Aggressor campaign from Maple Flag

ram0506

Unfortunately no but we could generate a pdf file if necessary.

Why do you want to see a transcript?

Or subtitles maybe?

I flew Mission 1 yesterday and I feel I missed some info because of the noise, even with "Hear like helmet" option on.

Thanks.

5e Escadre Virtuelle du Canada / 5 Virtual Wing of Canada

Intel i9-9900KF - 8 Cores/16 Threads - 3,6/5,0GHZ / 48GB RAM / Crucial P3 Plus 2TB 3D NAND NVMe M.2 SSD / Crucial P5 1TB 3D NAND NVMe Internal SSD / WD Gold 2TB Enterprise Class HDD / NVIDIA RTX 3090 / HP Reverb G2 / HOTAS Warthog / F/A-18C Hornet HOTAS ADD-ON Grip / WINWING Super Taurus Throttle / Saitek PRO Flight Combat Rudder Pedals / Win 10 Pro

Modules owned: P-51D, F-86F, A-10C, M-2000C, F-5E, F-15C, F/A-18C, F-16C

Maps: NTTR, Persian Gulf, Syria.

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We debated how much time to give the user for start-up and figured that since the F-5E module has been out for awhile most players would be pretty proficient.

We did code the flight lead to say "Follow me when ready" and there are no other AI aircraft after he starts so you have lots of time to get started and taxi to the runway.

The mission triggers are keyed off location not timed so you could be late on your takeoff time and they should still play ok. Unless you are so slow that the flight lead runs out of fuel orbiting his first waypoint. :music_whistling:

In that case I'd recommend using the autostart until you get proficient at it. Not saying that to be cheeky or anything just giving another option if you want to get rolling sooner.

Was little bit to early to comment my failure, because I like to roll with my wingman/leader down the way, but it is also pretty long way you can check again all is running and check TACAN Frequency and so on..

By the Way is there anywhere for the FAM Mission directional Heading to the steer points? I lost TACAN contact on the first attempt to Belted Peak don't recognize the Heading that my Wingman talk to me :book:

Edit Found it can also found your way over china lake

Edited by MAD-MM

Once you have tasted Flight, you will forever walk the Earth with your Eyes turned Skyward.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

9./JG27

I only tried the 1st practice mission but love it already! Had to reset the fight twice due to being below hard deck. Third try he shot out my right fuel tank, right engine died but restarted after switching on crossfeed. Was able to make it back to Creech and landed on fumes...

Great job on the campaign!

Win 10, Gigabyte Aorus Ultra with i5 9600KF @ 4.6GHz, 32G DDR4 3200 RAM, GTX 1070, TrackIR 5, TM Warthog stick on VPC Warbird base, Warthog Throttle for jets & helis, CH Throttle Quadrant for props, CH Pro Pedals, 500GB SSDs for installed sims :gun_smilie:

Thanks for the feedback. :thumbup:

In testing we found every engagement was unique since it's you against the AI and you can decide the merge inputs (fast, slow, high, low, left or right).

Each decision ended in a different merge scenario and outcome. Sometimes good for you, sometimes bad. :(

Sometimes you can sucker the AI into breaking the hard deck for a win if you have trouble getting behind him.

We will post a hints and tips page on our blog soon with stuff we learned while developing and testing.

F-15C-User-Bar-ACM.v2.jpg

MapleFlagMissions - Read Our Blog for Updates

Your simulated pilot is in simulated air and can gain G tolerance in flight, though.

Yes, that stuff is simulated... :thumbup:

Go pull 7g and sustain it for 270-360 degrees in any aircraft without a G warm-up, then try that with the warm-up --- What happens? With the warm up you don't end up pulling into the tunnel and/or GLOC'ing.

I cannot tell the difference to be honest. He G effects look the same both ways.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Take into account, that not everyone is good at listening english, they can only read it.

Correct. English is not my native language. I can easily understand 90% but sometimes I could miss some details.

5e Escadre Virtuelle du Canada / 5 Virtual Wing of Canada

Intel i9-9900KF - 8 Cores/16 Threads - 3,6/5,0GHZ / 48GB RAM / Crucial P3 Plus 2TB 3D NAND NVMe M.2 SSD / Crucial P5 1TB 3D NAND NVMe Internal SSD / WD Gold 2TB Enterprise Class HDD / NVIDIA RTX 3090 / HP Reverb G2 / HOTAS Warthog / F/A-18C Hornet HOTAS ADD-ON Grip / WINWING Super Taurus Throttle / Saitek PRO Flight Combat Rudder Pedals / Win 10 Pro

Modules owned: P-51D, F-86F, A-10C, M-2000C, F-5E, F-15C, F/A-18C, F-16C

Maps: NTTR, Persian Gulf, Syria.

Hi Sabre,

All ready here to start the campaign, even printed and put pages in a file to make easier to consult.

I was thinking here... May I suggest ED to open a dedicated area in the Forum for his campaign.

I'm not in a rush to fly it. I wanna fly it properly!

Once again, in behalf of the "Tiger comunity", we thank you.

All the best,

Sydy

Sabre-TLA,

Whats the window for activation on the RTB in regards to hitting the waypoints? In mission two, nailed it on the way to the area. Gunned the instructor then RTB'ed. but must've missed the gateway exit by a few miles so the train was derailed at that point for finishing the mission.

on

It will be good to create new topic in DLC Campaigns corner ( https://forums.eagle.ru/forumdisplay.php?f=392 ), not in Belsimtek.

This campaign isnt a part of F-5E addon.

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Sabre-TLA,

Whats the window for activation on the RTB in regards to hitting the waypoints? In mission two, nailed it on the way to the area. Gunned the instructor then RTB'ed. but must've missed the gateway exit by a few miles so the train was derailed at that point for finishing the mission.

End Mission trigger is about 5 nm north of Pahute Mesa Airstrip in the Red Air Corridor.

Just keep flying south towards Creech or Nellis and you should hit it.

Guys. In this campaing I must KILL with Guns enemy or only AIM without shooting like real life ?

And second quastion - Did this campaing have any subtitles like in opening scene ? (im russian, and no good in english like u, so I need something to read this).

Edited by SandMartin

Мой youtube канал Группа в VK 

IBM x3200 Tower, i7 9700k, Asus Z390-P, HyperX Fury DDR4 2x16Gb 3466 Mhz, HyperX Savage 480Gb SSD, Asus RTX3070 Dual OC 8G, 32" Asus PG329Q, Creative Sound Blaster AE-5, HyperX Cloud Alpha + Pulsefire FPS Pro + Alloy FPS brown, Track IR 4 PRO + Clip Pro, Warhog HOTAS + CH Pro Pedal + есть руль Logitech G25

Guys. In campaing I must KILL with Guns enemy or only AIM without shooting like real life ?

And second quastions - Did this campaing have subtitles ? (im russian, and no good in english like u, so I need something to read this)

You have to actually kill the target. Would be a good future feature for ED to add a way to detect a kill without the target actually being killed to better replicate real world. If someone knows how to do this now in the existing editor please let us know and we will make it so.

No subtitles. We did the majority of our testing in VR and found them a distraction. We will produce a printed transcript for reference soon.

You have to actually kill the target. Would be a good future feature for ED to add a way to detect a kill without the target actually being killed to better replicate real world. If someone knows how to do this now in the existing editor please let us know and we will make it so.

No subtitles. We did the majority of our testing in VR and found them a distraction. We will produce a printed transcript for reference soon.

Thanks very much!

Мой youtube канал Группа в VK 

IBM x3200 Tower, i7 9700k, Asus Z390-P, HyperX Fury DDR4 2x16Gb 3466 Mhz, HyperX Savage 480Gb SSD, Asus RTX3070 Dual OC 8G, 32" Asus PG329Q, Creative Sound Blaster AE-5, HyperX Cloud Alpha + Pulsefire FPS Pro + Alloy FPS brown, Track IR 4 PRO + Clip Pro, Warhog HOTAS + CH Pro Pedal + есть руль Logitech G25

thanks for this campaign :thumbup:

+1 for subtitles , listen english is difficult for strangers , reading is a bit more easy :smartass:

I tried to create missions redflag multi players by putting the clients immortal ... But it did not work, difficult to script this action with the current editor.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

And here's another one for subtitles, at least in the fam flight mission. Catching radials and distances while setting TACAN and HSI course all while landmarks are called out was a bit much. Had to interrupt the flight several times to take a look at the briefing. (Yeah I know, I could just have written all down pre flight...)

Nevertheless great campaign so far, I obviously have to learn a lot about BFM in the F-5. Already stuck at the F-4s. ;)

Specs:

i9 10900K @ 5.1 GHz, EVGA GTX 1080Ti, MSI Z490 MEG Godlike, 32GB DDR4 @ 3600, Win 10, Samsung S34E790C, Vive, TIR5, 10cm extended Warthog on WarBRD, Crosswinds

Could be as we didn't get any crashes in testing. Are you updated to the latest 2.0 version? Maybe try a DCS Repair.

Just updated yesterday. It feels like an NTTR thing...my frames drop, then it crashes. I'll post on over there!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Zilch79's YouTube Channel:

Love the idea of this campaign! Even more with an F-5 :)

Sometimes you can sucker the AI into breaking the hard deck for a win if you have trouble getting behind him.

We will post a hints and tips page on our blog soon with stuff we learned while developing and testing.

I tried the first mission and two times out of three, blue went under the hard deck, even though I was well above (probably 6-8k+). One of those times there was no point attributed, weird.

Only got a score of 75 and apparently disappointed the boss ;) Well, blame blue for that.

In the practice mission, it went once out of three. That's 3/6, so it seems the AI isn't aware of this hard deck, or very fond of it, is that a limitation of the current AI or something I'm doing wrong?

Some suggestions:

1) +1 for the subtitles, it can help sometimes, especially with the two points below.

2) Perhaps waiting before the first messages at the beginning, or starting with a closed canopy could do wonders, in the two first missions the player's aircraft is standing next to another one starting up and the noise makes it impossible to hear the message which starts right away. Now I'll try to close the canopy as soon as possible, but that's not a reflex we have usually developed ;)

3) Navigation in the first mission (FAM) is not obvious, also in some areas the TACAN cannot be received because it's too far. Wouldn't it be better if UZI2 was leading the way?

I suppose I'll have to check how to navigate from A to B on a parallel to the radials, that must be an interesting exercise :) But the overall impression it gave me on FAM was confusing. The mission card does not give much information, and there are diagrams scattered through other documents but without much structure or pointers as to what to look for before beginning the mission, and once it starts there is an avalanche of indications the player is simply not prepared to.

The briefing says "I'll lead the takeoff but once airborne you will take over as flight lead so you can concentrate on learning the area". Well, it's the opposite I think, the pilot is so busy finding the TACAN, checking the distance, rectifying the flight and so on that he doesn't have the time to focus on the interesting parts.

Perhaps it's just me, but it didn't seem as constructive or instructive as it could have been.

System specs: Win7 x64 | CPU: i7-4770K | RAM: 16 GB | GPU: GTX 980 Ti 6 GB | Thrustmaster HOTAS | MFG rudder pedals | SATA3 SSD | TrackIR

So no subtitles/messages/orders here in mission?

Spoken text only?

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Love the idea of this campaign! Even more with an F-5 :)

I tried the first mission and two times out of three, blue went under the hard deck, even though I was well above (probably 6-8k+). One of those times there was no point attributed, weird.

Only got a score of 75 and apparently disappointed the boss ;) Well, blame blue for that.

In the practice mission, it went once out of three. That's 3/6, so it seems the AI isn't aware of this hard deck, or very fond of it, is that a limitation of the current AI or something I'm doing wrong?

Some suggestions:

1) +1 for the subtitles, it can help sometimes, especially with the two points below.

2) Perhaps waiting before the first messages at the beginning, or starting with a closed canopy could do wonders, in the two first missions the player's aircraft is standing next to another one starting up and the noise makes it impossible to hear the message which starts right away. Now I'll try to close the canopy as soon as possible, but that's not a reflex we have usually developed ;)

3) Navigation in the first mission (FAM) is not obvious, also in some areas the TACAN cannot be received because it's too far. Wouldn't it be better if UZI2 was leading the way?

I suppose I'll have to check how to navigate from A to B on a parallel to the radials, that must be an interesting exercise :) But the overall impression it gave me on FAM was confusing. The mission card does not give much information, and there are diagrams scattered through other documents but without much structure or pointers as to what to look for before beginning the mission, and once it starts there is an avalanche of indications the player is simply not prepared to.

The briefing says "I'll lead the takeoff but once airborne you will take over as flight lead so you can concentrate on learning the area". Well, it's the opposite I think, the pilot is so busy finding the TACAN, checking the distance, rectifying the flight and so on that he doesn't have the time to focus on the interesting parts.

Perhaps it's just me, but it didn't seem as constructive or instructive as it could have been.

Part of the fam is to visually aquire and remember alot of these points to make nav easier. Point to point TACAN nav can be difficult at first, but with practice it can become easier. I recommend take a good hard look during preflight so you have a good idea of the departure and arrival. Nav can be tough with little hand holding but Sabre has made this as close to reality as he can. Prep is key.

on