Aggressor campaign from Maple Flag

ram0506

That's a good idea however there are tons of good information about BFM techniques which would be hard to include in this campaign. We will consider adding some highlights though.

Ideally a BFM specific training campaign that could articulate each technique individually would be best - something else we have been considering for awhile.

We recommend this book if you get a chance: Fighter Combat Tactics and Maneuvering

We also recommend watching this video:

F-15C-User-Bar-ACM.v2.jpg

MapleFlagMissions - Read Our Blog for Updates

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's a good idea however there are tons of good information about BFM techniques which would be hard to include in this campaign. We will consider adding some highlights though.

Ideally a BFM specific training campaign that could articulate each technique individually would be best - something else we have been considering for awhile.

We recommend this book if you get a chance: Fighter Combat Tactics and Maneuvering

True enough.

Thanks again for the references, that book would fit very nicely under a Xmas tree ;)

System specs: Win7 x64 | CPU: i7-4770K | RAM: 16 GB | GPU: GTX 980 Ti 6 GB | Thrustmaster HOTAS | MFG rudder pedals | SATA3 SSD | TrackIR

Just bought the Fighter Combat Tactics and Maneuvering book off Amazon. Looking forward to reading it!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Asus ROG Rampage Extreme VI; i9 7900X (all 10 cores at 4.5GHz); 32 Gb Corsair Dominator DDR4; EVGA 1080Ti Hybrid; 1Tb Samsung 960 Evo M2; 2Tb Samsung 850 Pro secondary.

Oculus Rift; TM Warthog; Saitek Combat Pros.

You won't regret it. When we post up our Campaign hints and tips on our blog we will include all our Nellis, Red Flag, and Aggressor references used to help create the campaigns.

We have been collecting books and references as soon as we heard about the Nevada map.

:-)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Asus ROG Rampage Extreme VI; i9 7900X (all 10 cores at 4.5GHz); 32 Gb Corsair Dominator DDR4; EVGA 1080Ti Hybrid; 1Tb Samsung 960 Evo M2; 2Tb Samsung 850 Pro secondary.

Oculus Rift; TM Warthog; Saitek Combat Pros.

Such a great video, I just can not seem to retain energy when turning with the F5, I might be turning to hard but I can not beat even the F14s! They can regain energy much easier than I can :mad:

• 2 weeks later...

Question: The first flight/mission I am unable to fly the route because I don't know were I am going..

how to get waypoints set in aircraft prior to T.O., or while in mission.

Can this be done or do I navigate from the bases signal (tucan I think it is called)

The radio frequencies are the only things listed in brefing... that and Lat/Long coordinates.

They are only used for speak? Other than the double number TUCAN thing.

The reason I ask, usually, the briefings state them( 0-360 Deg.) of travel ect....

I could measure this and get degrees, but how do you know when to turn.

Thank you.

Edited by Hermit713

The F-5E uses TACAN navigation so think point to point.

The briefing diagrams and the Mission Planner show you the route. You can use the F10 NAV Menu item to get a quick look at each Nav point. In the next update we have added the briefing diagram to the kneeboard (just like you would use in real life).

To navigate, identify the Nav point name you want to fly to next, set the TACAN and HSI Course to the desired settings and then fly the jet to that point. Once you get there you set the TACAN to the next Nav point.

The NAV points are indicated like this (FLEX LSV 335 04 TACAN 12X). FLEX is the NAV point name, LSV is the TACAN station, 335 is the bearing from the station, 04 is the distance from the station and 12X is the TACAN channel to be used. Each station has a unique number LSV is 12X.

The idea being that you want to fly the aircraft to the point where you are on the bearing line from the TACAN station and at the Nav point distance from the station. When you reach that point then you are at the waypoint.

It takes some getting used to compared to more modern Nav methods, but once you have done it a few times you will get the hang of it.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I love the level of detail that is put into each mission, the FAM is a great way to start the flying. I just wish the F5 didn't require so much trim work. I do have a quick question, on the 1st BFM mission, I'm supposed to be the one checking in correct? and to do this I just use the "" menu correct? Thanks ...Check Six!!!

www.tomhedlund.com

Modules: A-10C, A-10CII. F-16, AV8B, F-5E, F-14, F/A-18C, P-51, BF-109, F-86, FC3, Ka-50, UH-1H, Mig-15, Mig-21, YAK-52, L-39.

Maps: NTTR, PG, Normandy. Syria...

Others: Super Carrier, WWII Asset Pack

If you make very small trim adjustments you can get it to fly fairly level but you can't ignore it. Make sure you use your center fuel tank first so you can drop it before the first engagement.

Yes use the menu whenever you have to communicate a command. CHECK-IN, FENCE-IN, READY, FENCE-OUT, and CHECK-OUT.

Each time you fly to waypoint INDIA the READY F10 menu will be available and you use that to tell everyone you are ready for the engagement.

I recommend on the 2nd or 3rd engagements don't indicate READY until you are pointed back EAST so you can pick up the bandit on your radar quicker.

Edited by Sabre-TLA

• 1 year later...

The NAV points are indicated like this (FLEX LSV 335 04 TACAN 12X). FLEX is the NAV point name, LSV is the TACAN station, 335 is the bearing from the station, 04 is the distance from the station and 12X is the TACAN channel to be used. Each station has a unique number LSV is 12X.

Hello!

I have a question to this.

I have do two pictures. Why is the Bearing 335 and not 353??

The Left show the Bearing of 335 and it do not point to FLEX.

Why, what do i wrong or dont understand?:doh:

https://photos.app.goo.gl/whEsZw1iLufkLmu92

I hope you understand what i mean! :)

Thanks!

Edited by MarcinCh

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]