Subtitles for Mission Messages Yes or No

Subtitles for Mission Messages Yes or No  

69 members have voted

1. 1. Subtitles for Mission Messages Yes or No

• Yes - I want Subtitles.
    • No - I don't want Subtitles.
    • Both - I want the ability to turn them on or off as desired.

In our recent F-5E BFM Campaign we did not include any subtitles as we find them an immersion killer.

However many others have indicated they have value and appreciate having the messages displayed on screen.

Ideally we think this should be an option for the user similar to the Game Engine Subtitles check box you have on the Audio screen currently.

We would like to know what the majority of players prefer. Please vote Yes if you prefer Mission Message Subtitles or No if you do not.

Thanks.

F-15C-User-Bar-ACM.v2.jpg

MapleFlagMissions - Read Our Blog for Updates

I think, considering we often add radio distortion effects to voiceovers and that much of DCS's player base speaks English as a second language, subtitles are nice to include.

Having the option would be great but definitely extra work for you guys, either through multiple versions or an F10 option...as far as I know DCS doesn't support this natively...with that in mind I've simply voted yes. :)

For me now - yes I want to have subtitles for better understanding rules or orders (spoken text not enough for me, English isnt my native language) but in the future It will be nice to turn it off.

Now it must be for me (because the new option will be, if it will be, next 2-3 months perhaps....).

Edited by YoYo

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

The problem is the volume level of the Soundfile - if it is not loud and not 'clear' enough - yes subtitles are useful - but it would distract you from flying.

So activate & deactivate option would be nice.

Playing: F-16C

Intel i7-13700KF, 64GB DDR5 @5600MHz, RTX 4080 ZOTAC Trinity, WIN 11 64Bit Prof.

Squadron "Serious Uglies" / Discord-Server: https://discord.gg/2WccwBh

Ghost0815

Since DCS has such a diverse player base having the option to turn them on and off would be ideal, but I didn't think that DCS supported that, so defaulted to the "yes" option.

System Spec: Cooler Master Cosmos C700P Black Edition case. | AMD 5950X CPU | MSI RTX-3090 GPU | 32GB HyperX Predator PC4000 RAM | | TM Warthog stick & throttle | TrackIR 5 | Samsung 980 Pro NVMe 4 SSD 1TB (boot) | Samsung 870 QVO SSD 4TB (games) | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit.

Personal wish list: DCS: Su-27SM & DCS: Avro Vulcan.

I think, becouse you sell your campaing not only in USA/UK markets, u must make subtiltes (maybe with able to turn off)! This much better than nothing!

its can maye playble ur campaings much better for non-EN pilots around the world (who can translate subtitles with google translate)!

Edited by SandMartin

Мой youtube канал Группа в VK 

IBM x3200 Tower, i7 9700k, Asus Z390-P, HyperX Fury DDR4 2x16Gb 3466 Mhz, HyperX Savage 480Gb SSD, Asus RTX3070 Dual OC 8G, 32" Asus PG329Q, Creative Sound Blaster AE-5, HyperX Cloud Alpha + Pulsefire FPS Pro + Alloy FPS brown, Track IR 4 PRO + Clip Pro, Warhog HOTAS + CH Pro Pedal + есть руль Logitech G25

The option to turn subtitles ON and OFF is already implemented in DCS and has always been there if I am not mistaken.

If you use RADIO TRANSMISSION (as opposed to SOUND TO trigger) you can switch them on and off in menu. And on top of that you add another layer of realism, as you need to be tuned to correct frequencies on your radios.

Below a short video with example:

Edited by baltic_dragon
ce535d_9d347b62819c4372b3c485a4f95d2004~mv2.png

For me yes and no, i like the solution with no subtitels but when you miss some important things simpley can restart the Mission or can alt-Tab allways to the PDF File what is more immerson killer.

Would possible only give as small Hint where your important information Displayed for 5 Secunds. As example there is only LSV 233/4 Heading 260 nothing more?

Once you have tasted Flight, you will forever walk the Earth with your Eyes turned Skyward.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

9./JG27

I'm not a native english speaker, so I would prefer subtitles :)

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB