nothing in VR. My game is still windowed.

Any suggestion?

Thanks

Hi.

Go to the DCS settings menu, VR tab and check that the mouse is restricted to the game window. This will stop most inadvertent desktop activations but I still find that the task bar can be activated so click and hold the Windows task bar (before entering the sim) and drag it to the side of your monitor. It will now be out of reach of DCS.

Cheers.

Jav.

Karma's a wonderful thing ;)

The mouse is already restricted to the game window, though I have noticed than clicking on the mouse while the pointer is on the edge of the screen still allows to click on the desktop, therefore losing the focus of the game window.

So, no way in VR to have the game full screen for the desktop window?

Maybe I'll have to stop using the mouse, and using my view instead to watch where I want to click, and have a button to select that, though this is not very convenient to aim to a switch with my eyes ^^

Thanks

Quest 2, RTX 3080, i7 10700K, 16 Gb of RAM, Pro Flight Trainer PUMA helicopter setup, Warthog HOTAS with two force sensitive stick, custom cockpit and a GS-Cobra dynamic seat.

Thanks will check this evening. I'm at work atm...

On a related note: Has anybody ever experienced any performance differences between running in full screen (alt enter) or not?

A warrior's mission is to foster the success of others.

i9-12900K | MSI RTX 3080Ti Suprim X | 128 GB Ram 3200 MHz DDR-4 | MSI MPG Edge Z690 | Samung EVO 980 Pro SSD | Virpil Stick, Throttle and Collective | MFG Crosswind | HP Reverb G2

RAT - On the Range - Rescue Helo - Recovery Tanker - Warehouse - Airboss

Too bad we always have to alt enter for that and that the full screen checkbox does nothing ;)