Aggressor campaign from Maple Flag

ram0506

Gens,

Just happened to me a very annoying thing. Not specifically related to this campaign.

During a F-14 practice, I collided and my pilot died. After I was satisfied, I wend to fly the campaign and it had restarted. I had to delete the dead one (with my name and total time on it) and created a new one. Renamed it and restarted to fly the campaign from zero.

This time I clicked "invunerable" on the pilot logbook. Didn't have this problem with the Relic Museum campaign (in 1.5, of course).

Do you think that will solve?

Thanks in advance for any goof info.

Sydy

Edited by Sydy

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sabre,

I am enjoying he campaign very much, this is exactly what I wanted for the F5.

I am having some trouble with the navigation though. For one thing in the "Departure Routes" the heading from JAYSN to FLUSH is given as 318 however on the "Recovery Routes" it is given as 302 (122+180). Similarly between FLUSH and GARTH: 358 vs 345. I am sure this is about the magnetic deviation, but I am not sure which one is right, my guess is the "Recovery" one. Or maybe I am missing something entirely.

Since you asked for suggestions:

- I would like to have an extra 5 minutes before takeoff to start the jet properly.

- The mission data could have more info, such as Stab Trim, Rotation Speed, Abort, etc.

- I would also have liked knowing the headings before takeoff, for example the heading from GARTH to Belted Peak, that way I dont depend on understanding the speech.

- I also see the leader turning right after takeoff, maybe you could have him orbiting around FLEX instead.

- On the STRYK Route on the STRYK waypoint the "LSV R-283" horizontally can be easily confused as the radial to follow instead of the 080 heading (I did that). Interestingly it is also like that on that other Red Flag PDF already mentioned above. It should have been similar to the "LSV R-299" at JORDN.

A little curiosity: sometimes I get called Lima Charlie? What does it stands for?

Again very good product, I hope you continue with more campaigns for the F-5.

Regards,

Well...

Manage to get 2 F-5s and one busted the HD, then with the F-4s got one and I busted the HD once and got both tomcats... That's where I am at this moment...

Practicing w/ the M2000Cs and starting to hate the frenchs w/ the Mirages... Damn, they turn!

Any advice?

All the best,

Sydy

This is exactly what I have been waiting for, thank you! The fam fight is great, made me realise how much I need to learn about simple stuff. The only thing I would like is more info on the knee board, like altitudes, times, headings etc. The stuff that is there already is great but more would be awesome! Jumping back to the briefing is not very realistic for me. If this info is somewhere that I can put on my phone to refer to then that is cool and I have missed it!

Again this it great, ran out of fuel on my first ACM hop and hand to emergency land just north of the range lol! At least I didn't die!

This is exactly what I have been waiting for, thank you! The fam fight is great, made me realise how much I need to learn about simple stuff. The only thing I would like is more info on the knee board, like altitudes, times, headings etc. The stuff that is there already is great but more would be awesome! Jumping back to the briefing is not very realistic for me. If this info is somewhere that I can put on my phone to refer to then that is cool and I have missed it!

Again this it great, ran out of fuel on my first ACM hop and hand to emergency land just north of the range lol! At least I didn't die!

Hi Fion,

I loved it too. My fuel management works like that: AB for the take off then max military power climbing to FL200+ on the way to the range with 280kts aprox. Fuel will starve close to wpt India. I drop the tank. AB for the merge and dogfights. Max military while recycling India. After combat is finished I know if I have 1800lb I can navigate back, max military pwr climbing to FL300+ and then Strykr Recovery to Nellis.

If you use too much AB otw in and out, you're gona bingo fuel way too fast.

Have a nice campaign,

Sydy

Hi Fion,

I loved it too. My fuel management works like that: AB for the take off then max military power climbing to FL200+ on the way to the range with 280kts aprox. Fuel will starve close to wpt India. I drop the tank. AB for the merge and dogfights. Max military while recycling India. After combat is finished I know if I have 1800lb I can navigate back, max military pwr climbing to FL300+ and then Strykr Recovery to Nellis.

If you use too much AB otw in and out, you're gona bingo fuel way too fast.

Have a nice campaign,

Sydy

Cheers, I think I am staying to low and not climbing hence using too much fuel in thick air. Do you enable the drop tank and use the external first or do you wait until your internal is spent and then fill it back up from the drop tank?

The briefing implies that you enable the external fuel tank switches and maintain approximately 300 knots. You shouldn't have fuel problems in that case. Remember to jettison before the action.

[CENTER]

Signum_Signatur.png

[/CENTER]

Glad you are enjoying it. All the briefing docs are available in pdf format in the DOC folder (Change the drive letter for your install path):

G:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World 2 OpenAlpha\Mods\campaigns\F-5E BFM\Doc

We will add more of the briefing images to the kneeboard in the next update.

F-15C-User-Bar-ACM.v2.jpg

MapleFlagMissions - Read Our Blog for Updates

Cheers, I think I am staying to low and not climbing hence using too much fuel in thick air. Do you enable the drop tank and use the external first or do you wait until your internal is spent and then fill it back up from the drop tank?

Hi Fionn,

As our coleagues said, normal fuel use is internal for TO/LAND, Outboard pylons then Center Line pylon. As we only have the CL tank, around 2kft I turn on the CL pylon fuel pump. Once I get the fuel tank empty light and master caution, I turn off the pump and jettison the CL tank.

Remember to double check the switches on the Weapons and Jettison panels.

I use a second monitor with the BFM navigation and mission briefing open in it. Helps a lot with the navigation and mission execution.

At the moment I am practicing against (and being kicked in the butt) by the Mirage 2000s. Though fight...

All thr best,

Sydy

Edited by Sydy

Guys, need HELP!

whats mean "LSV 335 for 04" in this diologe:

"Turn left to NAV point FLEX heading 320, LSV 335 for 04."

and

"8000 MSL" - is this ALT in ft ? or something else ?

Edited by SandMartin

Мой youtube канал Группа в VK 

IBM x3200 Tower, i7 9700k, Asus Z390-P, HyperX Fury DDR4 2x16Gb 3466 Mhz, HyperX Savage 480Gb SSD, Asus RTX3070 Dual OC 8G, 32" Asus PG329Q, Creative Sound Blaster AE-5, HyperX Cloud Alpha + Pulsefire FPS Pro + Alloy FPS brown, Track IR 4 PRO + Clip Pro, Warhog HOTAS + CH Pro Pedal + есть руль Logitech G25

Guys, what mean "LSV 335 for 04" in this deologe:

"Turn left to NAV point FLEX heading 320, LSV 335 for 04."

SandMartin,

That means 335 Radial from LSV TACAN and 4 NN. That gives you the position FLEX.

Turn your TACAN to TR, tune channel 12X (LSV TACAN), set your HSI to show the tip of the CDI (arrow) under 320. Once the lateral deviation bar is centered, means you are on the 320 radial and just wait for the 4NM.

8000ft uses the QNH the controller said (29.92 is the standard), but once you check in a channel or ask for inbound, it tells you the local altimeter setting.

All the best,

Sydy

Edited by Sydy

I just redid the first ACM mission, would have all the kills but I forgot to arm my guns! Guy vent vertical, I followed. I tried for the shot, not realising that I had not armed. Tried to quickly arm and fire, completely stalled as I was vertical, then proceeded to brake the hard deck trying to regain my energy lol! Got the other two but had to leave for work before I could rtb! Looking forward to doing it again after work tonight!

I just redid the first ACM mission, would have all the kills but I forgot to arm my guns! Guy vent vertical, I followed. I tried for the shot, not realising that I had not armed. Tried to quickly arm and fire, completely stalled as I was vertical, then proceeded to brake the hard deck trying to regain my energy lol! Got the other two but had to leave for work before I could rtb! Looking forward to doing it again after work tonight!

Thats exactly why I said to double check the weapons and jettson panels!

Been there, done that! LOL

SandMartin,

That means 335 Radial from LSV TACAN and 4 NN. That gives you the position FLEX.

Turn your TACAN to TR, tune channel 12X (LSV TACAN), set your HSI to show the tip of the CDI (arrow) under 320. Once the lateral deviation bar is centered, means you are on the 320 radial and just wait for the 4NM.

8000ft uses the QNH the controloer said 29.92 is the standard, but once you check in a channel or ask for inbound, it tells you the local altimeter setting.

All the best,

Sydy

Understand! Thanks!

Мой youtube канал Группа в VK 

IBM x3200 Tower, i7 9700k, Asus Z390-P, HyperX Fury DDR4 2x16Gb 3466 Mhz, HyperX Savage 480Gb SSD, Asus RTX3070 Dual OC 8G, 32" Asus PG329Q, Creative Sound Blaster AE-5, HyperX Cloud Alpha + Pulsefire FPS Pro + Alloy FPS brown, Track IR 4 PRO + Clip Pro, Warhog HOTAS + CH Pro Pedal + есть руль Logitech G25

Select Zone 5 and extend is so damn annoying loll!!! I can't seem to catch to F4s and F14s!!! They out climb me everytime, I think I am using too much energy on the merge, I just cant seem to get tight enough and close enough for the shot before they bugger off into the stratosphere!!!

Select Zone 5 and extend is so damn annoying loll!!! I can't seem to catch to F4s and F14s!!! They out climb me everytime, I think I am using too much energy on the merge, I just cant seem to get tight enough and close enough for the shot before they bugger off into the stratosphere!!!

Yes, not easy those ones, and I can't even imagine the following ones!

You have to try different solutions after the merge, but what helps enormously is to hit them at that moment (which is pretty dangerous).

System specs: Win7 x64 | CPU: i7-4770K | RAM: 16 GB | GPU: GTX 980 Ti 6 GB | Thrustmaster HOTAS | MFG rudder pedals | SATA3 SSD | TrackIR

Are aircraft labels allowed to be used in this campaign?

Nothing is enforced so you should be able to use them, though they aren't really necessary, the other aircraft is easy to spot even without enlargement :)

System specs: Win7 x64 | CPU: i7-4770K | RAM: 16 GB | GPU: GTX 980 Ti 6 GB | Thrustmaster HOTAS | MFG rudder pedals | SATA3 SSD | TrackIR

Yes, not easy those ones, and I can't even imagine the following ones!

You have to try different solutions after the merge, but what helps enormously is to hit them at that moment (which is pretty dangerous).

What, head on guns? That's like kicking a guy in the nuts, fighting dirty lol!