AIM-9 seeker sound sounding when NOT selected??

Ala12Rv-watermanpc

Hi, just not sure if this is the way it should or a bug/problem by my side but I have noticed, that when I set the "GUNS, MISSILE, AND CAMERA SWITCH" to the "GUNS, MSL and CAMR" position (the upper one), the sidewinders star to produce theis seeker sound when they are NOT selected in the "ARMAMENT POSITION SELECTOR"...:huh:...no matter if I select and de-select them the sound is ALWAYS there...is that normal??

I think not because Im pretty sure yesterday I was flying with a couple of AIM9s with the "GUNS, MISSILE, AND CAMERA SWITCH" in the upper position and as soon as I deselect the missiles the sound dissapeared, which I find should be right...

Not a problem with the volume btw.

Thanks!!

Take a look at my MODS here

To add slightly more information, I'll quote myself:

Yes it's intentional, there's a post here with an exerpt from what I presume is the flight manual.

The short version is: with guns/missiles armed, you always hear the tone if you have a Sidewinder on your left wingtip. If you've fired that, then you should only hear the tone if you have a Sidewinder on your right wingtip and it's selected on the armament panel.

• Like 1

Sorry for coming back again in this thread, but I just wanted to ask you guys what does this line mean in the 2.0.4 release notes:

F-5E

"AIM-9 tone will not be heard if both wingtips gone off."

I know you told me the seeker sound should be on even when AIM9s are not "enabled" but seems to be a contradiction with this note right?? ( Although I can still hear the sound always in the 2.0.4 despite what the release note says)

Also, look at this video at 24:50 mark...seekers are not sounding if AIM9s are not enabled even when the MSL, GUNS and CMR switch is up just like I though it should be

So, what about this??

Edited by watermanpc

Take a look at my MODS here

the sidewinder growl is annoying when you just want to use guns for ground attack.

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD

Just turn it down

huh you dont say....

except you cant completely mute it, otherwise I wouldn't be posting

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD

• 3 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...

NAVAIR 01-F5AAA-1 page VIII-25-7

25.2.7 AIM-9 MISSILE AUDIO TONE

The audio tone of either missile is activated or shut off by the corresponding wingtip armament position selector switch without arming the missile. With both switches up, only the tone from left missile is audible.

• 3 weeks later...

From the DCS F-5E manual, page 141, #6:

Armament Position Selector Switches

Selects respective pylons and wingtip launchers.

OFF – Disconnects electrical power.

UP – Connects electrical power.

If no electrical power to the respective missiles, what generates the growl? :music_whistling:

The Hornet is best at killing things on the ground. Now, if we could just get a GAU-8 in the nose next to the AN/APG-65, a titanium tub around the pilot, and a couple of J-58 engines in the tail...