Aggressor campaign from Maple Flag

ram0506

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One question I have is bank angles for the fam flight and ingress to the area. I have been using a 30 degree bank angle and I haven't been getting all the calls. Plus I somehow find myself in the being told to check my position or a container warning.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

One question I have is bank angles for the fam flight and ingress to the area. I have been using a 30 degree bank angle and I haven't been getting all the calls. Plus I somehow find myself in the being told to check my position or a container warning.

AMEDooley,

For the G warm up,I go AB, bank 90 and pull, then revert right and pull. I then recover the speed.

Container calls are due to faul navigation. So far I got it only once in this campaign. We get these calls in RL as well.

Happy hunting!

What, head on guns? That's like kicking a guy in the nuts, fighting dirty lol!

Well, if you want to survive a fight, never rely on fairness :D

System specs: Win7 x64 | CPU: i7-4770K | RAM: 16 GB | GPU: GTX 980 Ti 6 GB | Thrustmaster HOTAS | MFG rudder pedals | SATA3 SSD | TrackIR

Well, if you want to survive a fight, never rely on fairness :D

Redglyph,

True! Today I managed to pass the M2000Cs!!! UHU!!!!

I was practicing for a HO pass and run. On the first engagement I manage to kill the pilot. On the second one, I went HO, missed the pass and just ran like hell. The Mirage pilot got confused and engaged the instructor... Man, I RAN! More than Forest Gump. So he called Terminate on the 5min mark and I got rid of this phase. Now is to train for the Canadians.

Btw, stay around .9 before the HO so you can control the plane better.

This training is paying off. Yesterday I went in the Fishbed x Mig server and got 3 Mig 21s (cannon, AIM-9B and AIM-9P5).

I love this campaign!

Good lucky to you all!

Sydy

I'm struggling with the F4s. After the merge and the turnaround, I get maybe one chance to hit them while they cross in front of me. After that, they hit the burners and climb to 40k and I don't get another chance to shoot them.

Remember to bring the fight low. You don't have pwr to fight the F-4s above 20kft. Maybe they go stupid and break the HD.

Good hunting,

Sydy

SandMartin,

That means 335 Radial from LSV TACAN and 4 NN. That gives you the position FLEX.

Turn your TACAN to TR, tune channel 12X (LSV TACAN), set your HSI to show the tip of the CDI (arrow) under 320. Once the lateral deviation bar is centered, means you are on the 320 radial and just wait for the 4NM.

8000ft uses the QNH the controller said (29.92 is the standard), but once you check in a channel or ask for inbound, it tells you the local altimeter setting.

All the best,

Sydy

Why set 320 if it's the 335 radial? Why not set 335?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Asus ROG Rampage Extreme VI; i9 7900X (all 10 cores at 4.5GHz); 32 Gb Corsair Dominator DDR4; EVGA 1080Ti Hybrid; 1Tb Samsung 960 Evo M2; 2Tb Samsung 850 Pro secondary.

Oculus Rift; TM Warthog; Saitek Combat Pros.

The DCS AI isn't very aggressive when it has that T/W ratio advantage like an F4 or M2k does. Take it with a grain of salt, this issue has nothing to do with Maple's campaign and all to do with the basic AI behavior.

Today russian comunity manager "chizh" says what this was becouse AI thinked that F-5 is attacker, he trying boom-zoom style to kill.

Tomortow (maybe) will be patch, there fighters AI will thinking that f-5 is a fighter. This makes them more aggresive in dogfight against f-5! More hardcore for f5s pilots.

If this will, aggressor campaing can be impassable. (i dont know, that skill level if AI there is uses)

Sorry for my english.

Edited by SandMartin

Мой youtube канал Группа в VK 

IBM x3200 Tower, i7 9700k, Asus Z390-P, HyperX Fury DDR4 2x16Gb 3466 Mhz, HyperX Savage 480Gb SSD, Asus RTX3070 Dual OC 8G, 32" Asus PG329Q, Creative Sound Blaster AE-5, HyperX Cloud Alpha + Pulsefire FPS Pro + Alloy FPS brown, Track IR 4 PRO + Clip Pro, Warhog HOTAS + CH Pro Pedal + есть руль Logitech G25

Got killed for the first time in the campaign against the mirage today. Killed first one with a deflection shot after first merge. Second one I purposefully wanted to drag it out and see what happened. Lost sight for about 5 seconds and that was all I needed to get in a 3 minute defensive weave on the deck, a few gun rounds into me later I was done.

on

Got killed for the first time in the campaign against the mirage today. Killed first one with a deflection shot after first merge. Second one I purposefully wanted to drag it out and see what happened. Lost sight for about 5 seconds and that was all I needed to get in a 3 minute defensive weave on the deck, a few gun rounds into me later I was done.

Welcome to my life in the last three days! I decided if I'd killed the first one, I'd run from the second after the first pass... That's what I did.:joystick:

Let's call it "discipline". :pilotfly:

Hello guys,

What an amazing game this is! A dream come true!

But I have a problem....

I'm stuck right now at mission 5. When I start at the ramp I see two Hornets parked behind me. At the same spot where is one Hornet, there is also a F-16 parked. So when the Hornet starts to taxi to the runway it explodes!

tried to restart the game and also restart the pc. But the problem remains.

Thanks for the help!

I've a quick question. When orbiting India, and I call ready, the clock starts ticking for the 5 min vul. Generally I don't see the bandit for about 2 mins and that only leaves about 3 mins and maybe two passes to get a kill.

Is there any better advice for this? Do the bandits only spawn when you call ready?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Asus ROG Rampage Extreme VI; i9 7900X (all 10 cores at 4.5GHz); 32 Gb Corsair Dominator DDR4; EVGA 1080Ti Hybrid; 1Tb Samsung 960 Evo M2; 2Tb Samsung 850 Pro secondary.

Redglyph,

True! Today I managed to pass the M2000Cs!!! UHU!!!!

I was practicing for a HO pass and run. On the first engagement I manage to kill the pilot. On the second one, I went HO, missed the pass and just ran like hell. The Mirage pilot got confused and engaged the instructor... Man, I RAN! More than Forest Gump. So he called Terminate on the 5min mark and I got rid of this phase. Now is to train for the Canadians.

Btw, stay around .9 before the HO so you can control the plane better.

This training is paying off. Yesterday I went in the Fishbed x Mig server and got 3 Mig 21s (cannon, AIM-9B and AIM-9P5).

I love this campaign!

Good lucky to you all!

Sydy

That seems epic, poor instructor! :megalol:

I must admit I may have killed a couple with a HO, ... killing myself in the process. I must have got that bad habit from a known youtuber that does it frequently in IL-2 (not the killing oneself part).

Have fun out there!

System specs: Win7 x64 | CPU: i7-4770K | RAM: 16 GB | GPU: GTX 980 Ti 6 GB | Thrustmaster HOTAS | MFG rudder pedals | SATA3 SSD | TrackIR

Hello guys,

What an amazing game this is! A dream come true!

But I have a problem....

I'm stuck right now at mission 5. When I start at the ramp I see two Hornets parked behind me. At the same spot where is one Hornet, there is also a F-16 parked. So when the Hornet starts to taxi to the runway it explodes!

tried to restart the game and also restart the pc. But the problem remains.

Thanks for the help!

Thanks for reporting that. We will check the mission and provide an update if the F-16 is in the wrong spot.

Update: It appears with the last update some of the units parking spots got moved.

The mission is still playable but we will remove the F-16 as it's overlaying one of the AI aircraft now. We will check the other missions and submit a fix for the next update.

The other missions are ok but we will ensure this is fixed in the next update.

Edited by Sabre-TLA

F-15C-User-Bar-ACM.v2.jpg

MapleFlagMissions - Read Our Blog for Updates

I've a quick question. When orbiting India, and I call ready, the clock starts ticking for the 5 min vul. Generally I don't see the bandit for about 2 mins and that only leaves about 3 mins and maybe two passes to get a kill.

Is there any better advice for this? Do the bandits only spawn when you call ready?

They spawn when the ready call is made (we need to make it variable since we couldn't always know when the player would be ready for the engagement).

It's up to you to decide when to call ready but in testing we found calling ready when turned east allowed us to pick them up on radar and plan for the merge better.

Just to add, fighting aircraft better than yours (which is most of them) the merge is key. If you can time it you can get a shot while they are passing.

If you can get ahead of the merge you can turn so when they overshoot you have a clear shot at their tail.

If they evad high you can show them your tail and they will turn back into you. You can also try and sucker them into the hard deck.

There is a whole science behind BFM so we recommend you do some internet searching and read as much as you can about it then try those techniques in the game. Good luck!

It depends on the engagement.

Typically you are flying out together and start line abreast and then turn into each other. Other engagements you start astern in a perch position, or even start defensive.

I would expect you would get a few more attempts before you were joker fuel than what we could simulate.

We wanted the F-5E fighting clean (no drop tanks) with enough fuel to still make it back to Nellis. 2 x 5 min engagements seemed to be reasonable but you still have to manage your fuel.

In a BFM engagement you want to kill the opponent as quickly as you can.

Sabre-TLA,

I just would like to say thank you! This campaign is what many of us, Tiger drivers, would like to do. I am having a lot of fun flying it and, sometimes, getting luck to shot at some dissimilar planes.

All the best,

Sydney

It depends on the engagement.

Typically you are flying out together and start line abreast and then turn into each other. Other engagements you start astern in a perch position, or even start defensive.

I would expect you would get a few more attempts before you were joker fuel than what we could simulate.

We wanted the F-5E fighting clean (no drop tanks) with enough fuel to still make it back to Nellis. 2 x 5 min engagements seemed to be reasonable but you still have to manage your fuel.

In a BFM engagement you want to kill the opponent as quickly as you can.

Ideal, makes sense. I forget in a sim if you run out of fuel its not really a big deal, not so in RL :cry:

They spawn when the ready call is made (we need to make it variable since we couldn't always know when the player would be ready for the engagement).

It's up to you to decide when to call ready but in testing we found calling ready when turned east allowed us to pick them up on radar and plan for the merge better.

Just to add, fighting aircraft better than yours (which is most of them) the merge is key. If you can time it you can get a shot while they are passing.

If you can get ahead of the merge you can turn so when they overshoot you have a clear shot at their tail.

If they evad high you can show them your tail and they will turn back into you. You can also try and sucker them into the hard deck.

There is a whole science behind BFM so we recommend you do some internet searching and read as much as you can about it then try those techniques in the game. Good luck!

Thanks Sabre :-)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thanks for the tips!

Actually, as a suggestion, it would be great to get some of those pointers in the missions.

It's nice to give such an experience and allow the virtual pilots to try different approaches on their own, but it would be even better to take this opportunity to introduce advices or sketches of a lesson before each encounter. Could be as an option (F10), with a dialogue on the way to the encounter, or as a documentation.