Aggressor campaign from Maple Flag

ram0506

A new campaign from Maple Flag to be announced soon/today?:smilewink:

Edited by ram0506

I7 6700K, Asus Z170 Pro Gaming, EVGA GTX1080Ti SC, 32GB DDR4 @ 3000, Win10 64, BenQ EW3270ZL 2560x1440, VPC WarBRD Base + TM Warthog Grip, TM Warthog Throttle, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals, Oculus Rift S

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep link is broken in English but Russian did work but doesn't want to Risk some Cyrillic Briefings might be don't work very well for me :lol:

Once you have tasted Flight, you will forever walk the Earth with your Eyes turned Skyward.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

9./JG27

Worked for me. I have a question about singel player missions. where are they located? "10 single player practice missions with in-air starts so you can perfect your BFM tactics and techniques" I cant seem to find them in game.

Edited by bC3660

To play these or any of the practice missions (or even the campaign missions) as single player missions do the following:

Step 1: Select the Missions Tab in the Game Menu and then the F-5E module.

Step 2: Double click the Folder icon at the top of the list and keep double clicking it until you get to the level where you can see the aircraft, campaigns, tech and terrains folders. Select the campaigns folder.

Step 3: Select the F-5E BFM Campaign folder and you should see all the missions provided with the campaign download.

See below screenshot.

921677838_F-5EMissionList.thumb.JPG.ecc1953d8c47a058bdeae385e0e9d8aa.JPG

Edited by Sabre-TLA

F-15C-User-Bar-ACM.v2.jpg

MapleFlagMissions - Read Our Blog for Updates

To play these or any of the practice missions (or even the campaign missions) as single player missions do the following:

Step 1: Select the Missions Tab in the Game Menu and then the F-5E module.

Step 2: Double click the Folder icon at the top of the list and keep double clicking it until you get to the level where you can see the aircraft, campaigns, tech and terrains folders. Select the campaigns folder.

Step 3: Select the F-5E BFM Campaign folder and you should see all the missions provided with the campaign download.

I'll update this post with some screenshots later.

Thanks

Thanks Sabre, looking forward to these. The F-5E is an absolute joy to fly.

i7 7700K | 32GB RAM | GTX 1080Ti | Rift CV1 | TM Warthog | Win 10

"There will always be people with a false sense of entitlement.

You can want it, you can ask for it, but you don't automatically deserve it. "

Nice job so far, only issue I've seen is your flight leads departure on the first mission, this might be based on him transitioning from lead to wingman and how the DCS AI deals with it, but he most definitely screwed up the FLEX Departure overflying the airfield at traffic pattern. So far really nicely done.

Updated after 2nd mission: 10x10. Only thing I saw was the GWarm after calling Fenced In. Fence In means your ready to fight, not still waiting on GWarm completion. Besides that the training rules nailed it as well. Love to see you and Steve Davies together. The details, check-in, rogering up and work put in is best I've seen so far.Thanks!

Edited by viperdogsnake

on

Thanks Viperdogsnake! That means a lot coming from you.

Yes the flight lead is supposed to orbit waiting for the player to join. We will see if we can get a better orbit routine for him.

We debated on when to do the G-Warm as we wanted to Fence In after entering the range and it seemed a likely spot. Maybe we can swap it in a future update to make it more to spec.

Please keep the feedback coming as we can integrate changes into future Aggressor campaigns we have planned.

I honestly think the G-Warm could be scrapped altogether for all your campaigns. I rarely if ever do it. It was cool the first few times I had to do it, but I'm not actually in the air so I feel it's a bit needless. But to each their own I guess. But I can tell I really need to get my homework done for this Jet after the Fam flight.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

but I'm not actually in the air so I feel it's a bit needless.

Your simulated pilot is in simulated air and can gain G tolerance in flight, though.

Yes, that stuff is simulated... :thumbup:

Go pull 7g and sustain it for 270-360 degrees in any aircraft without a G warm-up, then try that with the warm-up --- What happens? With the warm up you don't end up pulling into the tunnel and/or GLOC'ing.

Lord of Salt

After the familiarization flight I figured I try the next Mission with the 1 on 1 and what can I say:

I have no idea how to throw this thing into a Dogfight.

I always loose the energy and can't get behind the opponent after we merged head on.

Lots to learn :)

Your simulated pilot is in simulated air and can gain G tolerance in flight, though.

Yes, that stuff is simulated... :thumbup:

Go pull 7g and sustain it for 270-360 degrees in any aircraft without a G warm-up, then try that with the warm-up --- What happens? With the warm up you don't end up pulling into the tunnel and/or GLOC'ing.

Really?.

Where can I get info about that. And how to make the warm up.?

After the familiarization flight I figured I try the next Mission with the 1 on 1 and what can I say:

I have no idea how to throw this thing into a Dogfight.

I always loose the energy and can't get behind the opponent after we merged head on.

Lots to learn :)

He is yielding angles at every merge, patience is key. Ten degree bite on him first merge...2nd 40 degree bite, baam 4th merge saddled in. Use the vertical up or down to help gain angles. If you want to post a track I can take a look.

on

Would be awesome there little bit more time to get your F5 running, first Mission have to rush up your F5 to get behind the Flight Leader on the Taxiway.

Once you have tasted Flight, you will forever walk the Earth with your Eyes turned Skyward.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

9./JG27

Are there transcripts of the voiceovers?

5e Escadre Virtuelle du Canada / 5 Virtual Wing of Canada

Intel i9-9900KF - 8 Cores/16 Threads - 3,6/5,0GHZ / 48GB RAM / Crucial P3 Plus 2TB 3D NAND NVMe M.2 SSD / Crucial P5 1TB 3D NAND NVMe Internal SSD / WD Gold 2TB Enterprise Class HDD / NVIDIA RTX 3090 / HP Reverb G2 / HOTAS Warthog / F/A-18C Hornet HOTAS ADD-ON Grip / WINWING Super Taurus Throttle / Saitek PRO Flight Combat Rudder Pedals / Win 10 Pro

Modules owned: P-51D, F-86F, A-10C, M-2000C, F-5E, F-15C, F/A-18C, F-16C

Maps: NTTR, Persian Gulf, Syria.

Would be awesome there little bit more time to get your F5 running, first Mission have to rush up your F5 to get behind the Flight Leader on the Taxiway.

We debated how much time to give the user for start-up and figured that since the F-5E module has been out for awhile most players would be pretty proficient.

We did code the flight lead to say "Follow me when ready" and there are no other AI aircraft after he starts so you have lots of time to get started and taxi to the runway.

The mission triggers are keyed off location not timed so you could be late on your takeoff time and they should still play ok. Unless you are so slow that the flight lead runs out of fuel orbiting his first waypoint. :music_whistling:

In that case I'd recommend using the autostart until you get proficient at it. Not saying that to be cheeky or anything just giving another option if you want to get rolling sooner.