Controls missing AXIS assignments. What is the deal with the brakes?

Schmidtfire

Brakes on keys only for the FC3 aircraft are a holdover from earlier days. Only recently have they added brake axis' to the F-15C and Su-27. IIRC these are the only FC3 planes to have gotten the brake axis added as part of the newer flight models. Funny, they already gave the A-10A an accurate flight model, but didn't add brakes on an axis.

Brakes on an axis for the "A" would be nice I agree, but I don't think this should be looked at as needing to be fixed but rather a feature that could be added. The FC3 aircraft are getting a surprising amount of new features lately, so maybe they'll show some more love for the "A" in the future.

Other things that would be nice to improve on the FC3 A-10A:

1. Make the altimeter adjustable.

2. Fix the canopy closing sound (it continues to make sound well after it's closed)

3. Add strobes or flashing NAV lights.

4. Animate some toggle switches. Example: animate the EAC toggle switch so we can see if it's on or off.

5. (add your wishes here)

CPU: i7 980x @ 4.2GHz RAM: 24gb Corsair Vengeance

MB: Gigabyte Sniper X58 w/onboard Soundblaster X-Fi

HD: SanDisk 480gb SSD OS: Win7 Pro 64bit

VIDEO CARD: EVGA GTX 980ti FTW

MONITOR: LG 34" Ultrawide 2560x1080

MP SERVER: ibuypower i7-4810MQ w/Win7 Home 64bit

GEAR: Saitek X-52 Pro; Combat Rudder Pedals; Throttle Quadrants. Thrustmaster MFD's, TrackIR 5 w/Pro Clip, Turtle Beach X-12 Headset

Put simply, the A-10A still has the SFM (Simple flight model), and the others all have PFM. It is a throwback to the days of Flaming cliffs. The F-15C and Su-27 both had flight model updates, but that has yet to be extended to the A-10A.

So currently, you cannot assign an axis to the brakes of the A-10A.

Nope. The A10A has AFM+ with limited modeling of fluids and hydraulics. SFM aircraft don't have brake axis. Since the A10A has an advanced fligth model, it should probably have the same toe brakes as the F-15C afm. I guess that the A10A model is a bit overlooked, but I do hope that it will recieve some love in future. It is great for 1980-1990s old school action. But I guess that focus is (and should be) on the upcoming Su-33 and MiG29 updates...

• 2 months later...

So in looking back, these would be welcomed fixes and additions to the A-10A

1. Fix the CBU-87's that fall short of the CCIP aim point.

2. Animate the EAC toggle switch so we can see at a glance if it's on or off.

3. Add strobes or flashing NAV lights.

4. Make the altimeter adjustable.

5. Illuminate the backup compass on the windscreen frame when cockpit lights are on.

6. Fix the canopy closing sound that continues well after the canopy is fully closed.

7. Add toe brakes axis.

Probably a slim chance for any of this but FC3 aircraft are getting some attention from time to time.

CPU: i7 980x @ 4.2GHz RAM: 24gb Corsair Vengeance

MB: Gigabyte Sniper X58 w/onboard Soundblaster X-Fi

HD: SanDisk 480gb SSD OS: Win7 Pro 64bit

VIDEO CARD: EVGA GTX 980ti FTW

MONITOR: LG 34" Ultrawide 2560x1080

MP SERVER: ibuypower i7-4810MQ w/Win7 Home 64bit

GEAR: Saitek X-52 Pro; Combat Rudder Pedals; Throttle Quadrants. Thrustmaster MFD's, TrackIR 5 w/Pro Clip, Turtle Beach X-12 Headset