3Dmigoto mod for VR: zoom + brightness increase

lefuneste01

Hello,

I purchased recently a Razer HDK2 and was bothered by the too dark image and by the lack of zoom in DCS (HDK2 use steamVR, so same as the vive).

So ,as with 3Dvision, I made a mod with the 3Dmigoto library to have these missing functions with my headset.

The mod is in two parts:one for DCS World and one for SteamVR. the DCS part may work alone, otherwise you will need to install the SteamVR one. It is only working for VIVE and OSVR HDK2.

By default you will have a 2X zoom toggle when pressing down arrow key, 4x zoom toggle with the uparrow key.

Brightness increase is toggled on/off with left arrow key.

These parameters can me modified in d3dx.ini:

• Zoom zone Radius (square value) : line 34 "z = 0.5". The number is related to screen dimension ( -1<=>+1 for each axis). This should not be greater than 1-border width or less than border width

• Zoom border width (square value) : line 35 "w = 0.01". The number is related to screen dimension ( -1<=>+1 for each axis)

• Zoom max factor : line 89 "y = 4.0". This is the maximum multiplicator factor.

• Zoom medium factor : line 80 "y = 2.0". This is the medium multiplicator factor.

• Brightness change : line 32 "x=0.1" and line 71 "x = 0.0, 0.1". replace 0.1 by the value you need. It could be positive (brightness increase) or negative (brightness decrease).

Install for DCS

With JSGME

unzip DCS_VR_3dMigoto*.zip somewhere (you may have a warning, ignore it)

copy the "DCS_VR_3dMigoto/DCS_VR_3dMigoto" folder in the JSGME mod directory

install "DCS_VR_3dMigoto*" mod with JSGME

With OvGME

copy the DCS_VR_3dMigoto*.zip file in the OvGME mod directory

install "DCS_VR_3dMigoto*" mod with OvGME

Without JSGME (you shouldn't)

unzip DCS_VR_3dMigoto*.zip somewhere (you may have a warning, ignore it)

copy the content of the "DCS_VR_3dMigoto/DCS_VR_3dMigoto" folder in DCS world install DIR

Install for SteamVR

With JSGME

unzip DCS_VR_3dMigotoSteamVR*.zip somewhere (you may have a warning, ignore it)

copy the "DCS_VR_3dMigotoSteamVR/DCS_VR_3dMigotoSteamVR" folder in the JSGME mod directory

install "DCS_VR_3dMigotoSteamVR*" mod with JSGME

With OvGME

copy the DCS_VR_3dMigotoSteamVR*.zip file in the OvGME mod directory

install "DCS_VR_3dMigotoSteamVR*" mod with OvGME

Without JSGME (you shouldn't)

unzip DCS_VR_3dMigotoSteamVR*.zip somewhere (you may have a warning, ignore it)

copy the content of the "DCS_VR_3dMigotoSteamVR/DCS_VR_3dMigotoSteamVR" folder in Steam\steamapps\common\SteamVR install DIR

Screen_161120_172657.thumb.jpg.ff0a176edad3214f27c1c28b63f50067.jpg

Screen_161120_172815.thumb.jpg.0ee010afad033c44e767e06ff9249245.jpg

Screen_161120_172818.thumb.jpg.5df2e40dfaded685ae0e6eadbacda613.jpg

Edited by lefuneste01

P8700K @4.8 GHz, 3080ti, 32 GB RAM, HP reverb Pro.

I spend my time making 3dmigoto VR mods for BoS and DCS instead of flying, see https://www.patreon.com/lefuneste

Tracking is the weak point of HDK2, I hope that it is for the moment only. A new version of tracking software should be provided one day.

But the mod should work for all headset.

I spend my time making 3dmigoto VR mods for BoS and DCS instead of flying, see https://www.patreon.com/lefuneste

I have tried to get this mod to work with the HTC Vive with ZERO luck. Anything special I have to do to get this working. I used the Generic Mod Enabler to install the mod. Looked at the instructions and I should just have to press the arrows to get the correct zoom to work, but nope, still not working at all. Please Help

hey mate,

just tested your mod

works on the desktop with vr disabled.

no effect however when vr enabled.

I'm using the HTC vive with beta software

let me know if you want a tester to pass versions to for a fix . happy to help as this is a critical mod for vive users imo

Tracking is the weak point of HDK2, I hope that it is for the moment only. A new version of tracking software should be provided one day.

But the mod should work for all headset.

Hi, can you give some details how bad / good is tracking with hdk2 (i can get really cheap hdk 2 )

Can you play/fly easily with hdk2 , without it loosing track etc..

Thanks

-Esa

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oculus CV1, Odyssey, Pimax 5k+ (i5 8400, 24gb ddr4 3000mhz, 1080Ti OC )

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

@SnyperKill : Did you have the mod working in no VR mode like jimiC ?

This should be the first thing to check.

@jimiC : That is unexpected ! I made a quick search in internet for another shader injector library (ReShade) and it seems that it is woking only in extended mode for the Vive and not working at all for the Rift. So can you try the extended mode if you own a Vive ?

@Haukka81 : for the moment I spent more time in configuring the HDK2 than flying with it ! I made 2 flight of 5/10 mins, but this is not enough to have a good idea. Teh recenter key must be mapped to the joy I did not update my profile yet.

The tracking is not very good when I lean outside the Ka50 door to see the pilon, for example.

tried both direct and extended mode, no effect

That's bad, because I can not help in this case...It Looks like the 3dmigoto hook can only work with the OSVR driver....I was not expecting that, because OSVR use steamVR.

I do not know what to do, I will ask to 3Dmigoto guys, but I doubt that they have a Vive. I will update the first post.

@SnyperKill : Did you have the mod working in no VR mode like jimiC ?

This should be the first thing to check.

@jimiC : That is unexpected ! I made a quick search in internet for another shader injector library (ReShade) and it seems that it is woking only in extended mode for the Vive and not working at all for the Rift. So can you try the extended mode if you own a Vive ?

@Haukka81 : for the moment I spent more time in configuring the HDK2 than flying with it ! I made 2 flight of 5/10 mins, but this is not enough to have a good idea. Teh recenter key must be mapped to the joy I did not update my profile yet.

The tracking is not very good when I lean outside the Ka50 door to see the pilon, for example.

I was so frustrated with this not working in VR Mode, I didnt even think to try and it without VR. I think someone else here did get it to work but only when he did have his VR running

Good news for you : I had now the same problem than jimic : The mod is now working only in no VR mode only. So, as it has worked for me before, it may work for you too.

Bad news: I do not know why it is no more working now !

The only thing I made between the working and no working situation is activate 3Dvision, because I had to fix my 3Dvision 3Dmigoto mod for the last DCS version. So I will reinstall NVIDIA drivers with a DDU run before to try to come back to the previous situation.

Hi All,

Tested with OSVR HDK2:

- Zoom work propely, even with HUD

- Brightness work fine also

No FPS lost in my case (i5 6600k, gtx 1070, 16Go DDR4)

Mod tested and approved :thumbup:

Excellent boulot Lefuneste

++

Loulou

How is trakking ? Im just still edge to buy osvr hdk2 but everywhere where i read tracking problems pop Up :/

Just plan to use it dcs only , so only dcs performance is important

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

How is trakking ? Im just still edge to buy osvr hdk2 but everywhere where i read tracking problems pop Up :/

Just plan to use it dcs only , so only dcs performance is important

If you want a good tracking, now, don't take the HDK2. If you're OK to wait a program change to improve the tracking precision (without know when it'll done) , bought the HDK2.

How did you go on drivers?

Would there be any other global Nvidia settings that could cause problems ?

A desinstall/reinstall doesn't change anything. But it's working for Haukka81, so there is a hope....I asked him on a french forum some informations about his configuration. I will not have time to work on it untill this weekend, unfortunately.

If you want a good tracking, now, don't take the HDK2. If you're OK to wait a program change to improve the tracking precision (without know when it'll done) , bought the HDK2.

I confirmed. If you puchase the HDK2 you will spend more time trying to make thing work than playing in DCS. I like that, it gives me the feeling of beeing an hacker (which is obviously not true) but I think that it is not the case for a lot of people.

I confirmed. If you puchase the HDK2 you will spend more time trying to make thing work than playing in DCS. I like that, it gives me the feeling of beeing an hacker (which is obviously not true) but I think that it is not the case for a lot of people.

New firmware should make thing lot better , please tell what you think when ever you have time to test.

:)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

That's pretty funny! :D:thumbup:

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1

I am still stuck with my regression problem, so I will try this week end to roll back my rig to a September backup.

anyway I tried to use ReShade (another shader injection program) and had the same symptoms, even in extended mode. By looking on internet I read that it may work in extended mode. Can someone else try it ?

The restoration did not allow me to make my mod work again.

So I made another one, by modding the excellent Frenchy's NVG mod !

It is here.

Good news: this time, it should work with all headset, because it replace files directly into DCS install. No library or shader injection.

Bad news :it will work only with planes/helos that have NVG...But, as people can add new weapons to planes, maybe it could be possible to add NVG to planes that did not have them or, like the Shark, that can not have HMD and NVG at the same time ? If you know ho to do it, post here...

How it works : Start the NVG (h key) and navigate through NVG magnitude with RCRTL+RHSIFT+h or RALT+RSHIFT+h key. The magnitude gives you 3 levels of zoom for Night (standard) and day (new feature) view in the NVG. Go down through the lowest magnitude to have the standard day view, then increase it to go through x1.4/x2.0/X4.0 zoom. Then you will have standard NVG night view and x1.4/x2.0/X4.0 NVG night zoom.

It may be hard to increase the magnitude of a t small anough step with keyboard, but it works well when keys are mapped to a joystick (at least with the Pulse function of Warthog).

The mod also increase brightness for No NVG view.

The real magnitude of NVG can no more be modified in game (I never feel the need to made that anyway) but you can set it in the MOD_nvg.hlsl file (see below)

Installation: unzip frenchy's NVG mod, unzip the VRZoomForFrenchysNVGmod into its directory (nvd.fx and MOD_nvg.hlsl will be replaced).

You can modify some parameter in MOD_nvg.hlsl:

The magnitude of NVG amplification : change the "60" number in line "static const float tmpMag = 60;"

All other parameters of Frenchy's mod except the RenderMode that should be kept to 2. I have already modified the center position and the ring size of the default version.

Voila ! This is not as usefull as the 3dmigoto mod, but at least it will allow me to go back to the gazelle campaign in VR.

• 3 weeks later...

I finally found the way to make my 3dmigoto mod working again. I think that it should work for Vive too...

It will provide a better zoom (from my point of view) that the default one (both can and should be used) and also control of brightness...Maybe a way also for some to fix the "washed color" of the current version, as it gives control on brightness.

By the way here is a status of the HDK2 : the last firmware made it works with SteamVR flawlessly, but the tracking is still waiting for an upgrade, that may come soon.

Edited by lefuneste01
status of HDK2