"Connection timed out" on server join

Frost15

I've been having this problem since I got DCS... I'm simply unable to join large servers because it'll sit on the loading screen for a while, then boot me back to the MP menu with the message "Connection timed out". I can join less taxing servers like Aerobatics Online, but even those will still boot me at least once. Specs are as follows:

DCS 1.5.5

Intel Core i5 @ 3.1GHz

8GB DDR3 RAM

GTX750TI SC

When I'm actually in the game, everything runs very smoothly, it's just the whole "joining" part that kills it. I suspect something like low memory... but I'm not sure. Any ideas as to what may be occurring? I really want to fly Blue Flag :helpsmilie:

"Any landing you can walk away from is one you'll be criticized on in some way"

~Me

I don't get red shield with KneeboardBuilder nor the fact that I've slimmed down the main game folder kneeboard.

On timeout think about your ping levels as lsisted in the server list. If you in the several hundreds you are asking a lot.

Can you run your own server - 'New Server' in MP. Can anyone else see it?

klem

56 RAF 'Firebirds'

ASUS ROG Strix Z390-F mobo, i7 8086A @ 5.0 GHz with Corsair H115i watercooling, Gigabyte 2080Ti GAMING OC 11Gb GPU , 32Gb DDR4 RAM, 500Gb and 256Gb SSD SATA III 6Gb/s + 2TB , Pimax 8k Plus VR, TM Warthog Throttle, TM F18 Grip on Virpil WarBRD base, Windows 10 Home 64bit

I use VPN when things getting worse. I'm an active Blue Flag player and since the server is in Europe, very far away from my location, using VPN (Avira Phantom) and connect it to Europe base server really help. It goes from 300 to 250. I can't guarantee it'll work for you tho because the results may vary.

Good luck

Edited by Oceandar

Mastering others is strength. Mastering yourself is true power. - Lao Tze

• 3 weeks later...

RST MI, if you set your graphics to low, do you have the same problem?

We had a team mate in our team what has some low specs, he had the same problem.

He was turning the settings all to low, and his problem was solved, we turned up one by one the details settings.

hope this will solve your problem as well..

MrMaverick

Pilot in the RAZBAM Harrier DIsplay Team

Mavericks Youtube: My Youtube Channel

Discord: https://discord.gg/MRU8m5m

• 2 weeks later...