Good Simple Missions?

Avio

Any good simple missions for the F15C? Any way to randomly generate simple CAP or intercept missions whereby I can dictate how many bogies at specific theatres?

Like it that way rather than I create one which gets too predictable.

Avio

I keep this one to test out Patches and Updates.

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/994462/?sphrase_id=5042193

OS:Win10 Home CPU:i7 3770K 3.5(@4.3GHz) COOLER:ZalmanCNPS10X-PERFORMA MOBO:GigabyteGA-Z77X-UD5H SSD#1:SamsungEVO850Pro 500GB SSD#2:SanDisk240GB HDD:2x Seagate2TB GFX:GigabyteGTX670 WF3 2GB OC1058MHz RAM:16GB 16000MHz DDR3 KEYB'Ds:Corsair K95/MS SidewinderX4 MOUSE:LogitechG700s MON:2x ASUS 24” ROUTER:ASUS RT-N66U DarkKnight INTERWEBS:Fibre152Mbps/12Mbps JOYSTICK:TM T16000m Modded THROTTLE:TM TWCS HEADTRACK:TrackIR5Pro

• 3 weeks later...

Little late to this party but look up CASCAP Infinity; more or less exactly what you're looking for apart from being able to dictate the number of bandits spawned.

The CAP taskings are geared towards early Gen 4s (no R-27ERs or R-77s on the bad guys) or late Gen 3s but still great practice with SARH or an amusing massacre if you carry AIM-120s. ;)

If you're looking for something more structured, you can find a free 12 mission campaign I published a year and a half or so ago called "An Eye for an Eye." Check the "Missions and Campaigns" forum.

Create four sets of bandits in different directions.

Set them all to late activation.

Create a ONCE trigger FLAG SET RANDOM VALUE, something like (1,1,4)

Create a ONCE trigger with a condition FLAG EQUALS(1,1) ACTIONS ACTIVATE UNIT and pick the first group.

Repeat for all groups, incrementing the flag (1,2) then (1,3) etc.

Presto, you have a random mission that you cannot predict. The more groups you put in, the more variation, including cheesing yourself with putting bandits in all locations but swapping their type, altitudes, etc.

HTH, have a great cold war interceptor mission that still blows me away in how cool it is with one of 14 scenarios.

SIMPLE SCENERY SAVING * SIMPLE GROUP SAVING * SIMPLE STATIC SAVING *

• 1 month later...

I'm going to be posting a newbie F15C mission with random enemy planes that continuously spawn forever (RTB to base when low on fuel and take off again). They will randomly patrol 1 of 2 zones. They are limited in weapons. Waypoints randomized all over their patrol zones at different heights.

I made this first to have something where I can fly and identify targets and learn how to use the radar, get into fights where it makes sense, run from others. I'll be expanding on it when I learn some more.

It was also created to learn the Moose Mission Framework so that I can create some really dynamic and random missions.

Now I just have to figure out where and how to post this mission!!

You can also upload it directly to a post here; the Missions and Campaigns subforum here is a good place to announce and upload files (as well as the ED User Files section as dallas suggested)

When you start a thread, towards the bottom there is a button that says "Manage Attachments."

This will open a menu that will allow you to upload your .miz file.