***DCS: AJS-37 Coming to DCS: World!***

Cobra847

i hope we will soon see wepon deployment demos like mavirck, standoff munitions and anti ship etc

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

How will the navigation work in the Viggen?

With a map and a compass :lol:

Just fly east.... ;)

ASUS Z370, i7 8086K @ 5,2 Ghz, ASUS Strix GTX 1080, 16GB Ram, TM HOTAS Warthog, TrackIR 5, Saitek combat rudders, 25" 1440p monitor, Oculus Rift

Since you've announced it on my birthday, I'll take it as a sign that I have to buy it (or risk facing seven years of bad luck just like that old gypsy woman said).

i386DX40@42 MHz w/i387 CP, 4 MB RAM (8*512 kB), Trident 8900C 1 MB w/16-bit RAMDAC ISA, Quantum 340 MB UDMA33, SB 16, DOS 6.22 w/QEMM + Win3.11CE, Quickshot 1btn 2axis, Numpad as hat. 2 FPH on a good day, 1 FPH avg.

DISCLAIMER: My posts are still absolutely useless. Just finding excuses not to learn the F-14 (HB's Swansong?).

Annoyed by my posts? Please consider donating. Once the target sum is reached, I'll be off to somewhere nice I promise not to post from. I'd buy that for a dollar!

Since I think you're doing the developers a favour by pointing out flaws and bugs as early as posible, I don't think it's too early to do so now.

It's clearly a fantastic job! And it's not always easy to get a proper perspective when looking at pictures and videos. It will be easier when the module is released, and we can view it live, from any angle.

But I concur with robban75s findings below. Also spotted a few mirrored decals. This can of course be because of the development status of the Viggen, so if it's already on the to do list, or fixed, well then, just disregard ;)

I noticed that the nose gear bay doors doesn't open fully. When hydraulic pressure is applied the nose gear doors are almost parallell to the ground. After engine shutdown, and hyd pressure bleeds off, they sag.

That said, I can't wait to buy and fly!!! Keep up the great work, Leatherneck! :pilotfly:

Perhaps a little early for critique. But here goes. :music_whistling:

The external 3D-model could use some tweaking though. The most glaring flaw would be the vertical fin. It's way too broad at the tip.

Also, no splinter camouflaged Viggen sported the small national insignias. That was used by the grey schemed Viggens only.

The font used for the numbers on the vertical fin(in the reveal)is an older style font never used on the Viggen. Some early Draken versions used it.

There. I said it. Now please don't kill me. :pilotfly:

Between two and four weeks :)

I didn't thought that I'll say it but thats too much - Spit and Viggen at the same time :) Good that Christmass break is coming. There should be enough time to fly both :)

F/A-18, F-16, F-14, M-2000C, A-10C, AV-8B, AJS-37 Viggen, F-5E-3, F-86F, MiG-21bis, MiG-15bis, L-39 Albatros, C-101 Aviojet, P-51D, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Bf 109 4-K, UH-1H, Mi-8, Ka-50, NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf... and not enough time to fully enjoy it all

How will the navigation work in the Viggen?

I think it has some sort of INS.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Regarding the tip of the vertical stab:

I made some measurements on a picture of SE-DXN. The dimensions are not to scale (!!), but the relation between the dimensions are reliable as they are in the same plane (as in geometric plane, not the flying around, blowing stuff up kind of plane. The picture was taken straight on, so there's not much perspective distortion, and the same seems to be the case with the screenshot).

attachment.php?attachmentid=152539&stc=1&d=1480417639

attachment.php?attachmentid=152540&stc=1&d=1480418090

Any information about the tactic, how the Viggen was used in the Swedish airforce? And are there mission ideas how it could work in DCS?

The main objective of the AJ/AJS 37 wings was to stop or slow a soviet invasion fleet. Swedish doctrine at the time was to fly in groups of 4, low (approximately 10-30 meters AGL) and fast (mach 0,8?) carrying RBS 04 or RBS 15 anti ship missiles (two on each aircraft). Most attacks would involve the pilot firing of all of the ordinance and then getting the hell out of there asap. Loitering was rarely part of the plan. :-) At least this is how i've come to understand it. :-)

Regarding the "low" part of ther flying there were incidents of viggens catching telephone wires with the drop tank, and incidents of roof tiling being blown of houses when they passed. That should give you some perspective. :P

Edited by RaXha

do the AJS 37 have Chaff/Flare dispenser?

Yes but it would be carried in a separate pod on one of the inner wing pylons sacrificing one weapon (It was the same thing with the Jammer so if you wanted the Jammer Pod and the Chaff/Flare pod you lost two weapons pylons).

But it was never planned that all aircraft in a flight would carry their own countermeasure pods but rather one or 2 aircraft in the flight would have countermeasures and would support the others by laying chaff corridors

etc

(as the pod contained a large number of chaff for this reason).

And since the formation was usually pretty tight so one or two aircraft releasing chaff and flares or using jammers where supposed to protect the entire formation.

(Atleast that i my understanding)

But the primary defensive tactic would be the low flying at high speed making it hard for the enemy to find and try to fire at you before you had already attacked and left.

Good job!

I wonder if it's the trailing edge angle that's off?

It's a bit hard to tell from the pictures, but the angle between the top of the stab and trailing edge of the rudder is approximately 98° in the picture and 96° in the screenshot. IMO, the measurements are inaccurate enough that a margin of error of ± a few degrees can be expected, so it's hard to tell where the error is. And I'm not driving to Linköping with a ladder, tape measure, spirit level and protractor to find out what the actual values are. Not that I really care that much (I do most of my flying from inside the cockpit), but I know that the rivet counters out there will be losing sleep over it :)

Well hello Sweden my old foe, we meet again ;)

:pilotfly:Wolfpack Production:pilotfly:

-=<[WiN 10, I7 3770K @ 4,5 Ghz, Corsair H100i, Sabertooth Z77, 16 GB Dominator, Sapphire 7970 VaporX 6GB, C70 Vengance, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Pro rudder, Track IR, Beyerdynamics MMX 300 ]>=-

DCS/FC2/FC3/Arma videos on my channel:

https://www.youtube.com/user/WolfpackproductionDK

"Fortes Furtuna Juvat"