Thrustmaster T-Flight Hotas X Joystick

Good starter setup to get you going with most everything you need to fly, but somewhat limited on input buttons so fighter setup will not be optimal. However, this system DOES have a rudimentary rudder axis built in so you can "get away" with not having rudder pedals, but it would be recommended to get a set if you can afford it.

Two minor complaints I have:

1. The springs in the joystick are not very smooth and seem to sometimes "catch" (for lack of a better word) near the center of the movement.

2. The cable connecting the two separable parts (stick and throttle assemblies) is a bit too short for my liking.

I also wish the throttle section was completely removable as I have since added the TWCS throttle and have an extra component just sitting around getting in the way since the cord connecting it is permanently fixed, at least without going inside the device to remove it.

All in all, I'd say it's a worthwhile setup on a budget.

Hope that helps,

Highspeed

I had one and liked it as an interim when my X55 croaked.

For me the large rocker was way better for rudder than the twist of the stick which you can lock down. That is...if you dont have pedals and need it.

Cooler Master HAF XB EVO , ASUS P8Z77-V, i7-3770K @ 4.6GHz, Noctua AC, 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro, EVGA 1080TI 11GB, 2 Samsung 840 Pro 540GB SSDs Raid 0, 1TB HDD, EVGA SuperNOVA 1300W PS, G930 Wireless SS Headset, TrackIR5/Wireless Proclip, TM Warthog, Saitek Pro Combat Pedals, 75" Samsung 4K QLED, HP Reverb G2, Win 10

I'm using this at the moment. In general it's ok, probably lacks just a few buttons for DCS.

Biggest problem though for me though as mentioned before for precise movements near the center of the stick it does stick a bit too much and creaks. This has gotten worse since I bought it.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

GIGABYTE 78LMT

AMD FX-8350

MSI ARMOR 1060 GTX 3GB

32 GB RAM DDR3 1600

SSD 120GB OS - DCS Installed

SSD 240GB

HDD 1TB

1080p @ 60hz

I have one but don't use it now, over time I kept searching for precision particularly with something like the P-51 and gunnery. I eventually went to a TM warthog and then an extension for it. Doing this Completely changed the sims I play without a doubt. Thing is a TM warthog is seriously more expensive of course. I would recommend one (TM warthog) to anybody, but I guess it comes down to what you're prepared to pay for a stick, if it's you're first joystick and you're learning sims then maybe it's a good choice but personally I didn't like it. :)

harrier landing GIFRYZEN 7 3700X Running at 4.35 GHz

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080Ti

32gb DDR4 RAM @3200 MHz

Oculus CV1 NvME 970 EVO

TM Warthog Stick & Throttle plus 11" extension. VKB T-Rudder MKIV

I really benefit from the Rudder Rocker on the Throttle.

I can't use rudder pedals in my current set-up and I HATE twist rudder.

I happily used the HOTAS X for years until I realised that stability around centre stick wasn't as good as it could be.

This was a problem for fine aiming in War thunder but not so much for flying DCS.

I added a Thrusmaster T16000m stick and kept the HOTAS X Throttle.

This combination works just great for me.

OS:Win10 Home CPU:i7 3770K 3.5(@4.3GHz) COOLER:ZalmanCNPS10X-PERFORMA MOBO:GigabyteGA-Z77X-UD5H SSD#1:SamsungEVO850Pro 500GB SSD#2:SanDisk240GB HDD:2x Seagate2TB GFX:GigabyteGTX670 WF3 2GB OC1058MHz RAM:16GB 16000MHz DDR3 KEYB'Ds:Corsair K95/MS SidewinderX4 MOUSE:LogitechG700s MON:2x ASUS 24” ROUTER:ASUS RT-N66U DarkKnight INTERWEBS:Fibre152Mbps/12Mbps JOYSTICK:TM T16000m Modded THROTTLE:TM TWCS HEADTRACK:TrackIR5Pro

This has gotten worse since I bought it.
Spray some bike grease into the gap between the stick and the rubber cover so that it lubricates the coupling. Repeat every six months or so.

The DCS Mi-8MTV2. The best aviational BBW experience you could ever dream of.

Thanks all very much for your replies, As im starting out new (never used a sim) i think just to start it will be good enough!

Does anyone know if this stick has one or 2 usbs?

Cheers

One USB. The throttle is physically detachable and has an interconnect cable to the main joystick but from the computer perspective, it is all one controller and all axis are assigned to this one controller.

Highspeed

Thanks all very much for your replies, As im starting out new (never used a sim) i think just to start it will be good enough!

Does anyone know if this stick has one or 2 usbs?

Cheers

Just the one USB cable.

The two units are joined by a fixed cable.

You can also use them bolted together if you're stuck for space.

OS:Win10 Home CPU:i7 3770K 3.5(@4.3GHz) COOLER:ZalmanCNPS10X-PERFORMA MOBO:GigabyteGA-Z77X-UD5H SSD#1:SamsungEVO850Pro 500GB SSD#2:SanDisk240GB HDD:2x Seagate2TB GFX:GigabyteGTX670 WF3 2GB OC1058MHz RAM:16GB 16000MHz DDR3 KEYB'Ds:Corsair K95/MS SidewinderX4 MOUSE:LogitechG700s MON:2x ASUS 24” ROUTER:ASUS RT-N66U DarkKnight INTERWEBS:Fibre152Mbps/12Mbps JOYSTICK:TM T16000m Modded THROTTLE:TM TWCS HEADTRACK:TrackIR5Pro

One USB. The throttle is physically detachable and has an interconnect cable to the main joystick but from the computer perspective, it is all one controller and all axis are assigned to this one controller.

Highspeed

Just the one USB cable.

The two units are joined by a fixed cable.

You can also use them bolted together if you're stuck for space.

Thats great thanks guys! Think I will be buying at the weekend!

:joystick: It is one USB. The throttle and stick connect to each other even when separated.

Manual here: https://www.manualslib.com/manual/1130829/Thrustmaster-T-Flight-Hotas-X.html

BTW- welcome to this great community. You made a great choice of where to start your Flight Sim career. :pilotfly:

<S>

Edit: triple sniped LOL!

Edited by MegOhm_SD

Cooler Master HAF XB EVO , ASUS P8Z77-V, i7-3770K @ 4.6GHz, Noctua AC, 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro, EVGA 1080TI 11GB, 2 Samsung 840 Pro 540GB SSDs Raid 0, 1TB HDD, EVGA SuperNOVA 1300W PS, G930 Wireless SS Headset, TrackIR5/Wireless Proclip, TM Warthog, Saitek Pro Combat Pedals, 75" Samsung 4K QLED, HP Reverb G2, Win 10

I use the Hotas X also, and it has lasted about 4 years so far, and still going strong. the pit falls have been stated so far( a little "sticky" at center, but curve of 25 or so really helped that). also only one hat switch is a limitation, but I mapped my Lt ctrl, alt and shift keys to control sensors and trim etc. also has rudimentary force feedback. Is a great low cost option. mine was 40$us or so if I recall correctly

We are Virtual Pilots, a growing International Squad of pilots, we fly Allies in WWII and Red Force in Korea and Modern combat. We are recruiting like minded people of all Nationalities and skill levels.

http://virtual-pilots.com/

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I use the Hotas X also, and it has lasted about 4 years so far, and still going strong. the pit falls have been stated so far( a little "sticky" at center, but curve of 25 or so really helped that). also only one hat switch is a limitation, but I mapped my Lt ctrl, alt and shift keys to control sensors and trim etc. also has rudimentary force feedback. Is a great low cost option. mine was 40$us or so if I recall correctly

Rudimentary force feedback? Please elaborate? I wasn't aware there was any.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

GIGABYTE 78LMT

AMD FX-8350

MSI ARMOR 1060 GTX 3GB

32 GB RAM DDR3 1600

SSD 120GB OS - DCS Installed

SSD 240GB

HDD 1TB

1080p @ 60hz