Possible to enhance HUD?

pepto

Looking at HUD footage (particularly this clip) I noticed that the HUD has a sort of bloom effect. The closest thing I can relate it to is the gunsight effects used in Battle of Stalingrad/Moscow. Is there any way to edit the HUD to resemble this? I don't expect a miracle but I feel like it would add a much greater level of immersion even if it is a smaller change ;)

[EDIT] Could it also be possible to change the contrast too? The real life HUD seems to be more intense than what we have.

Edited by pepto

Damn man!, I was going to post an identical post!:thumbup:

Thats something I also noticed some time ago...huds in DCS dont feel like "light" being reflected in a crystal...they need that "glowing" effect in the edges of the displayed items...also, as you said, in real life they seem to be more intense. In the A10C I cant sometimes see whats in the hud due to all those things.

The F-5 hud has improved a bit and has that little glowing effect but even this one lacks a bit that "light feeling". Hope to see some improvements on this.:)

Take a look at my MODS here

Damn man!, I was going to post an identical post!:thumbup:

Thats something I also noticed some time ago...huds in DCS dont feel like "light" being reflected in a crystal...they need that "glowing" effect in the edges of the displayed items...also, as you said, in real life they seem to be more intense. In the A10C I cant sometimes see whats in the hud due to all those things.

The F-5 hud has improved a bit and has that little glowing effect but even this one lacks a bit that "light feeling". Hope to see some improvements on this.:)

I think it's really funny that a bit after I post this leatherneck shows us the viggen which has exactly the same effect you and I are looking for :P